Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

well dam. I remember watching this, it was the Presidents cup I think. So for those of us that aren't impressed with these 29's, we just watch Keegans shoes in a few weeks for the design of the 30s :lol:  

Yep! He debuted them at the President's Cup and has been wearing those and other colorways since.

Last edited:
In all honesty, I am looking forward to coping a pair on the back wall of my local nike outlet when they run a 20% off wall shoes. :rolleyes

Can someone PS a concord colorway with the patent rand on the shoe? the patent being woven of course

these are sick to me, modern technology and a stylish design that is different and awesome and eye catching. i prob will not cop until/if they go on sale but glad to see JB hit a HR in my opinion with this one but those other ones i wouldnt cop for $50

Give me a clean, non-Jumpman pair like the black/orange and I'm all for it. I really like the silhouette.

I can't wait for these. Looks like I'm done with the XX8's now even tho I'll be playing them heavy throught the summer.

Such a disappointment. It's so bland and  boring. It appears the xx8 was too  shocking for them and they played it safe with this design. I like how when you play in the XX8 people say wtf are those. With these, there's no mistaking what they are.

That big Jumpman is way too ostentatious. It's like going out on the street and screaming I have a really big one
I like where they went aesthetically with this shoe. Yes, the 28 was awesome and edgy from a design perspective, but they had to real it back to a more conservative level. You cant just take the 28 and keep getting more and more radical with the design to maintain the shock level. If you did that, the 30, and the 31 would look ridiculous. They had to scale it back. Besides, I like this concept. They can literally make any pattern they want with the upper. Interesting with that elephant print one, making it look like there are separate sections to the upper when in reality it's all one piece. Kinda cool. 

I hate to admit it but to me the kobe 9 elite are the better looking shoe than the aj xx8 and xx9.
Xx9 look ok, but really too plain upper and if they have similar low durability like the xx8, i dont want to spend money on them.
i was so shocked and heart broken that my xx8 had outsole issue after 4 months and zoom air leaking after 7 months.....by wearing them casually.

Lol.............another year, another Jordan design!! And the haters come out to play!! Seriously though, I'm really feelin' these!! I'm sure they will be performance BEASTS on the court and that what matters 1st and foremost!! I might be in the minority for liking the design, but oh well!!! Can't wait to see more colorways!! Definite cop for me!!!

Well said! Jordan's have and always will be a basketball shoe first! These look to be a great basketball shoe.

If they could take that Christmas 28 SE colorway from last year and put that pattern into a 29.

Now that would be a dope shoe. I would pay 225 for something like that.

JB is seriously just a car line now. They find one style and everything else in the line looks just like it. There's no difference between this and the M10 and the 28SE and the Super Fly 2. It's like looking at BMW from the 7 series on down to the 1 series. They're pretty much the dame same except for the price tag and features. No thanks.

They initial shock is wearing off on me slightly. The big jumpman pair isn't as bad as I initially thought, but still not mind blowing or something I must have. The other one is just terrible. Almost as bad as the 2010 with the window.

Arguing that these are performance oriented and therefore the design shouldn't matter reminds me of guys who go out with real ugly chicks and say "but she's got a great personality". Yeah, but personality doesn't do much when you're tapping it.  

Looks>personality

after seeing these pics of the jordan 29's from sneaker news

i want them even less and i didn't want them in the first place

The woven material looks and sounds awesome.  I loved how the XX8s performed aside from the zoom durability, and I'm betting these will perform the same if not better.  I'd definitely like to try out a pair for hoops, but I already have too many pairs of Kobe IX Elites to burn through. 
laugh.gif

Well said! Jordan's have and always will be a basketball shoe first! These look to be a great basketball shoe.

Lol, that's why they hired tinker right? Y'all are funny. Why all of a sudden is looks second to feel? Tinker said it himself that he combines art and science (something like that). These are just another JB "meh" yearly sig. Not till they started looking like crap did people start spewing that "ball shoe first" rap.

I am not understanding the logic of revealing the shoe today but not releasing it till September. 

Will the hype be forgotten by then?

Damn they put a Fathead Jumpman on the shoe :x Flyweave is very nice. The outsole is nice and aggressive, best part of the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom