Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by xMIGZx

6801686ce8fabc3cd99de47a60ffccb9659f247d_r.jpg
30016f67e9f8bb33d336573e8ae066b41d0a4fe5_r.jpg
d7236b706274e1ecfbd2bb893ae3da31ae3c3b32_r.jpg
6c316f68e7f1b935dcf8f191fdf4bd15cee15dea_r.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In this pic it seems the Red is more to the pair in 02 as opposed to Air Randy's pics where they seemed really brighter than the 02's.

The silver on the tounge does seem different though if I'm not mistaken.

I'm getting 2 pairs for sure though I gave my 02's a lot of burn to the point where they now look like the DMP 7's where some parts the black is faded to a greyish color.

Raptor > French > bordeaux > olympic

My top 4 in that order. And with the seven being my favorites period I'll try for 2-3 pairs of the olympic and these each.

I don't know. They look like the fakes from back in 02-04 with that one tone upper especially in those Marqueesole pictures. I can't believe I'm the only one that sees that.

I do like the rest of the shoe though. This colorway and shoe was one of my favorite Jordan models from back in the days .
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

hey op, since JB elimated any resemblence of charcoal

Left from da dmp VII's change da title of this thread back to raptors.

STOP IT...you too old to be incouraging that foolishness.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

STOP IT...you too old to be incouraging that foolishness.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I don't know. They look like the fakes from back in 02-04 with that one tone upper especially in those Marqueesole pictures. I can't believe I'm the only one that sees that.

Trust me, you're not...
Spoiler [+]
T217JKXbXcXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

Discount%20Air%20Jordan%207-Retro-SlateGray-Red.jpg

But it's the Elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge ...you can't make comments about Jordans looking like fakes anymore or else the "save JB brigade" will descend upon us spouting off their usual nonsense about how we should be grateful that JB are even releasing these.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Surprised that they resemble the 2002's. Good job JB. Will pass since I already have the '02's and only worn them once.
The one thing that I still don't get is, how come JB keeps the jumpmans facing the right way on the VII's, but can't get it right on the XI's?   
laugh.gif
Don't forget the IX's too.
Originally Posted by gatorad3

OP died not too long ago.
frown.gif
frown.gif

I do like the rest of the shoe though. This colorway and shoe was one of my favorite Jordan models from back in the days .
smokin.gif
Didn't the '02 "Raptors" have that one tone upper?  I know exactly what you mean about the fakes with the 1 tone upper from that time period, but the fakes always had a cheaper, flimsier looking "suede" (or is it nubuck?) uppers and THAT was the biggest differentiator, not the color.  

I dont now, nor did I then, own a pair of raptors and I certainly passed on that pack from '10, so I don't have a base for comparison.  Which is why I'm deferring to those that are better in the know for these.

Also, weren't the OG's from '92 more like the '10 retro in that the color blocking was black and grey (charcoal) on the uppers, as oppose to the all black uppers on the '02 retro?  Somebody school thekid.  Thanks.

By the way...these are copped irregardless...Yes, I just said "irregardless"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So as Ive said in other posts, The 6s, 7s, and 13s are my fav jordans period!!!! So Im definitely GEEKED about the RAPTORS coming out again! I know for sure that I will get 2 pair and I will hunt for a 3rd! The 7s are just so comfortable and this colorway with the black instead of the grey is just NASTY!!!! These are a definite cop but only thing that i wish is that they would come with the flat laces, but wont stop me from buying them lol. CANT WAIT

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Trust me, you're not...
Spoiler [+]
T217JKXbXcXXXXXXXX_!!51492967.jpg

But it's the Elephant in the room that nobody wants to acknowledge ...you can't make comments about Jordans looking like fakes anymore or else the "save JB brigade" will descend upon us spouting off their usual nonsense about how we should be grateful that JB are even releasing these.

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
The originals and the 02's were two toned, but I believe it was because of the different materials they used. So technically they may have been the same color, but the different materials caused them to look different shades.

If you were around back in 02-04 you would remember that distinguishing the fakes from the legit 2002 pair was easy. If it had a one tone upper that was very dark black than they were fakes. They looked just like these ones that are releasing as posted above by Firepower.

OG's

395637402large.jpg

dsc02722df.jpg

02's

p1050867l.jpg

DMP's

dsc09954i.jpg

2012's 

air-jordan-7-raptors-new-images-7-570x427.jpg

Whomever said they were two toned back in the day is correct. These aren't nice like I thought they'd be. JB pays no attention to detail anymore. I promise you my friends all that dies will live again.

These are my grails. Will be trying really hard to get a pair, even though they dont nearly as nice as the 2002s but those are impossible to find in good condition

They like to play games don't they.  

DMP two tone was too grey, then instead of meeting somewhere in the middle, they just said F it, and full blown didn't care 
laugh.gif

Too bad, because these are one of the best Jordan colorways ever made 
30t6p3b.gif

To be honest, it's not even the one tone of black that makes them look that bad imo. I could live with a one tone black (à la the Chambrays)

And besides, if you look at the early comments, most people wanted these to be all black anyway after the DMPs which most thought were too tonally contrasted.

But no, the thing that ruins these for me and what I think most closely resembles the fakes is the paper thin leather ...plus the slant of the wings that virtually make them look like a low top.

The '02 retros were certainly not perfect aesthetically, but at least they were comfy and good quality with nice thick leather (the French Blues had just about the nicest leather on any retro)

Ive come to the conclusion that there is absolutely NO pleasing you guys....first, you say that the DMP pack looks nothing like the OG. Then you say it looks like the OG, but its too grey. Then you say you want this one to have the same black tone of the 02s, and when it comes out, you compain about the red (as if JB has made a True Red shoe in 15 years).....*sits back and waits for tongue slander*

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Trust me, you're not...
Spoiler [+]
T217JKXbXcXXXXXXXX_%21%2151492967.jpg

most people i remember having da feeling that they wish da 2002's were like da fakes in how da entire sneaker was one shade and didn't fade.

Back
Top Bottom