Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Its crazy that its almost February now and still no pics, sketches, samples, or any concrete info on the 29s. I wonder when they are even gonna release? Jordan obviously switching up his Sig Release date? Wonder why

jccZsCqkuPAIm.jpg

they change the release date probably because can't hype 2 shoes at one time (kobe 9 and AJ xx9) nike really put all they have to push kobe 9 product from the very first. those article coming from finishline blog, you guys can read all other things in here
http://blog.finishline.com/2014/01/...oducts-and-trends-to-look-for-in-2014-part-2/

it's quite intriguing if really they shift AJ XX9 production back to Italy again (just like OG AJ 2) release date probably around september

It is confirmed that they will push their signature shoe at the beggining of basketball season now instead of All Star Weekend. They made this decission because "it’s really about lining up with the consumer and their life and actually listening to them. They really did tell us"

LMAO like they really listen to the consumer... SMH

Source:http://sneakernews.com/2014/02/06/select-exclusive-launching-air-jordan-xx9-future-jordan-brand/4/

I'm glad it's back to the beginning of basketball season. Too much hype **** releases during All Star weekend. With as much success as the XX8 has come along, I'm actually geared up about the XX9 releasing in the fall. Haven't felt this way since the last real numbered Jordan in 2008 (XX3).

Last edited:
It is confirmed that they will push their signature shoe at the beggining of basketball season now instead of All Star Weekend. They made this decission because "it’s really about lining up with the consumer and their life and actually listening to them. They really did tell us"

LMAO like they really listen to the consumer... SMH

Source:http://sneakernews.com/2014/02/06/select-exclusive-launching-air-jordan-xx9-future-jordan-brand/4/

They should have mentioned that the sole design of the xx8 has a major flaw of the zoom bags and thin outsole that makes the shoe extremely not durable and lead to many air unit popping and crack of tje outsole.
I will only buy the xx9 if that problem is solved.
Hope the new jordan will be at least as durable as the 2011 and 2012.

Like it matters...  Haven't been relevant in style since XXs and those weren't even that great

Just when I think I'm out... or at least for a bit... they reel you back in.

May have to try and exit these forums and set an alarm for late summer/early fall 
laugh.gif

These will be a mockery of every Jordan from 23...20-1. Its a shame the idiot designers at JB can't make a quality wearable shoe without having to question whether your going to play basketball or model on some vouge runway.

Haha.... Okay....
Doesn't seen like they have been too concerned with that in the flagship model for quite sometime. :lol:

Last edited:
Just can't wait to hear the BS PR Tinker comes out with this year. Homeboy tried to explain why there was a hole on the side of a shoe with a straight face :smh:

If retail is around $200, I really want to give the signature line a shot this year. I haven't bought a non-retro Jordan since the 16's.

I wanted to last year, but the result of the xx8 was so disappointing & expensive, I didn't want to give in.

It's been almost a year and I still haven't seen a pair of xx8's in store or on anyone's feet (minus the SE), how limited were they?

Anyway, I only buy one shoe a year to keep, so I have my fingers crossed for the XX9's.

The most limited XX8s I believe were the launch colors (black/green and green camo) and the bamboos. The rest were also very limited but slightly easier to get.

The concept of the XX8 was great but the execution was very poor. For me it failed on 3 points:

1) Price.

Nike would have shifted a lot more units at $180-200. If I recall correctly, they were supposed to have nike+ at 250 but that was scrapped and nike said "screw it let's leave it at $250".

2) Availability.

Turning a sig basketball shoe into a  hypebeast special every time it releases is idiotic in my opinion. If they want to make one or two hypebeast colors to make some noise around the shoe fine. But on every colorway? That's pushing it

3) Zoom bags popping.

Should never have let this happen. It's beyond me how this can be the most tested Jordan ever and still have reliability issues.

The design and performance were far superior than any other performance shoe. It's just a shame Nike couldn't get their act together with the other aspects.

3) Zoom bags popping.

Should never have let this happen. It's beyond me how this can be the most tested Jordan ever and still have reliability issues.

The design and performance were far superior than any other performance shoe. It's just a shame Nike couldn't get their act together with the other aspects.
THIS. It's the one thing that's been keeping me from pulling the trigger on any one of the colorways. Decided to buy different pairs instead for hooping. But it's sort of strange that there are others who don't seem to have had the zoom bags popping in their XX8s. Lucky? I don't know. I wish there won't be the same issue with the XX9. I wonder if that has anything to do at all with JB's decision to move the release of the XX9 to October or thereabouts. Did they decide to fix a possible issue with the XX9 similar to that of the XX8?

Back
Top Bottom