Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Got those jerseys recently⋯⋯⋯

Where'd you get that Miami??

looking for a blank rev 30 Heat jersey, home or away, in a medium if anyone knows where to find one. Im guessing eBay is the best bet.

Guys......

Almost all retail authentic jerseys are 'customized'. Hell even gamers are 'customized'. These jerseys are usually blanks that are outsourced by teams to companies such as EPS, Cosby's, Big Time, and many other privately owned companies to have names and numbers added.

What's important is that the customization is done to spec. Appropriate fonts, appropriate measurements, appropriate twill etc. You could do the customization yourself if you had access to the official style guides and materials and it would be just as 'authentic' as a jersey coming out of an adidas factory.

That said, I do think it's important as a collector to be accurate in getting years right. Putting a player on a jersey from a year that player was not present is a major no-no

Also to add to the above.... I do think everyone should be honest about whether they had their jerseys customized or not... It shouldnt matter to a potential buyer, but as they say honesty is the best policy

^agreed, well said. One thing I'll say though is that if you collect "retail authentic" jerseys (not pro-cut/issued), especially in the 90's/00's, the more popular players were mass-produced and are somewhat identical to each other coming out of the factory. So people who are OCD with their collecting would prefer to have the original jersey with the original intended customization. Yes you can get an EPS-type to put a good custom job on a blank, but there will always be noticable differences, and if I can get the OG jersey with the original OG customization, that's what I'm going to go for. Throwing a custom job on a blank (like the champion Dirk) doesn't have the same value to me as a authentic Dirk with the original Nike customization.

Since today is a different time and getting a true mesh-numbered authentic is dependant on the team store (which may not offer mesh authentics and then you're SOL unless you get procut/issued), customs are more of the norm and not the exception. But during the champion/nike era, authentics with the original customization are identifiable (and to me, therefore preferred).

^agreed, well said. One thing I'll say though is that if you collect "retail authentic" jerseys (not pro-cut/issued), especially in the 90's/00's, the more popular players were mass-produced and are somewhat identical to each other coming out of the factory. So people who are OCD with their collecting would prefer to have the original jersey with the original intended customization. Yes you can get an EPS-type to put a good custom job on a blank, but there will always be noticable differences, and if I can get the OG jersey with the original OG customization, that's what I'm going to go for. Throwing a custom job on a blank (like the champion Dirk) doesn't have the same value to me as a authentic Dirk with the original Nike customization.

Since today is a different time and getting a true mesh-numbered authentic is dependant on the team store (which may not offer mesh authentics and then you're SOL unless you get procut/issued), customs are more of the norm and not the exception. But during the champion/nike era, authentics with the original customization are identifiable (and to me, therefore preferred).

you nailed, except that it was really only during the early champion era that this applies. almost every nike authentic is also a custom.... the exception being some MJ jerseys which were mass produced for obvious reasons maybe a few others.

NT fam... Let's see how knowledgeable you are with some vintage jerseys...

Are these a fake? If not fake... Which jersey are they?

Yes there are pro cuts of actual players with +0 . Forget about that for a second.

Back in the 90's did you honestly ever see a double tagged jersey for sale in a store? I never did. Champion even wasn't making retail authentics for every team yet. Tim Hardaway was traded to the Heat in Feb 1996. The next season was the 50th anniversary gold logo year, so there was only a small window for  non-gold logo tim hardaway jerseys to be produced. Plus Champion never started churning out authentics mid-season of a traded player.

How come Harold Miner jerseys, which to my knowledge is the only retail authentic heat jersey champion made, don't have the double tags?

The only plausible explanation to me is that most of the double-tagged authentics are actually blanks that were customized, probably by the pro-jerseys guy who runs a customization business. http://www.pro-jerseys.com/aboutus.asp. I bought my stockton jersey from this seller and they were definitely selling the double tagged A.I.'s years ago.

^2nd stockton imo was a custom from this dude back in the day

Last edited:

First is fake second is real.
First is real and second is a custom. 
Couldn't the top one be champion tho?
Both are Champions..

First looks a game issued from around '93
Right on the DOT!...its a gamer from 93-94
^2nd stockton imo was a custom from this dude back in the day
You my friend have an eye...the 12 on the back is off and the font is slightly thinner 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom