OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Wally killin' it... 
laugh.gif

If I can get my cousin to hook it up with his 40% off Nike employee discount.  I'll buy all of them but he's being cold about it.  Guy just got promoted to senior footwear designer too.  
sick.gif

If I can get my cousin to hook it up with his 40% off Nike employee discount.  I'll buy all of them but he's being cold about it.  Guy just got promoted to senior footwear designer too.  
sick.gif
Ha I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy that has an Elite account to see if he can grab me some pairs. Senior Footwear Designer that's no joke what category? 

Ha I'm waiting to hear back from a buddy that has an Elite account to see if he can grab me some pairs. Senior Footwear Designer that's no joke what category? 
Not sure, but his IG is Benslamin    

I haven't gotten to ask him about that much.  I know they get friends and family discount passes though.  I heard it's 40% off NDC.

Not sure, but his IG is Benslamin    

I haven't gotten to ask him about that much.  I know they get friends and family discount passes though.  I heard it's 40% off NDC.
Yep Swoosh is 40%. The Elite account that I was referring to is for athletes signed with Nike. Got a buddy in the league that every once in a while will let me log on and order some stuff up. 

White brown red OGish c/w just arrived. This may have been asked. Are all of the leather grades/materials the same on all six?

If I were to compare white leathers over the years across the various nike air trainers, I would put these right near the top. That's saying something.

My personal order. Funny how they have nearly gotten better over the years. One is not like the others
2015 fragment>2014 med ball atIIIs>2013 auburn sc high og vntg>2011 og c/w set AT scII>2012 at1 chlorophyll

The white leather has a slight appearance to the 2012 chlorophylls. But it ends there. These are just very soft all around. It starts at the toebox. Almost too flimsy feeling, But I want to say its the leather softness. The ankle padding doesnt really have padding, neither does the tongue persay. Really just a soft leather base. Even the grey suedeish type stuff. It has a rugged look and thickness, but ends up being ultra soft and pliable. The grey suedeish type material has the same look as the maxim 1 air trainer chlorophyll mashup, But those from 2009 are a hardier material. I definitely like the softness here all around.

The shoes not without its fault. Glue stains around the midsole/outrigger area make for an overall sloppy appearance. Par for the course with Nike. Price wise, tough to say these are worth more than straight $150 retail. FoR $150, these should be at this quality (or more) and they are. So I am satisfied. I really just want them to fill in the gaps on their $110 GR quality and this higher end product. I feel these could be $125 GRs without any hassle or strings attached.

Forgot to mention. Maybe my favorite part of the shoe is the brown leather near the pinky toe (the element that has the velcro strap). For the first time on a near OG colorway air trainer 1, that leather is actually SOFT. It's near or better than the 2000s for SURE. It puts the 2012 chlorophyll to sham. When all of the little components get added together, this is a mighty fine release. Ya'll can have the one color monstrosities. This is where its at. I may go for a second if hype doesnt build in the next couple weeks

Last edited:
Wally, thanks for the review. rep'd. This cw was the only one of the bunch I liked. Your insight sealed the deal. I will be on the hunt for a pair.

@wallyhopp I started to tell you last night but wanted to wait and see your reaction. The tan Frags make you realize how cheap the suede is on the Corduroy joints :lol: Again, the tan is the best pair I've seen in years. I like the solid pairs as well but if they didn't have the Frag logo they'd be $50 less and eventually on sale.

Definitely my stamp of approval on these (FOR RETAIL).

The white leather softness is puzzling me a bit. It's unlike any air trainer retro that I have seen. It appears as thin as the 2012s, but like I said it ends there. The originals through to the 2000 releases seemed to have a hardier thicker, yet soft white leather toebox. Here, its almost paper thin and soft as a babies bottom. The auburn sc og retro and the sc II qs's also had a thicker, yet premium leather. The only recent one I can compare it a bit to is the recent Medicine Ball ATIIIs. Same sort of initial softness

Johngotty, I didnt realize how cheap the black toe area velcro strap area was on the 2012s until seeing and feeling these. Takes me back to the 2000s for sure.. 15 years in the making.

I feel we're paying $20 for the fragment name, the box, the heavyweight gold looking keyring tags, and the laces. Nike can and has (recent med. balls) come close to this quality for much cheaper. I had to bite the bullet and deal with it. If we're getting crap at $110, and near greatness for $150, this doesn't quite feel like a ripoff paying more. Nike will love hearing me say that.

Wore my obsidians for a short walk today. This was the quickest turn around for a NDC purchase I've made in a whlie. It only took like three days to receive them, not sure why these got shipped so much quicker than all my other orders, not that I'm complaining.

The leather quality on these are pretty good. They're definitely soft and lightyears better than on any AT1 for some time. The wear comfort of the shoe is about the same as all the other recent AT1s though. There might be "AIR" in there somewhere, but you really can't feel it. Also, they'll heat up your feet a little more since it is lined with leather.

I disagree with Wally about the tans being where its at though, the color combo just isn't appealing to me personally. Its like the OG's uglier cousin, an OG wanna be, but just falls short. If and when they drop the actual chlorophylls with this quality I'd for sure scoop those up. I'm good with these for now

Definitely my stamp of approval on these (FOR RETAIL).

The white leather softness is puzzling me a bit. It's unlike any air trainer retro that I have seen. It appears as thin as the 2012s, but like I said it ends there. The originals through to the 2000 releases seemed to have a hardier thicker, yet soft white leather toebox. Here, its almost paper thin and soft as a babies bottom. The auburn sc og retro and the sc II qs's also had a thicker, yet premium leather. The only recent one I can compare it a bit to is the recent Medicine Ball ATIIIs. Same sort of initial softness

Johngotty, I didnt realize how cheap the black toe area velcro strap area was on the 2012s until seeing and feeling these. Takes me back to the 2000s for sure.. 15 years in the making.

I feel we're paying $20 for the fragment name, the box, the heavyweight gold looking keyring tags, and the laces. Nike can and has (recent med. balls) come close to this quality for much cheaper. I had to bite the bullet and deal with it. If we're getting crap at $110, and near greatness for $150, this doesn't quite feel like a ripoff paying more. Nike will love hearing me say that.

Hah I think your posts single-handedly convinced me to purchase the rust red white brown pair. Was going to get the all white and red pair but I might purchase these first.

Last edited:
Glad to have my one pair (all greens), but honestly I'm not blown away by the quality. That article about the Fragment guy (whatever his name is) actually kind of turned me off. Slap a lightning bolt on and call it a day...I guess.

I think I'd have to agree with Wally, and go with the Rust/Sands if I got one more CW. But the best would be an OG Chlorophyll with premo materials.

I'd also really like those Puerto Ricos except...I'm the furthest thing from Puerto Rican
laugh.gif
. I dig the colors, love the frog on the tongue but the flag on the back....can't do it. I don't know why that makes me feel bad. I dunno...can't imagine a lot of Puerto Ricans rocking shoes with Swedish or Norwegian flags
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom