Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Bron

Hey guys, is there a reasonable explanation why this jersey would have 2000-2001 tagging, but yet it features the unity patch from 2001-2002? Is there any chance the jersey went unused and was somehow carried over into the next season, or has it simply been incorrectly customized with a patch from the following year?

To my knowledge the Canadian version of that patch was tough to get, so this one has me puzzled... (and if I'm not mistaken VC up sized to a 56 in 01-02 when this patch was employed).

Is it a made in USA jersey? If so there is a good chance it was a team issued jersey that was left over from the previous year, and the team may have had the patch added on later. I've never seen that patch btw, I wouldn't mind having that jersey in my collection.

Last edited:
Is it a made in USA jersey? If so there is a good chance it was a team issued jersey that was left over from the previous year, and the team may have had the patch added on later. I've never seen that patch btw, I wouldn't mind having that jersey in my collection.
I believe it's game issued too, rather than retail pro cut. It was sold quickly

Quote:

that carter is for sure game issued,

standard pro cuts  has thinner collar
cool. nice jersey. the patch was probably put on by the team.
I appreciate the input, is it common for teams to reuse jersey's like that from one year to the next?

It's obviously a game issued jersey, everything looks good to me too; I suppose the question is, would it have ever been issued to VC with the patch on it? I find the jersey's with the 9/11 patches sell for a premium but if the patch was added after the fact, I can't say it has quite the same appeal. As nice as it looks, I feel as though a lot of collectors would be turned off by the fact that the tags don't 'match' the patch.

I got my hands on two or three of the loose patches from a contact I had years ago (with a few blank raps jerseys) but other than that, I've never seen them online anywhere.

Been in this thread for a while, although not as long as some of ya'll...but resellers and lurkers are always going to happen. As much as it bothers us, especially those that are really into collecting, wearing, etc. Personally if there is money to be made on a flip (like the navy Bron last year) I'm just going to skip over it. I would rather just grab one for me and let others eat. Cuz I know how it sucks missing out on something that you genuinely want, and then the vultures ruin it. But that's me...I can give up a profit knowing my fellow jersey/sneaker head flourished, hoping that it'll come back to me at some point.

The one thing that really bugs the piss out of me though is the cats that scoop up stuff on the low on eBay then immediately relist it with bogus COA's or just calling it game worn when it's simply team issued. That is the low down dirty stuff to me. Resellers gonna happen, but that bogus stuff is crap.

All that being said I really hope that I can get my hands on an authentic Heat "home strong" or "hwc"...but I think those chances are slim.
jerseyking is a piece of ****

Even the swingman version looks pretty cool. Let's see if they actually wear this on court. 

Last edited:
Quote:

I appreciate the input, is it common for teams to reuse jersey's like that from one year to the next?

It's obviously a game issued jersey, everything looks good to me too; I suppose the question is, would it have ever been issued to VC with the patch on it? I find the jersey's with the 9/11 patches sell for a premium but if the patch was added after the fact, I can't say it has quite the same appeal. As nice as it looks, I feel as though a lot of collectors would be turned off by the fact that the tags don't 'match' the patch.

I got my hands on two or three of the loose patches from a contact I had years ago (with a few blank raps jerseys) but other than that, I've never seen them online anywhere.

It's not all that common to use a jersey tagged from a previous year but it does happen. It's hard to tell if the patch was sewn on by anyone other than the Raptors unless you can get a close up pic and can see the stitching and see how it's done and compare it to gamers. As long as it's done well it doesn't really matter. Some collectors are strict about those things but it still has good value, it's not like you can see the year tag unless you flip the jersey inside out.

If anyone comes across or has the 2014-15 and beyond rev 30 Knicks blank, hit me up. I need a few.

Better get to the back of the line G.

Need an orange blank and the Knicks throwbacks. Been looking everyday for both, I might have to settle for the swingman. I don't have any swingman jerseys in my collection but that Knicks throwback is one of my favorite jerseys.

Better get to the back of the line G.

Need an orange blank and the Knicks throwbacks. Been looking everyday for both, I might have to settle for the swingman. I don't have any swingman jerseys in my collection but that Knicks throwback is one of my favorite jerseys.

Haha. Cool but why can't we all eat. I just need a Porzingis for the collection. But the HWC will be mines in the future. I wish I had a connect in the Garden or something:D

Back
Top Bottom