Official AJKO OG Thread (Everything AJKO Related)

True but sellers on say eBay who've sold multiple size runs or the other site, ISS?, that sold a ton are probably getting them from larger accounts unless they're selling fakes.
ebay sellers defintiely get back doored pairs. the ebay seller i got mine from is based in new york too. tons of mom and pop shops to supply inventory
Many NY mom and pop shops don't sell for retail on Jordans anyway. There's at least 3 spots I can walk to that have a lot of recent retros but all are for resell prices.

Paying resell price in person? no thank you. doing it over a computer dulls the blow a bit. doing it in person would just be a slap in the face

Last edited:
As much as I want to have a pair of these, I'll steer clear of them for now. No reason to risk bringing mold near my other shoes.

THIS. Really wanted a pair as well. Even buying a so called "No Mold" pair off ebay would be risking it. All you need is a miniscule amount on the inside where you cant see it and thats it. The risk is too high just for a pair of AJKOs.

"moneyinthetrash : I'll take a moldy 12 for the low low. I got some Lysol at the crib"

Someone replied with this, hahahaha

removed from FTL's release calendar online now. My HOH is supposedly still releasing, I'm sure that will change

Same. Gonna call again on Friday.

As much as I want to have a pair of these, I'll steer clear of them for now. No reason to risk bringing mold near my other shoes.

If my store still releases them, I'm gonna have detergent ready and let them sit in my car garage for a few days.

Damn they said their pairs didn't have any fungus yesterday. I just saw their instagram photos...them joints are alive

Damn, Look like people who grabbed from the Ebay link I posted are the only ones getting pairs!

Oh Well!

People, The HOH's are not gonna release them.... Don't care what city your in!

They haven't told you but as of yesterday - IT'S A WRAP!

Last edited:
Im going to keep a close eye on my pair for next couple of days. in the mean time if i can cop another clean pair for retail I will.

im sure not ALL pairs were affected. there definitely have to be some places, that received flawless pairs, and will still sell. the only way that EVERY pair is mold infected is if they ALL were stored in the exact conditions. i highly doubt that nike only sent over 1 container ship and the whole damn thing is infected. the question is whether they left china infected or got infected here.

I bet this material (Canvas) was laying around at a factory somewhere - and Got WET!

they went n made the shoes thinking the material would be ok

after the shoes are made they ship out to storage  - Mold starts popping up prior to shipping out to stores...

NIKE does Massive Recall

im sure not ALL pairs were affected. there definitely have to be some places, that received flawless pairs, and will still sell. the only way that EVERY pair is mold infected is if they ALL were stored in the exact conditions. i highly doubt that nike only sent over 1 container ship and the whole damn thing is infected. the question is whether they left china infected or got infected here.
im not 100% sure on the incubation period for mold but these have been out of production for 4+ months. if they came from the china side id say theyd look far worse.these got this way sitting in storage somewhere  where the humidity/temp wasnt being regulatied.

I bet this material (Canvas) was laying around at a factory somewhere - and Got WET!

they went n made the shoes thinking the material would be ok

after the shoes are made they ship out to storage  - Mold starts popping up prior to shipping out to stores...

NIKE does Massive Recall

makes sense. the only way mold forms is if the material is wet. so if even one pair got wet and was stored where there is no ventilation, the moisture couldnt evaporate. so really one pair couldve affected them all. spreading like herpes....

Is the US Govt going to look into this? I suspect an investigation will likely occur if people start getting sick...

Now, reason I say it's the material and not where they stored the Shoes prior to making them for the other simple fact is - I Haven't Seen Mold On the Boxes! And Everyone Knows Cardboard would get the mold faster then the canvas being paper-

Nor have I seen boxes that look like they would be Damp or Wet from Storage!

Now, reason I say it's the material and not where they stored the Shoes prior to making them for the other simple fact is - I Haven't Seen Mold On the Boxes! And Everyone Knows Cardboard would get the mold faster then the canvas being paper-

Nor have I seen boxes that look like they would be Damp or Wet from Storage!
thats true, but i also dont know at what point the shoes are even put in the boxes. mold spreads fast right? just i just feel like these would be covered in white by the time they got to us. production on these started in March/April

Wonder how this will affect the other AJKO releases. If those still manage to come out, then I'd guess there's a good chance they will remake these in a year or two. Issues or not, this probably generates a little more hype for the shoe in terms of getting a "clean" pair.

At least it is not Pizza Party season because we would be upset if there was mold on our pizza.

Last edited:
my pair was made 3/10/15 and I have taken them apart. Besides the strong smell my 7.5 is fine. Yay!!!

my pair was made 3/10/15 and I have taken them apart. Besides the strong smell my 7.5 is fine. Yay!!!
"Most experts agree that the most perilous mold is the one that is unseen such as in air conditioning units, duct-work, or with in walls. These molds can swell up rapidly while undetected. In most cases, hidden molds can be discerned not by eye but by the stale odor or the frequent need to clear your throat."

embarassed.gif

"Most experts agree that the most perilous mold is the one that is unseen such as in air conditioning units, duct-work, or with in walls. These molds can swell up rapidly while undetected. In most cases, hidden molds can be discerned not by eye but by the stale odor or the frequent need to clear your throat."

:wow:
I think this is partly your fault as well since you posted the link. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom