OFFICIAL APRIL '15 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the bs? Clearance stores have always been this way. They don't cater to people over the phone.. service is provided to those that can physically come in the store. It's really a pretty standard policy at the clearance level. Much less hassle considering premium shoes (which most outlets won't let you phone order anyways) will sell regardless. So why take the time to fill orders and go through that extra process.. So they can create some illusional business relationship with people that only call by the hundreds when they hear of some bogus info that may not even be accurate.. Most clearance stores (of any company) won't even check their inventories for you at their store so I think Nike is always doing more than they should at the clearance level.. Just saying. Sound business strategy.

^^^ clearance stores didn't used to be that way to be honest. Nike corporate made some significant changes to negatively effect the consumer.

bigj is right a few years ago i used to make orders from clearance outlets and get good stuff

at the very least the store can tell a local state customer whats in the store
now that's total b.s.

I hear what you're saying, but once again it just leads to loopholes. Anyone could call and say they are from anywhere. It's as level of a playing field as its gonna get at the moment. Clearance stores are driven by in store sales and they really won't take a L on not doing phone orders..the most accurate information comes from those that actually show up at the store and get clear answers about the product that's available right that second. I've already read numerous horror stories about holds and things of that nature, and so many things can happen when you work with thousands of products (that are randomly sent in with little to no information on how many of a product is actually being received) and its really not practical to create more work within the company to hold product or make serveral orders over the phone.

Taking a trip to Chicago in a couple of weeks from Ohio. Best places to stop at on the way and in Chicago (going through Indiana) ?
Definitely hit up the South Chicago outlet on Cottage Grove always have good deals and usually some good heat. Its a stand alone store not in a big outlet mall. I'd skip the one in Michigan City on the way its the size of a small apartment and never anything good. Aurora and Rosemont outlets are about 30 mins outside the city can be hit or miss.

The bottom line is, most stores will value the person in the store with cash over the person on the phone that may or may not come in.  Or, they value the money that can be made helping a customer in front of them, rather than not be able to service a customer because they're dealing with a phone order (which, in this case, is $200 max).

Are there people that may "unfairly" lose out on this from time to time?  Sure.  But in the long run, the company gains by focusing on the in-store business.  I would say that if you ever want to try a phone order, try early afternoon on Tuesday or Wednesday, when stores may have more staff than needed and can spare someone to help.  If you try and do a phone order on a weekend, you deserve to be hung up on.

No clue. I just took a pic of the email that was sent to me.

From the email I got (assuming this is the same email about the new Nike Factory Store opening up in DC):

View media item 1479609
I've never been to a grand opening, but I'm guessing it could be the same as other stores with the whole gift card/iPad thing.

Last edited:
The bottom line is, most stores will value the person in the store with cash over the person on the phone that may or may not come in.  Or, they value the money that can be made helping a customer in front of them, rather than not be able to service a customer because they're dealing with a phone order (which, in this case, is $200 max).

Are there people that may "unfairly" lose out on this from time to time?  Sure.  But in the long run, the company gains by focusing on the in-store business.  I would say that if you ever want to try a phone order, try early afternoon on Tuesday or Wednesday, when stores may have more staff than needed and can spare someone to help.  If you try and do a phone order on a weekend, you deserve to be hung up on.

Not gonna make this a debate. Nike used to be significantly more helpful with phone orders as phone orders moved product that had been sitting through various markdowns. Phone orders helped with the bottoms line. That's a fact.
Things went south for the consumer when blog sites put things on blast with the simultaneous shoe hype that we have been experiencing.

Not gonna make this a debate. Nike used to be significantly more helpful with phone orders as phone orders moved product that had been sitting through various markdowns. Phone orders helped with the bottoms line. That's a fact.

Things went south for the consumer when blog sites put things on blast with the simultaneous shoe hype that we have been experiencing.

I was speaking more in general than Nike specifically, but your last line is exactly right.

^ Doubled up on Futures from Vacaville and scooped the KB9 Moonwalkers from Tejon. Both were phone orders. Good lookin out guys keep up the hard work!

Livermore, CA

Everything else on display can be had for a lower price at other outlets, so I didn't bother taking any pics of them

Last edited:
I'm curious about parking at the DC Nike store because the only spot I remember around there is where we use to park for Love.

Tejon Outlets have the Kobe 9 Elite Low Hyper Grape aka Michael Jackson Moonwalker for $159.99... Almost FSR, no size 8.5 when I was there.
Thanks again. Mine arrived today out of the blue. I never received an email like the employee said I would. Double boxed but no padding and the outside box was twice as big as it needed to be. Shoes seemed totally OK though. Shoes are legit. No sign of b grade or anything.  My only concern is I have 2 pending transactions on my credit card from this order. Both are $185.29. Hopefully its just a temparary computer blip and I wont have to dispute it later.

Camarillo
Post Easter sale, no discounts on shoes
40-50% off on Kobe /Lebron apparel
Up to 70% off Jordan apparel

Fsr on nearly everything in the pictures, I knew I should've came in the wknd...

Did not see many boxes of Moonwalkers and laser 4s
plenty of flyknit lunar 2s (white/grey and volt/blue color ways) on the hash wall for 79.99

View media item 1480292View media item 1480293View media item 1480296View media item 1480299View media item 1480301View media item 1480302View media item 1480303View media item 1480304View media item 1480306

Went to Washington PA store today snapped some quick phhotos. not any heat some cheap ball shoes thhough. Black jordan futures with white sole on haash 109$. really good deals on jordan hoodies and sweatshirts copped a few for $10 each. FSR Lebron 11 low sprites still want 129$]

Thanks you just saved me a trip this weekend

Heads up that markdowns should be taking effect today in store.  That means likely no hash/clearance sale this weekend, so you might want to stop in this afternoon before bulk buyers get there.

Heads up that markdowns should be taking effect today in store.  That means likely no hash/clearance sale this weekend, so you might want to stop in this afternoon before bulk buyers get there.
mark downs are usually better than the hash % off?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  But they give the markdowns a chance to sell through before they tack on additional percentages off, most of the time.

Picked these up in my size (8) at Citadel over the weekend for $90+ & and some change.

They were marked down 20% off since they were on hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom