Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

i was referring to the silver lace hoop in this picture
jordan+xviii%25283%2529.jpg

which is cued straight from the red one here
air-jordan-8-viii-original-og-white-black-true-red-1.jpg

yeah, man. it really put me off eversince i first saw it. :\

Last edited:
yeah that's true. i got the white/red back in '03 (those were tanks, amazing quality).

it was probably intended as an homage, but it was a straight cut n paste and completely out of place. a good homage, for example, is how the 2011 was inspired by the xi. design cues were adapted and not just butchered.

butchering is fine for a frankestein shoe (spizike, dubzero, 6 rings, etc) but not for a main sig release. sigs deserve better than that.

Last edited:
I hated those stupid silver lace hoops. Both broke on my white pair but they were ok on the black pair

I never lace through those. They aren't exactly the same on the 8s and 18s though. As far as I'm concerned the 18 is one of my favorite sigs. If you frown upon taking cues from different models, do you like the 3-7? many of those took cues from the previous model each year. more models in the line do as well

I never lace through those. They aren't exactly the same on the 8s and 18s though. As far as I'm concerned the 18 is one of my favorite sigs. If you frown upon taking cues from different models, do you like the 3-7? many of those took cues from the previous model each year. more models in the line do as well

those cues were all adapted to serve a function. the conversation begun about when they are arbitrary. i've hated on the 18 ever since they dropped, and for that reason it's the only sig i have skipped entirely and intentionally over.

i might reconsider if a laser design drops one day (bit like the patone), even then i'll probably cut off those stupid lace things.

all imo of course, mate.

Lmao hold up. Where the source for this?

Omg....hope these are fakes. If these are real i must say they are by far the worst air jordan by far.
I love my xx8, But these look like some crazy girls boots. Even look bulky.

Last edited:

if that really was the 29 I guarantee you some people on here would still buy them
mean.gif

True however those have to be variant because that is just about the same exact design for brandon jennings under armour shoes from like last season or the season before that i think.

Can't believe that a picture of a horrible fake under armour flop is gathering as many comments as it is... Just a sure sign we could use some real info... :tongue:

Last edited:
It seems like, the real 29 will be released 1.5 year after the initial release of the 28. :frown:

Last edited:
Can't believe that a picture of a horrible fake under armour flop is gathering as many comments as it is... Just a sure sign we could use some real info... :tongue:

Because u never know how extreme jordan brand can go for new air jordans.
What could be a good sign of these being fakes is that the whole shoe design looks way too bulky to be a modern basketball shoe. The ankle part also would make them too stiff. While the xx8 was quite shocking when being revealed, the design shows clearly the light built construction with carbon. These however are just clunky like some girls boots from the 90's techno scene XD

What could be a good sign of these being fakes is that the whole shoe design looks way too bulky to be a modern basketball shoe.
...... Or it's actually an under armour basketball shoe? I'm not sure where you were going with this post but this actually is a "modern" basketball shoe just not a jordan shoe....

...... Or it's actually an under armour basketball shoe? I'm not sure where you were going with this post but this actually is a "modern" basketball shoe just not a jordan shoe....

I mean, for the recent years most basketball shoes are light weight, low profile and slim fit. These monstrosity look like from the early millennium where shoes like the aj 18, 19, 20, kobe 2 released. Or some old grant hill shoes from the mid 1990s which were bulky as well.

I hope the 29 got fkyknit upper and unlocked zoom that would be a decent shoe.
doubt that will happen... would be like Nike dipping into flight plate and putting it on their sig. Even though they are pretty much the same thing, gotta keep a few things exclusive to each namesake.. who know though.. I could certainly be wrong

Dime Slinger
January 21, 2014 at 1:36 am
It’s just a matter of which ones I can get to first, the BHMs or the Breds. February 1st can’t come soon enough.

NW I haven’t heard a peep on the XX9 and Jordan’s bday is a month away. I mentioned his bday because everyone knows the new release is around that time.

Nightwing2303
January 21, 2014 at 1:37 am
XX9′s are pushed back to Oct

Back
Top Bottom