Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

They probably didn't put air in the heel because then they wouldn't be able to market it as the lightest air Jordan to date. just a guess

Yeah I'm seeing your logic but im not so sure,if the quantities were reversed I'm sure T.O. Would have still sold out..would be nice to see some numbers either way,if equel amounts were produced and so forth.

Nike knows what they're doing. The "loudest" model is what will be limited and used to generate hype amongst hardcore sneaker enthusiasts. The more traditional looking version gets the wider release. I'm not surprised at all that the jumbo jumpman proved to be more popular on nike talk, but that doesn't mean it would be more popular among casual consumers walking into a mall.

They probably didn't put air in the heel because then they wouldn't be able to market it as the lightest air Jordan to date. just a guess

Makes sense. Hopefully it wasn't because they could produce the shoe even cheaper than they already did. Honestly, how expensive is air? I'm around it all day.

Nike knows what they're doing. The "loudest" model is what will be limited and used to generate hype amongst hardcore sneaker enthusiasts. The more traditional looking version gets the wider release. I'm not surprised at all that the jumbo jumpman proved to be more popular on nike talk, but that doesn't mean it would be more popular among casual consumers walking into a mall.
LOL they definetly do,and I follow your logic on limiting shoes to create hype but  would apply that more to the retros rather than the sig shoe,retros have that limited hard to get thing about them soley because of yrs since release and Nike play on that,because they can do another next week ,but short stocking the sig when it's a yearly event hyped to the rafters dont make as much sense,or why not limit both versions if that plan works so well ? IDK, interesting tho.. Just think the TO was more popular G 

Maybe this has been answered, but why are there two different versions of the XX9? Like the Team Orange and the Red ones look completely look different. I must have missed the explanation...

Maybe this has been answered, but why are there two different versions of the XX9? Like the Team Orange and the Red ones look completely look different. I must have missed the explanation...
Wait -- what do you mean by look completely different?

And by the Red ones do you mean the black elephant print pair?  It's the exact same shoe in two different colorways.  This is a woven upper so they can do a lot of things with the different graphics.  Still the same shoe even if it looks different

Last edited:
Any movement on UPS shipped NDC team oranges? 
nerd.gif

*flame suit on*

If you look back through the thread you will see,it's the same shoe with different designs on the upper,apparently any pic can be replicated using a weave tech or summat...setting it up for an ID bonanza possibly, others can probably explain better,it's hard for me to get any message up on this tablet I'm using,a lot of delayed typing..lol

nike and finishline is completely sold out of the TO online.... only certain sizes on FTL, FA, Champs, Eastbay For TOs.... Full size run of gym reds on every website.... clear indicator which one was more popular.... only wish that the jumpman was red and not orange.... o well still love them

nike and finishline is completely sold out of the TO online.... only certain sizes on FTL, FA, Champs, Eastbay For TOs.... Full size run of gym reds on every website.... clear indicator which one was more popular.... only wish that the jumpman was red and not orange.... o well still love them
Nike Europe sold out completely of both now TO were virtually gone by Saturday evning tho 

"clear indicator which one was more popular"

orange was produced in far fewer numbers than red. so it's not clear that orange was more popular. for all we know, red may have sold more pairs.

clearly nike did not intend for both models to be available to the average consumer. they launched two versions on the same day, but made sure one of them was so limited that it would vanish almost immediately, while the other would continue to be available for a while.

orange was produced in far fewer numbers than red. so it's not clear that orange was more popular. for all we know, red may have sold more pairs.

clearly nike did not intend for both models to be available to the average consumer. they launched two versions on the same day, but made sure one of them was so limited that it would vanish almost immediately, while the other would continue to be available for a while.
Where can we get the numbers of how many were produced for each? Been over 2 days and only FNL and NDC sold out of the TOs. I'd say it's most likely because they didn't have as many to sell as the rest (EB, FTL, Champs, etc.)

ya they were definitely more limited.... but they were popular at the same time... I feel even if the numbers were even the TOs would still be a better seller imo

big4man -

nike's production numbers are a closely guarded secret.

however, footlocker's launch map made it very clear that far more stores would be receiving red than would be receiving orange.

eastbay.com, footlocker.com and champssports.com all use the same database. they have a handful of sizes left in orange, but far more sizes available in red.

nike.com ran out of orange almost immediately, while red is still a FSR.

this stuff is intentional. it's not that people wanted orange and didn't want red, it's that orange was purposely a short supply and red was a larger supply.

big4man -

nike's production numbers are a closely guarded secret.

however, footlocker's launch map made it very clear that far more stores would be receiving red than would be receiving orange.

eastbay.com, footlocker.com and champssports.com all use the same database. they have a handful of sizes left in orange, but far more sizes available in red.

nike.com ran out of orange almost immediately, while red is still a FSR.

this stuff is intentional. it's not that people wanted orange and didn't want red, it's that orange was purposely a short supply and red was a larger supply.
I def agree with you, and it seems they wanted TO to be more "limited" which makes sense. I thought TO would have sold out everywhere on RD but am surprised there are still decent amount of sizes available on EB, FTL, etc. 

Back
Top Bottom