Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

nthat.gif
UPS tracking says the PAckage has arrived in Manchester and will be delivered by the end of the day..... a day early 
nerd.gif

OK, so far no quality complains concenrning zoom bag/outsoles on the XX9.
As the Team Orange pair got restocked at Kickz.com I decided to give them a try because I just cannot fall in love with the
toe area of the Gym Reds.

This. Did you feel like the cushioning setup was better than the xx8? The weave is the best upper I've felt on a shoe and with the process they use to make the weave, the designs and color scheme possibilities are endless.

Not sure if the cushioning is better than the XX8's since I haven't really worn them around for an extended period of time but it seems like they will be. Doesn't feel as snug as the XX8.

I agree, the design possibilities are endless for this shoe. I just hope they don't put retro designs on them or big jordan pics on them.

Seems like Jordan Brand learned from their availability mistake with the XX8. Three days after release and still full size runs of both colorways. That's how it should be.

Played in my Team Oranges today. Upper fits great and breaks in almost immediately. Midsole and cushioning start out firm and felt much better after 90 min of playing. Initially I could feel the jumpman at the toes on the sole, which was a little distracting. Went away after about 30 min of run. Forefoot zoom is firm to start and definitely less bouncy and pronounced than the XX8s. Took a little getting used to. Still feels nice but I miss the bounce from the XX8s. Maybe with more break in it will get bouncier. Heel cushion starts out firm but softens up and is actually pretty nice. I'd still rather have zoom, but this heel set up feels very close to zoom. I'm pleasantly surprise and impressed it works as well as it does. Hoping with a couple more runs it breaks in a little more and gets better. Traction was great for me. Heel to toe transition is VERY smooth. Much better than the XX8s, which I find a little slappy at times. The tendril appears to really make a difference. Ventilation is fine on these. That's it for now...

Good looks on the performance review! Mine come in Thursday. Can't wait to hoop in em!

Played in my Team Oranges today. Upper fits great and breaks in almost immediately. Midsole and cushioning start out firm and felt much better after 90 min of playing. Initially I could feel the jumpman at the toes on the sole, which was a little distracting. Went away after about 30 min of run. Forefoot zoom is firm to start and definitely less bouncy and pronounced than the XX8s. Took a little getting used to. Still feels nice but I miss the bounce from the XX8s. Maybe with more break in it will get bouncier. Heel cushion starts out firm but softens up and is actually pretty nice. I'd still rather have zoom, but this heel set up feels very close to zoom. I'm pleasantly surprise and impressed it works as well as it does. Hoping with a couple more runs it breaks in a little more and gets better. Traction was great for me. Heel to toe transition is VERY smooth. Much better than the XX8s, which I find a little slappy at times. The tendril appears to really make a difference. Ventilation is fine on these. That's it for now...

Played in them again today. Upper continues to be very comfortable with good ventilation. Tweaked my ankle a little midway through my run. Didn't have my shoes laced tight enough to lock me in. Will continue to monitor if this is a support issue or a user error. Felt jumpman on the sole at the toes again when I started out only took me 5 minutes to tune it out. Cushioning a little better today. Forefoot zoom is still firm and not as bouncy as I hoping for, but slowly breaking in/softening up. So far it's a good setup but not the game changer experience with the XX8s. I'm happy the heel cushioning softened up a little more. I'm a heavy heel striker at times and I didn't have any abnormal heel pain, which is a good sign. Still hoping the cushioning gets better. Traction was once again great. Heel to toe transition continues to be butter smooth.

Just pulled out a pair of XX8 SE all stars (used this pair since they have translucent soles like the team orange xx9s). The rubber on the sole of the XX8s is noticeably thinner and softer. Forefoot zoom bag is also smaller in size. Can't tell if they made it thinner, but the bag is 10-20% narrower and shorter. It appears JB addressed the popping zoom bags by recessing the bags a little more, making them smaller, and making the sole thicker/tougher. This should be good for durability. The trade off is the forefoot zoom is firmer/less bouncy, which is unfortunate.

Will keep playing in these this week and report back how they perform.

Played in them again today. Upper continues to be very comfortable with good ventilation. Tweaked my ankle a little midway through my run. Didn't have my shoes laced tight enough to lock me in. Will continue to monitor if this is a support issue or a user error. Felt jumpman on the sole at the toes again when I started out only took me 5 minutes to tune it out. Cushioning a little better today. Forefoot zoom is still firm and not as bouncy as I hoping for, but slowly breaking in/softening up. So far it's a good setup but not the game changer experience with the XX8s. I'm happy the heel cushioning softened up a little more. I'm a heavy heel striker at times and I didn't have any abnormal heel pain, which is a good sign. Still hoping the cushioning gets better. Traction was once again great. Heel to toe transition continues to be butter smooth.

Just pulled out a pair of XX8 SE all stars (used this pair since they have translucent soles like the team orange xx9s). The rubber on the sole of the XX8s is noticeably thinner and softer. Forefoot zoom bag is also smaller in size. Can't tell if they made it thinner, but the bag is 10-20% narrower and shorter. It appears JB addressed the popping zoom bags by recessing the bags a little more, making them smaller, and making the sole thicker/tougher. This should be good for durability. The trade off is the forefoot zoom is firmer/less bouncy, which is unfortunate.

Will keep playing in these this week and report back how they perform.

I think the zoom feeling more bouncy is a placebo effect since it's more protruding than the xx9's. The bag is making the forefoot sit higher up, whereas to the xx9's the whole bottom is flushed throughout. Also I feel like the foam is softer in the xx9's almost like cushlon, which makes me happier comfort -wise with them.

Last edited:
just got my team orange's from NDC. first thoughts...very nice quality, comfortable shoe, TTS.  i'd cop another pair if the new colorways are right... one gripe i have is that i wish they would've used a better shoebox for the price.

I think the zoom feeling more bouncy is a placebo effect since it's more protruding than the xx9's. The bag is making the forefoot sit higher up, whereas to the xx9's the whole bottom is flushed throughout. Also I feel like the foam is softer in the xx9's almost like cushlon, which makes me happier comfort -wise with them.

That's an interesting idea. Could very well be the case. Using my uncalibrated thumb push on each zoom unit feels like the zoom is softer and rebounds faster in the XX8s than the XX9s. The sole is definitely thicker on the XX9s, so that could easily be masking the bounce of the zoom in my thumb test.

Walked into house of hoops @ 9 to sign up for the lebron and they had the orange/red. I couldn't get them Saturday because people were suppose to pick up their Shoes.. Well never the less my theory proves right. People flock to the raffles not knowing the shoe is 225,then never come in or have the nerve to say eff it I don't want it.

I wish there was something along the lines of a "platnium" club. Pay to join then have first dibs on releases. But make it were you can trace boxes back to owners. Prevent eBay inflation. Keep the game with the sneaker heads..

That's an interesting idea. Could very well be the case. Using my uncalibrated thumb push on each zoom unit feels like the zoom is softer and rebounds faster in the XX8s than the XX9s. The sole is definitely thicker on the XX9s, so that could easily be masking the bounce of the zoom in my thumb test.

Exactly. I did the same. The XX9 rubber is thicker and more dense on the bottom for whatever reason they decided to change it. Most likely to preserve the zoom units. It doesn't mean the energy return is less by any means.

Walked into house of hoops @ 9 to sign up for the lebron and they had the orange/red. I couldn't get them Saturday because people were suppose to pick up their Shoes.. Well never the less my theory proves right. People flock to the raffles not knowing the shoe is 225,then never come in or have the nerve to say eff it I don't want it.

I wish there was something along the lines of a "platnium" club. Pay to join then have first dibs on releases. But make it were you can trace boxes back to owners. Prevent eBay inflation. Keep the game with the sneaker heads..
I bet if they required a card pre-authorization/hold for raffle entries then if you win you get charged automatically that would stop the following. A. Multiple raffle entries and B. Winners not picking up shoes they won. If you don't win the charge falls off. 

Tried these on the other day, There is no ankle support what so ever! The heel cup is an absolute joke as it is basically non existent. I passed on these, 300$ canadian for a flimsy pair of shoes. I loved the look, don't think they have the support Im looking for.

Exactly. I did the same. The XX9 rubber is thicker and more dense on the bottom for whatever reason they decided to change it. Most likely to preserve the zoom units. It doesn't mean the energy return is less by any means.

the reason for the thicker solebottom is because the ones on the xx8 was so thin that the tear and wear caused the unlocked zoom bags cause the outsole to burst open. On my xx8 both sides have crack where the edge of the zoom units end.
The xx8 sacrificed durability for courtfeel and lightweight.
This time they made the xx9 light enough with the woven upper while the sole construction is more solid and durable.

the reason for the thicker solebottom is because the ones on the xx8 was so thin that the tear and wear caused the unlocked zoom bags cause the outsole to burst open. On my xx8 both sides have crack where the edge of the zoom units end.
The xx8 sacrificed durability for courtfeel and lightweight.
This time they made the xx9 light enough with the woven upper while the sole construction is more solid and durable.

I've been fortunate and still haven't had a xx8 pop on me. The flight plate tech is still placing zoom units unrestricted under the forefoot in the xx9's. I would rather go through less hassle and go with the more reliable route and take the xx9's any day of the week. I'm just waiting for jordan brand to release a low top flight plate tech shoe.

Tried these on the other day, There is no ankle support what so ever! The heel cup is an absolute joke as it is basically non existent. I passed on these, 300$ canadian for a flimsy pair of shoes. I loved the look, don't think they have the support Im looking for.

Back
Top Bottom