Official Air Jordan XX3 White/Black/Red Post 2/16/08

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by rickjames10

Kind of disappointed they changed the sole from grey to white (on the Wh-Blk-Rd colorway) but the shoe looks nice. It sure has grown on me since pictures first surfaced.
I saw someone with some fakes last week. The grey sole and black shoe strings definitely did a lot for this colorway.

Yeah, they sort of make the shoe "pop". You can't really see the grey sole but you get the idea:
101154edca3c8610eade77723d250316d8bc277.pjpg

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Sorry Bill

24zg22s.jpg
it's alright, you just have to work that much harder after rubbing it in. I still say my three acquisitions today trump the xx3's, no Ron? Notto say we don't need to track down another pair...

i heart the white soles far more than the grey. much cleaner and crisper look imo.

BUT go for one half hour walk outside, like i just did, and they aint so white no moe

stuffeyesaw750wz8.jpg

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by ijapino

It's funny what only a couple months and a lil bit of HYPE can do to anyone's opinion.

Here are the initial responses to some Niketalk members after seeing the first black/white picture posted by litesole a couple months back compared to their responses now:

royalflush1230: " this is so ****** ugly!!!!!!!!!" to "THEM BOIS IS FIA!!!!!!!"

Jordan23Head: " God Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL" to " Me too....mine should be in on wednesday "

rowenarrow: " wow, thanks for the pic, but man I hop thats not it." to "Man I can't wait to buy and recieve mine"

east99: ".............. shame, shame, shame. if these are really the 23's, they need slap the designer. they ugly!" to "i wanna get me a pair. i'll have to see if i have any left over money from my bills and stuff. pretty clean shoe though."

RunningFishy: " who cares.. garantee gonna be another dissapointment. they might as well make it like the @#%$ dunks and slab all kind jordan model onit" to "They are great and on point. Done well, though I'm not sure how well they will hold up in basketball play or what not. The stealths look better suited. One thin to emphasis is the patent leather on it, especially in the toe box area."

Simmonsmike: " Wow.......I hope not!" to "Where can I preorder a size 11 right now? Every site has sold out of it already. Oh well,next saturday should be cool in DC"

vick619: " ewwww!!!" to "Some guy walked into my store with these about a week back. At first i thought they were fake. But i inspected them and they were real. They were nice and really light."

23thegreatest23: " its gonna B funny for those that like these but will get dissapointed on how wack these are!" to having this in his avatar:
1d335db3ee21507f83c3a0dc8b5f69b20522260_t.jpg

...But rickkid23 takes the cake for a complete 180 degree turnaround!

richkid23: " Why would you want glory for a disappointing shoe
ohwell.gif
"> ? imo the XX3 is the most horrible jordan shoe ever it seem like gentry saved the worst for last instead of the best for last SMH
smh.gif
"> @ whoever like the XX3.
mad.gif
">"

"Everyone keep saying people who dislikes the XX3 will have a change of heart when the "real" picture appears well I think it will be the other way around I think the people who like them now will dislike them when the "real" picture appears.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
"

"The @#%$ dub zeros should have been the XX3
roll.gif
"> or even the XV
laugh.gif
"> because the XX3 are just
sick.gif
"> !"

" JB should be paying us $230 or even $180 to wear them!
roll.gif
">"

"I wouldn't cop even when they hit the outlets
roll.gif
"

" I'm
mad.gif
@ the XX3 for looking like that!"

" I have the same opinion to these as when i saw the black & white pic
sick.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif
"

to "I know I know my past opinions on the xx3's but i needed some kicks for v-day
laugh.gif
roll.gif
"

edd3572dea98c9d2aaab86363cf7b688814122f.pjpg

So I guess, The Beatles were right...."All You Need is Love"

bwahhahahahaha!

called out. same sht, different day over on the "other" site.
Good call, you got me, but um as the pages will show I slowly alter my mind on these as I learned more. No matter what I was always going to get theshoe, but once again good call some of these cats were really saying this shoe was a piece of cr@p.

Yo did anybody catch the CNBC report on the 23's they showed the white and red color. It looked nice.

I'm glad most of y'all can admit your change of hearts. This wasn't about calling people out to make fun of them. Like I mentioned before, I didthis to show how every year it's the same story. Jordans are NEVER liked by EVERYBODY from the start. They all took time. Most people had to have the shoesgrow on them before they even considered coppin.

With every new leaked picture of the XX3's, I keep seeing the same complaints over and over...
It's always someone saying they look like some other shoes, or that they looked uninspired or whatever...

Sorry folks, This ultimate-never before seen- sneaker wasn't going to happen. The fact that this shoe was hyped for two years now, made it an impossible to reach goal before we even saw sketches. People were expecting this out-of-the world design, and they got served with a classic, clean looking shoe. Hell, every shoe now a days looks like something else. You can make the connection to almost anything that's out right now. The fact is theres only so much you can do with a shoe. Of course certain design elements are going to resemble something else.

Instant classic? Sorry again, no Air Jordan in recent memory has been an instant classic. None, zero, zilch. They all took time. Name me one recent Air Jordan that was hit from the time we first saw pics? The XX2's looked too plain for most people in the beginning. The XXI's were said to have looked like Reebok ATR's. The XX's? People laughed at the floating strap concept. The list goes on to even the XIs. It took awhile before the XI's patent leather grew on people. I've been around the shoe game long enough to know this happens EVERY year. A new Jordan surfaces, and people are dissapointed. Once they release, it's another story and they become someone's favorite. So instant classic, the XX3's are not. However, that doesn't mean they won't be. What makes alot of Air Jordans great is the subtle details that you don't normally see just from looking at pictures. People need to remember that Air Jordans have never been about pleasing everyone. They don't come out year after year with the expectation that everyone will fall in love with them.

point this does happen every year, shoot the 22's were well hated, but for the most part I think they still are, lol. Anyways I need to find a site thatwill ship to an APO that is selling the shoe right now.

Originally Posted by eltouha

it's summer over here so i'm already in shorts...
they arrived...
stuffeyesaw746zq8db6.jpg

BUT along with the expected patent leather creases, I immediately found two other problems, both on my right shoe
frown.gif

one:
stuffeyesaw747gh4.jpg

bubble between clear plastic and paint. i think these would inevitably form with the hard plastic not being as flexible as the material it is attached to.

and two:
stuffeyesaw749hf4.jpg

Scuff mark on the clear plastic. I imagine these would have the same vulnerability as the backs of the XX2. once they're scratched or scuffed, you can't do anything about it (as far as i'm aware)

aside from these they feel and look superb. they run a little small IMO. My feet are wonderfully snug, but the laces are further apart than i would've liked. i normally like wide laces but it makes the tiny tongue flap look a little silly. i got a set of black laces free from citysole with this purchase, but when i saw that the white laces have beautiful black tips, now i'm thinking twice about changing them.
I would take that bubbled shoe to a NikeTown.... they would exchange it for a stealth if you don't want to keep them. If you sent them to Nike,they would send you whatever colorway is on hand or releasing next... Only problem could be purchasing from a non-authorized reseller?? If some of thesesites are selling b-grades or just source pairs 2nd hand or back-door style, Nike might not offer any support... Every pair I ever returned to Nike with anissue was replaced by the newest shoe in an upcoming or recent release color-way

Thanks Jekih. I got them from citysole, and i live in australia. No niketowns near here. Oh well, i'm still happy with my purchase.

i love the patent leather on the shoe!!!!! were the titaniums patent leather on the toebox and tongue also??? and the stealths are nubuck or suede???

The XX3's shouldn't have all of those minor issues like eltouha's pictures suggest. Yeah, they're not that big of a deal but when you'repayin $185 plus tax for a shoe that was so widely acclaimed and anticipated those types of things shouldn't be happening...especially for a 1st of it'skind enviromentally safe hand-stitched shoe. Just my thoughts~

Originally Posted by ijapino

Guy's don't get the wrong idea....I was not trying to call these people out.

It's just interesting to see how time changes people's opinions on things. Everyone has the right to say what they want and change their minds whenever. But It just goes to show you that this happens EVERY year! Hell, I'm sure we've all done it before. When the XX's first leaked I was clownin all over those, and then I ended up coppin every color that released!

i'm also guilty of this as well
tongue.gif
but, that was when the picsof the xxiii first surfaced in that black & white scan...now with visible pics with colors, i am thinking of passing on the ix/xiv package to cop xxiii allstars
smile.gif

What up fam? 2nd post here... but been an avid reader of this here forum for a minute... Went to the local mall to get the wifey's V-Day gift and strolledinto FNL to see what's new. They had a sample of each XX3 displayed, so i was able to check them both out. I must say the quality on both shoes isdefinitely impressive, with the stitching taking the cake. I had personally been eying the stealths as a personal cop, but all-stars hooked me. Cool thing wasthat i was able to reserve them for Saturday cop. I most def will get the stealths, but you need to get these babies in your hands to truly appreciate thebeauty...

Originally Posted by OGJordan

They run very true to size.

i'm with the guy who posted they run a tad big. i usually wear an 11, but a 10.5 fit me perfectly. i guess if you want to be safe get your regularsize...but i got a half size down because they fit like a glove.

Beautiful!...imma cop these and the stealths..is this the first time Jordans came out back2back weekends?...if not what other's did and colorsplease....just wondering........

these shoes grew on me so fast
the white one is a classic
the blue one is a classic
the black one is a classic

about Reggie Bush and Adidas..MAN I BET EVERYONE WHO WORKS WITH ADIDAS IS WEARING THESE...OR WILL BE WHEN THEY DROP

Any One Order These From Air-Randy (With black laces & Grey Bottoms)
mad.gif
If I did I Would be pissed!!!!! (Heat 23 No intentto offend.......because Air-Randy.com is still the #&!t
roll.gif

In my opinnon Jordan Brand Finally Got Something Right (for a change)
laugh.gif

Sample Pictures
(I Must point out that alot of people were in favor of the sample with the black strings and grey bottoms....butIt almost looks like a variant to me.)

air-jordan-xx3-white-black-red-7.jpg

air-jordan-xx3-white-black-red-2.jpg

Final Product Picture
( I really like how the finished product did away with the black strings and grey bottoms.....Also as someoneelse pointed out in this XX3 post the m's on the side of the shoe are thinner on the final product......Looks more elegant NOW )
311_3_.jpg

PLEASE DONT GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH ITS JUST MY OPINON
laugh.gif
(If u dont agreethats cool..I hope you have one too!!!!!)

Can't wait for sat. Only a couple of days away and I get these in my hands and on my feet.....maybe!

Back
Top Bottom