Official Air Max 97 Thread

Nah, don’t even feel that way. I’ve played that game, too, and usually end up on the losing end. You just never know how a release like this will go. Look at how the 2016/17 release was. I feel like these moved quick for the most part. Where are loads of sizes just sitting?
Hibbett has every size and there's all kinds of boutiques that appear to. My FNL order got canceled today after sitting on processing for 5 days. Kinda assumed it was coming. So I went to look around online and a full size run is in stock at the City Gear at the mall 3 miles from my house lol.

They might be able to be had cheaper. I don't care much for this shoe though. I quickly bought them.

Nah, don’t even feel that way. I’ve played that game, too, and usually end up on the losing end. You just never know how a release like this will go. Look at how the 2016/17 release was. I feel like these moved quick for the most part. Where are loads of sizes just sitting?
Quite a few places

Hibbett has every size and there's all kinds of boutiques that appear to. My FNL order got canceled today after sitting on processing for 5 days. Kinda assumed it was coming. So I went to look around online and a full size run is in stock at the City Gear at the mall 3 miles from my house lol.

They might be able to be had cheaper. I don't care much for this shoe though. I quickly bought them.

Quite a few places

Roger that. I hadn’t been really looking the past few days.
My FNL order says shipped but has been sitting that way for days. Once I hopefully get my pair from Sneaker Politics and my FNL order shakes out, I’ll see if I need to hunt down another pair.

Yo good looking out, fellas. I called UPS and got them to hold it at the store a mile from my house. Hopefully it actually works and I’ve avoided a worse scenario. Supposed to show up tomorrow, so I just hope it updates in their system soon enough to have the driver drop it there. Apparently it’s gonna cost $7.99 for this, too. But better than the package never making it to me 😂

$8 for a peace of mind, I'll take it anyday. Glad it worked out for you.

I hear you about waiting to grab on disco, between my wife and I that's 400, these no tax spots would save me 30-35. Ugh but they're so clean and both straight from snkrs. Below retail on stockx but that piece of mind is priceless

C9D2E86E-A06C-46B4-B1F4-85CCDE30A35F.jpeg
Snkrs pair next to the Puerto Rico’s
Im in love with both

Is that a Jolly Beaver toy?

Wow. Noice!!!!

Irregardless, Nike says my delivery is set for Sabado, guays. Ugh (I'm not in a rush to get them, just want to be cool like y'all, lol).

Well, at least I still have you guys in the interim. Keeheehee.

In preparation like H, the Goldsteins today:

IMG_9697.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg

Wow. Noice!!!!

Irregardless, Nike says my delivery is set for Sabado, guays. Ugh (I'm not in a rush to get them, just want to be cool like y'all, lol).

Well, at least I still have you guys in the interim. Keeheehee.

In preparation like H, the Goldsteins today:

IMG_9697.jpg

IMG_9698.jpg
Its bucee beaver lol. Dope fit bro 🔥

Last edited:
got mine in yesterday. i'd say they feel slightly better than the '17s from a cushioning perspective. the build and shape to me are definitely better. idk if the color is more true to the original but its definitely darker than the '17s. the biggest improvement they made with this retro is for sure the midsole paint. the paint on the '17 retro was so inconsistent and sloppy. might have to donate my '17s and double up on these. fit is pretty similar, definitely go .5 size up.

$8 for a peace of mind, I'll take it anyday. Glad it worked out for you.
Just picked them up from the UPS store, putting an end to my wrong-address saga. Thanks again to you, dragicon dragicon and us3less us3less for nudging me to hit up UPS rather than just sitting back and seeing what would've happened.
My FNL pair finally moved on the tracking just now, too, so it appears I will indeed get both my pairs.
I know others have posted some pics above with the old pair next to these new ones, but I'll do it, anyway. New version seems "bulkier" from the side view even though the heights overall seem about the same. Definitely different proportions/cuts to the uppers, though. You really see it in the toe area, which is higher/bigger. It's also easy to see in all these pics the difference in lace color that someone in here noted the other day. I definitely prefer the old lace color, which is what I recall having on various versions of these over the years. The new laces do have a greenish tint, which is a bit weird but no biggie.
I'm really happy with these. Gonna throw them on a bit later to see how they actually feel :lol:

IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0991.jpg

Finally tried my pair on this morning and cats definitely weren't lying about the about these joints being tight at the toe. Definitely can't rock these with thick socks.

Well, it’s 2017 all over again. The SNKRS order that I hoped wouldn’t go through because I entered the wrong 3 digit code and my Notre order both came in today. Both 9.5. Both too small.

Those Hibbett pairs sure seem to have dried up quick since late last night. Every size was showing as available, and now only a few. Oddly, the Hibbett website shows them all sold out but the Hibbett app lets you add those few sizes to cart.
Yeah Hibbett is my favorite place to order from by far but sometimes the sizes they show are a bit wonky. I've never had an actual issue when I've ordered something though. It was showing me different things yesterday too for a minute but when I eventually refreshed and bought it went right through and they were ready for pickup an hour before they opened.

Back
Top Bottom