Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Hey guys, little late to the party here.  I just signed up.  I have 35 different colorways of the XX9.  I'm always looking for more.  A new batch of Ross/Nike outlet pairs have started to pop up in different colors.  Keep your eyes out.

Seen a Georgetown pair on eBay for like $110 a couple weeks back. Had never seen it before.

Getting some achilles soreness with the XX9 lows. Just me or is the heel system and the lack of heel cushion the cause? Wondering if anyone else sharing this

I've been bouncing around different shoes as well and I always find myself going back to the 29s. Thats not to say shoes like the crazy explosive and hyperdunk 2016 are bad, I just find that the 29s fit my play style and foot shape the best. I like minimal uppers and I'm always on my toes so forefoot cushion is important. 

I've tried a few other pairs with unlocked zoom, like the Jordan Rising High low and the Melo M11. The M11 is a little narrower than the 29 like @iks mod
 said, I also think the cushion is a little lower profile. The upper breaks in though, maybe even more than the 29 lows. I think you can feel the forefoot zoom a lot in the RIsing High and it protrudes a bit so it has a tippy feeling. The upper doesn't compare to the 29s however, its kind of roomy, plasticky and stiff.

I just ordered the Melo 12s from Finishline, Saturday, and they should be coming in today or tomorrow. I'll give them a run Sunday. I'm going to see how they compare to the 31s because they also have those achilles pillows and they're A LOT cheaper now. 

I've yet to play in the 31s, except shoot around, but I think I may have the same issue with them as the hyperdunk 2016 —the full length zoom and flat outsole makes the midsole a little less flexible than a decoupled midsole with 1 or 2 zoom bags. I guess this is the function of the flightplate so its possible that it wouldn't be a problem. None of this probably makes a difference for you young guys but I'm old with bad knees. If I land flat footed or on my heels it puts too much stress on my knees and leads to soreness. I miss the days when I could play in anything lol.

Curious to how you think the M12s compare to the XX9's. I've heard they are similar in a lot of ways. I have the M12s and like them a lot. Is the XX9 a big enough upgrade to justify paying $150 or so in your opinion?

I now own the 29, 30, and superfly 4 jacquards. Only missing the m12s but I don't see them feeling much different

I have the M12s and they felt pretty good the one time I played in them but I went back to the 29s :/. From the one run the M12 felt a little stiffer out of the box (compared to the 29s) but everything else felt similar.

I just go with what works at the moment. I dont rotate much lol. I'll give them a proper go next week. I'm starting to slide in my 29s lol.

What's good ya'll. Had a deal with someone for some electric green XX8's, but upon looking at the XX8 thread I realized that the zoom unit popping isn't as small of a problem as I initially expected. Now I'm looking at the XX9 instead. For you XX9 owners, how is the shoe overall and is the zoom bag popping a huge problem on them? I'm looking at the Hyperdunk 2008, 2012, Kobe V as well, because those are some of my favorite performers from the past. I currently play in the OG Nike Hyperrev due to the amazing cushion. I'm 5'10, 160lbs. Throw me some of your personal favorites.

What's good ya'll. Had a deal with someone for some electric green XX8's, but upon looking at the XX8 thread I realized that the zoom unit popping isn't as small of a problem as I initially expected. Now I'm looking at the XX9 instead. For you XX9 owners, how is the shoe overall and is the zoom bag popping a huge problem on them? I'm looking at the Hyperdunk 2008, 2012, Kobe V as well, because those are some of my favorite performers from the past. I currently play in the OG Nike Hyperrev due to the amazing cushion. I'm 5'10, 160lbs. Throw me some of your personal favorites.
og hyperrevs are one of my favorite shoes. The cushion is the best that I've tried while maintaining flexiblity and court feel. For me, I don't think the xx9 is an upgrade but thats because I like my shoes to be low to the ground and flexible. The upper on the xx9 is just as comfortable as the hyperrev's but much thicker. The misole is no where as flexible. The traction is better than the revs. The xx9 is higer off the ground. They're more for an aggressive slasher rather than a low to the ground player. I can see why Kyrie wore the revs and Wrestbrook wore the xx9/30. No popping issures btw. If you want unlocked zoom and don't care for a minimal shoe with maximum flexibility, go with the xx9.

Last edited:
I like minimal and flexible shoes so Kobe 5 8 9 11, cfd1, hyperrev 2014. Wow 4 and wade all city 4. Bloodline. Hyperdunk 13 & 14 were also great. I do think the xx9 is great shoe, just not as flexible as I'd like. It could be a top shoe for someone else

Last edited:
I like minimal and flexible shoes so Kobe 5 8 9 11, cfd1, hyperrev 2014. Wow 4 and wade all city 4. Bloodline. Hyperdunk 13 & 14 were also great. I do think the xx9 is great shoe, just not as flexible as I'd like. It could be a top shoe for someone else
I agree with the lack of flexibility. It's more firm especially misfoot, the entire shoes takes a bit of break in. Think this adds to it's longevity, though. There's definitely a bunch of positives of that firmness for me. For example, the stability. I'm locked in.

Everyone check your local Ross clothing store. XX9 Light Green Spark was $49.99. My store had a bunch of 10.5 and 11s. If anyone can grab me a size 10 please PM me.

What store? Wore them on court yesterday. Still so good. Get a lot of compliments.

How do they fit? I am usually an 11 and the display was a 10.5 so I doubt they have too many left if they are that low in price. I didn't ask though.

I like the look of the Blue ones, but I had the Gamma CP6 or 7 and I had to give them away they just didn't work for me personally. Color was too loud.

Last edited:
Mids I think it's possible to go TTS or .5 down.  My mids broke in and that upper stretched out enough I could have gone .5 down if I wanted.

Lows are TTS only in my opinion.  That upper is much more reinforced, and they're nice and snug at TTS.

There is a noticeable difference in performance if you ask me.  For whatever reason, I prefer the Mids.  The lows aren't bad by any means and they're still one of my favorite on court shoes.  I just feel like the Mids were smoother in transition, especially at the heel strike.  Also keep in mind the translucent outsoles may perform differently.

The only thing that keeps the 29 off my GOAT list is that the cushioning dies out quickly.  I keep track of how many games I play in all of my shoes and my 29's bottomed out at around 65 pick up games while the upper was still immaculate.  Most other shoes bottom out around 85+.

Easily my favorite performance Jordan though.  Just a well-fitting, comfortable, smooth ride with good traction.

Last edited:
Mids I think it's possible to go TTS or .5 down.  My mids broke in and that upper stretched out enough I could have gone .5 down if I wanted.

Lows are TTS only in my opinion.  That upper is much more reinforced, and they're nice and snug at TTS.

There is a noticeable difference in performance if you ask me.  For whatever reason, I prefer the Mids.  The lows aren't bad by any means and they're still one of my favorite on court shoes.  I just feel like the Mids were smoother in transition, especially at the heel strike.  Also keep in mind the translucent outsoles may perform differently.

The only thing that keeps the 29 off my GOAT list is that the cushioning dies out quickly.  I keep track of how many games I play in all of my shoes and my 29's bottomed out at around 65 pick up games while the upper was still immaculate.  Most other shoes bottom out around 85+.

Easily my favorite performance Jordan though.  Just a well-fitting, comfortable, smooth ride with good traction.

Well thanks man. Repped. I would only use for casual wear since I don't play ball. I usually get an 11 in mostly everything Nike/Jordan. I think I'm a true 10.5, but I have the arch of an 11 or whatever. I think my feet are just kinda fat lol. Do you think I could do a 10.5 or would I have issues with my foot being too cramped or would they be too tight??

I tried to do a little research on YouTube about reviews for sizing and stuff and I don't know how much to trust them. I've heard them say go TTS on some shoes and I can't hardly see how they didn't size down a .5 when on other shoes I'm TTS and they sized down. I can't try these on in most stores anymore either.

Last edited:
Well thanks man. Repped. I would only use for casual wear since I don't play ball. I usually get an 11 in mostly everything Nike/Jordan. I think I'm a true 10.5, but I have the arch of an 11 or whatever. I think my feet are just kinda fat lol. Do you think I could do a 10.5 or would I have issues with my foot being too cramped or would they be too tight??

I tried to do a little research on YouTube about reviews for sizing and stuff and I don't know how much to trust them. I've heard them say go TTS on some shoes and I can't hardly see how they didn't size down a .5 when on other shoes I'm TTS and they sized down. I can't try these on in most stores anymore either.
I'm a 10 in Kobe V, VI, VIII, IX and X and I got the XX9 mids and lows in 10.  I only wear them to play in though and the lows are very snug.

I think 10.5 would be too snug, especially in the lows, but everyone has different preferences.

I'm a 10 in Kobe V, VI, VIII, IX and X and I got the XX9 mids and lows in 10.  I only wear them to play in though and the lows are very snug.

I think 10.5 would be too snug, especially in the lows, but everyone has different preferences.

Ok. Thanks. Repped for the response.

Last edited:
Other than the PE version with the mascot logo on the side, does anyone know if G'town wore any other colorways of the XX9?

Back
Top Bottom