Official Atlanta Hawks vs. Boston Celtics First Round Playoffs, GAME 1 TODAY!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Nah, no problem.

happy.gif

But since you mentioned it, what we're thinking about doing is this: keep the game thread up for a game until the next thread is made for the next thread. Then as soon as that new game thread is made, the old one gets locked. That way we don't have a ton of game threads open at the same time; just one for each series. And also, instead of people having to fish through pages to figure out where the discussion for the new game started, it will be simple: the discussion started on page 1, because a new thread was made for the game.

So one thread for each series per each round? If so then AMEN! No more races to create posts
laugh.gif

EDIT: Wait a minute......I read that wrong... That idea sucks because it still doesnt kill the problem of a bunch of morons racing to make the next game threadeach game....
ohwell.gif

me:
But since you mentioned it, what we're thinking about doing is this: keep the game thread up for a game until the next thread is made for the next thread. Then as soon as that new game thread is made, the old one gets locked. That way we don't have a ton of game threads open at the same time; just one for each series. And also, instead of people having to fish through pages to figure out where the discussion for the new game started, it will be simple: the discussion started on page 1, because a new thread was made for the game.
NobleKane:
Wait a minute......I read that wrong... That idea sucks because it still doesnt kill the problem of a bunch of morons racing to make the next game thread each game....
ohwell.gif

Some people in life just can't be satisfied unless what they want is done. They refuse to see that there are very, VERY few situations in lifewhere there is a 'perfect solution'. For most dilemmas, there are problems with every solution possible, but some people just don't see that; theythink their solution is perfect.

No offense, bro... but you kind of strike me as that kind of person on here sometimes.

The problem with series threads is that popular teams (Lakers, Cavs) grow at a HUGE rate. When I went to bed last night, the 'Game 1: Nuggets @ Lakers'thread was almost 4 pages, and we play SUNDAY. I imagine before the game, the thread will be 12 pages. BEFORE the game. AFTER the game, I imagine the threadwill be at around 30 pages. Multiply that by 4 games (because even if there's a sweep, the series will go at least 4 games), and we're talking aboutGame 3 discussion starting on around page 90 or so of that thread.

That's just cumbersome. And having people race to make a new thread is hardly that big of a problem; I wouldn't even really call it a 'problem'at all.

Just wanted to respond to that.

No offense, bro... but you kind of strike me as that kind of person on here sometimes

Series threads>single game threads. much cleaner for the board. no need to make it a serious subject though.... Afterall it was just one mansopinion...

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

i just want josh smith posterize one of the PGA dudes, preferrably KG
laugh.gif

Yea hell do it.

We got it in 4 games. Time to get the Avy/sig for playoff time.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A few ATL rappers in support for the Hawks

[Young Jeezy] Let's Get It! [/Young Jeezy]
[Lil Jon] OOOOOOOKKKKKK [/Lil Jon]
[T.I.] You know what it is [/T.I.]
[Gucci Mane] Yeeeeeeaaaaa [/Gucci Mane]

to the Celtics:

[Ludacris] Get back [/Ludacris]

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

to the Celtics:

pimp.gif

eyes.gif
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

to the Celtics:

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

I just want to see how the Hawks will perform in the playoffs being a young team.

Atlanta forward Josh Smith has said his team is "going to shock the world" by upsetting the Celtics. Teammate Josh Childress has said he doesn't think "there's any position where you can say we are severely undermanned against them."
Quite a statement.
laugh.gif

woodson_041808_460.jpg

laugh.gif
smh.gif

...and NT, you have to root for the Hawks now...

Looking around the locker room, there seem to be several postseason rituals going on. Josh Smith is growing out his beard, Mario West is sporting the fro-hawk a bit, and in response to Woodson's dome, Josh Childress promised he'd shave his head too - if the Hawks win the title.

Back
Top Bottom