Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

2 good rules of thumb regarding posting links to auctions is 1 to post listings from completed auctions for LC's and 2 to not post auctions you've won until your item is in hand

If you post a live auction, be aware that someone may and will buy the item you wanted right then and there

If you post auctions you've won, people with zero integrity will message the seller and try to work out a deal for the item before he mails it. I've seen this happen a few times.

Last edited:
2 good rules of thumb regarding posting links to auctions is 1 to post listings from completed auctions for LC's and 2 to not post auctions you've won until your item is in hand

If you post a live auction, be aware that someone may and will buy the item you wanted right then and there

If you post auctions you've won, people with zero integrity will message the seller and try to work out a deal for the item before he mails it. I've seen this happen a few times.

This this and this

A lot of resellers/scum bags lurk on NT

while I've never posted live links, once or twice in the past I've had people go behind my back to buy stuff after I've already paid for it when I use to
Buy on ebay

Figured that, thx. I'll probably just steal the pic and post them next time. I now ish about authentic vs fake jerseys but been wanting to build my collection

This jersey is made in the USA and has no necktag. I assumed it was a game issued, since retail pro cuts are made in El Salvador and have the necktag and a more arched NOB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/33181910815...1&exe=13926&ext=35632&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

What confuses me is that the seller told me he bought it at Staples Center in '97. I'm wondering if mine is also a retail version, given that it looks just like the ebay one.

Does anyone if they were sold in other stores/cities? Did Nike do this for other jerseys too?

----------------------

EDIT:

Another thing mine have white stitching on the inside of the neck trim and the ebay has yellow (contrast stitching).
97/98 jerseys have yellow threads

98/99 have white threads

btw

99/00 to 04 with traditional cut (mavs, spurs, bulls, celtics) have additional white tape

in 97 there was no staples center.

97/98 jerseys have yellow threads

98/99 have white threads

btw

99/00 to 04 with traditional cut (mavs, spurs, bulls, celtics) have additional white tape

in 97 there was no staples center.
All of them (from 97-98) had yellow thread? Mine doesn't, that's why I'm confused.

Do you have some examples of 97-98 with the yellow thread?

Need your opinion. Does creasing on numbers and very minor stains greatly devalue a an authentic 90s jersey's worth?

Depends if those stains can be removed or not but yes it does devalue the jersey a tiny bit

Creasing as well but some people don't care and know the jerseys that are older are prone to it

Need your opinion. Does creasing on numbers and very minor stains greatly devalue a an authentic 90s jersey's worth?
They both devalue the jersey. (I personally would never buy a stained jersey). Creases can be ironed out though.

Stains that have been there since the 90's may be tough to remove.

Usually if someone's seling a stained jersey because they weren't able to remove it :lol:

They both devalue the jersey. (I personally would never buy a stained jersey). Creases can be ironed out though.
Stains that have been there since the 90's may be tough to remove.

Usually if someone's seling a stained jersey because they weren't able to remove it :lol:

Been looking for a Van Exel 44 jersey for a while now and so I decided to go ahead and buy it and see what I could do. Most of his jerseys have gone for $250 and up so I got this at a decent price and the stain is really small

How much did you pay? I would cop that for the right price. I had two NVE authentics and they were pretty wrinkled

All of them (from 97-98) had yellow thread? Mine doesn't, that's why I'm confused.

Do you have some examples of 97-98 with the yellow thread?
most of nike 1997/98 jerseys have thread the same color as jersey

great example are bulls jerseys from 97/98

it's changed in 98/99

color was matched to welt

but saw few exceptions

one of them is my rick fox 97/98 with color threat

right now i'm little confused

maybe it depends on factory where jersey was originally made

How much did you pay? I would cop that for the right price. I had two NVE authentics and they were pretty wrinkled

$159.. too much? How much did you get yours for and what size?

I don't have em anymore, only time I had champion authentics was years ago before majority of these resellers popped up

Majority of all my champion authentics I bought for $50 or less in mint or brand new condition

That's when I use to be on eBay 24/7

I don't have em anymore, only time I had champion authentics was years ago before majority of these resellers popped up

Majority of all my champion authentics I bought for $50 or less in mint or brand new condition

Oh wow $50 is insane, no way deals like that exist today unfortunately. On Ebay 24/7 and all I seem to find are jerseys $120 and above, unless there's a secret or an art to dealing on eBay

I've owned (2) Van Exel jerseys at one time, paid $90 for the first one and $110 for the second one, two years ago. No longer have either of them. Regrets.

Oh wow $50 is insane, no way deals like that exist today unfortunately. On Ebay 24/7 and all I seem to find are jerseys $120 and above, unless there's a secret or an art to dealing on eBay

They don't, pretty much had every jersey/ wanted

Got brand new Mitch Richmond alternate with tags for around 60. Old mint James worthy with the high Jerry for $40. I can go on and on lol

Those were the good old days. Also Isaiah Thomas pistons pro cut for $75 :pimp:

Last edited:

The secret is being patient. For real.

Not really, lots of these jersey resellers gobble up every deal posted rather quickly. You pretty much have to be lucky and see auctions the second they are posted

Not really, lots of these jersey resellers gobble up every deal posted rather quickly. You pretty much have to be lucky and see auctions the second they are posted

I agree 100% and I've been following a bunch of vintage jersey sellers on instagram to get a heads up over these resellers. There has to be an easier way to get access to these jerseys for cheap without spending $1,000 on 4 damn jerseys.

Back
Top Bottom