Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

"performance" "performance" :lol: Yeah for guys like Russell Westbrook.

Does it really matter for the weekend warrior.

I mean, are we still tryin to be like mike.

If you aren't in the NBA by age 21, the performance ship has sailed. :lol:

Design > performance.

XX9's aint cuttin it

Thank you captain obvious! Your work here is done.......... For now....
Anytime.

Just was curious because the majority of posts I see from you are trashing on every design.  To me "design" encompasses more than just the aesthetics -- simply why I asked 

"performance" "performance"
laugh.gif
Yeah for guys like Russell Westbrook.

Does it really matter for the weekend warrior.

I mean, are we still tryin to be like mike.

If you aren't in the NBA by age 21, the performance ship has sailed.
laugh.gif

Design > performance.

XX9's aint cuttin it
So what are you saying Jordan shouldn't focus on performance for athletes and be more worried about regular joe basketball players like all of us, with the majority of the people just wearing the shoes casually?

Zoom will be in the heel.
Source, evidence? 
 So what are you saying Jordan shouldn't focus on performance for athletes and be more worried about regular joe basketball players like all of us, with the majority of the people just wearing the shoes casually?
Hmmm, lets see who is buying Jordans, the millions of heads around the world or 200-300 athletes...

Source, evidence? 

Hmmm, lets see who is buying Jordans, the millions of heads around the world or 200-300 athletes...
I understand the argument but at the end of the day Jordan's are performance shoes. They have casual shoes available as well but the signature shoe is always gonna focus on performance.  That's how it was with the III's and XI's they were performance focused and the aesthetic grew to become a classic. I'm not comparing these to those two by any means I'm just saying every Jordan signature is gonna be performance first.

Last edited:
This is the first time in a while that the Jordan signature sure went down in price compared to the previous years so I'm actually happy with it 

i think you forgot that it happened before:
200 usd (aj17)
175 usd (aj18)
165 usd (aj20)
180 usd (aj21)
170 usd (aj2011)

@airdhazzal  the term performance is definitely used loosely...  

I agree with you that no shoe is gonna make you better.  But I'm all for something that grips well, fits well, and won't destroy my feet/knees during a few hours of ball.

i think you forgot that it happened before:
200 usd (aj17)
175 usd (aj18)
165 usd (aj20)
180 usd (aj21)
170 usd (aj2011)
Haha ya but the XVII was above others and I don't consider those others actual Jordan's haha but thank you for the refresher.  Would love to see Jordans get back under the 200 range.

But with that said it's still been 4 years since a price decrease

AJ 2010 - 170 USD

AJ 2011 - 170 USD

AJ 2012 - 180 - 223 USD

XX8 - 250 USD

Last edited:
Such a disappointment. It's so bland and  boring. It appears the xx8 was too  shocking for them and they played it safe with this design. I like how when you play in the XX8 people say wtf are those. With these, there's no mistaking what they are.

That big Jumpman is way too ostentatious. It's like going out on the street and screaming I have a really big one

Hell to the ahhhhh......yeah!!!

Most of the market are casual wearers, you know, guys like you and me.

Hell we bought into the brand for years, with our hard earned money. Paid tinkers salary.

Gearing towards us should be priority number one.

Last edited:
Zoom will be in the heel.

.....when i look at that illustration, im scared about the forefoot zoom unit. My xx8 and xx both have damaged soles in the front. Both within 6 months :frown: and i even didnt play in them. And no, im not heavy. Am 160 pounds at 5'9 height. And i wear my kicks carefully.

Last edited:
Hell to the ahhhhh......yeah!!!

Most of the market are casual wearers, you know, guys like you and me.

Hell we bought into the brand for years, with our hard earned money. Paid tinkers salary.

Gearing towards us should be priority number one.
Believe me I understand how you feel and would love to see a better casual wear shoe but I know it won't happen with the sig line, it's always gonna be performance basketball focused as it should be.

Last edited:
If you want a casual shoe then buy a casual shoe. The Jordan sigs are always going to be feature the lastest tech whether it look good casually or not. And rec ballers especially those older than 21 appreciate that, since cushioning technology is all the more important as you age lol.

Believe me I understand how you feel and would love to see a better casual wear shoe but I know it won't happen with the sig line, it's always gonna be performance basketball focused as it should be.

Really though, I'd like to see best of both worlds. My standards are too high coming from that 90's era of basketball shoes where you did see both design and performance.

I've always favored aesthetics, more-so even back when I played HS bball.

Why are there 2 versions?
To show their flexibility in creating different prints in the upper.

What would be insane is if JB allowed these on NIKEID... and allowed people to upload a picture to be woven into the upper.

There are going to be WILD possibilities with this shoe

I can't believe that Keegan Bradley has been wearing a golf shoe version of these since last October. Crazy that nobody knew that was gonna be the upper design of the XX9. It was right under our noses.
well dam. I remember watching this, it was the Presidents cup I think. So for those of us that aren't impressed with these 29's, we just gotta watch for Keegans shoes in a few weeks to see the design of the 30s 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Really though, I'd like to see best of both worlds. My standards are too high coming from that 90's era of basketball shoes where you did see both design and performance.

I've always favored aesthetics, more-so even back when I played HS bball.
Ya unfortunately this era of sneakers is more about the crazier colorways and better technology.  Plus what made some of the Jordan's so great was the leather uppers that gave you solid colorways and designs.  Now we have the flyknit, flight weave, carbon fiber, foamposite stuff that lets the designers go crazy with designs.

Back
Top Bottom