Official Air Max 97 Thread

I love the purple bullets. I knew once I got them and compared them to my, heavily worn silver bullets, that I needed a fresh pair of silver bullets. I am definitely trying to get a new pair when they come out next year.
20211011_111214_remastered.jpg

I got the 2017 SB on disco from FootPatrol, I know that wont happen again
My pair is in good shape, but a double dip is in order this time

Last edited:
I love the purple bullets. I knew once I got them and compared them to my, heavily worn silver bullets, that I needed a fresh pair of silver bullets. I am definitely trying to get a new pair when they come out next year.
20211011_111214_remastered.jpg
Awesome pic
Luckily the purples are sitting various places. I hope they make it long enough to be included on some Black Friday sales

I got the 2017 SB on disco from FootPatrol, I know that want happen again
My pair is in good shape, but a double dip is in order this time
I caught the Atlantic’s and the black volts for like $90 apiece off Sole Heaven a few years ago… I miss that site lol

they were literally just sitting on there and the site kept giving out promo codes so I can relate to that FP discount you had

Hopefully the 97s will be more comfortable. Last pair I owned of these was the OG black/neon cw and those things were absolute bricks
No kidding. I had three pairs of the 2017 Silver Bullets (still have one, just sold the other DS pair on the heels of this 2022 news). The first pair, I wore all the time for about nine months. One day while putting them on, I noticed the outsole at the heel on one side of one shoe had peeled away from the air bag. I then realized the air bag was deflated ... but that's the ONLY way I knew. In other words, I didn't even notice it underfoot while walking, or it was BARELY noticeable once I knew it was popped. This modern version of that '97 Max Air bag is almost purely for looks, not support. From what I see, most of the support comes from the pillars inside the bag, not from the "Air." I buy '97s purely for their design, as it's one of my favorite AMs of all time. But comfy they are not. Here's hoping for more of a recraft than just the truer-to-OG upper.

No kidding. I had three pairs of the 2017 Silver Bullets (still have one, just sold the other DS pair on the heels of this 2022 news). The first pair, I wore all the time for about nine months. One day while putting them on, I noticed the outsole at the heel on one side of one shoe had peeled away from the air bag. I then realized the air bag was deflated ... but that's the ONLY way I knew. In other words, I didn't even notice it underfoot while walking, or it was BARELY noticeable once I knew it was popped. This modern version of that '97 Max Air bag is almost purely for looks, not support. From what I see, most of the support comes from the pillars inside the bag, not from the "Air." I buy '97s purely for their design, as it's one of my favorite AMs of all time. But comfy they are not. Here's hoping for more of a recraft than just the truer-to-OG upper.
Dang that’s crazy to hear! Props to you for even being able to wear your pears as long as you’ve been able to. I had on my pair back in 2017 was like nah these ain’t it lol. Ended up returning the kicks back to Footlocker and never looked back

Dang that’s crazy to hear! Props to you for even being able to wear your pears as long as you’ve been able to. I had on my pair back in 2017 was like nah these ain’t it lol. Ended up returning the kicks back to Footlocker and never looked back
Yeah, Silver Bullets are one of my all-time favorite shoes. I've had pretty much all the versions of them over the years. I can wear them; I don't need every shoe to be the most comfortable shoe ever LOL. But that popped pair, I sent back to Nike and they issued me a voucher. That said, the Silver Bullets are really the only '97 I mess with now, just because none of the other colorways does enough for me to tolerate the crappy cushioning. I had two pairs of the black volts from the same past release run. Thought I would love them and I beat up the first pair, but the more I looked at them on my feet, the less they really did for me. Ended up selling my DS pair and have never missed them.

My 2017 SB are holding up just fine. So I’m gonna sit those out. But, I’ve always kicked myself for not grabbing the Atlantic’s back then. So I’m stoked on this news.

I still have a vends pair of 2017’s. Not sure if I’ll cop another pair, but we’ll see.

Last edited:
hoping I can cop a 12.5 in the OG silver bullets. love my 17' pair but just a little tight for my liking.

was able to snag a 12.5 in the purple bullets so might hold on to those just in case i strike out on a 12.5 again. but theyre just not the same

Back
Top Bottom