Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Wiggins' cavs jersey (swingman,replica or authentic) are no longer avaible in nbastore. Source said that is 'cause he's will be trade soon to Minnesota for KL

Has anyone bought this jersey?:D  
Check the Swingman thread a few pages back. Pretty sure someone copped a white one early last week for like 50% off.

I wonder if people in 1984 complained about nba logos being put on the left shoulder.
It's not the end of the world you guys lol.

logo should be on the shoulder, period

doesnt affect me since i wont be buying the new jerseys anyways :lol:

I think this change is less about the jersey collectors, and more about t.v. viewers (easier to see, room for sponsor logos on the front, etc).

That being said, centered back isn't so bad.

If it was off to the side like a North Face jacket, then I'd be pretty pissed lol.

logo should be on the shoulder, period

doesnt affect me since i wont be buying the new jerseys anyways :lol:

This... get your favorite jersey and get out... cause the nba is gonna be like european soccer.. making jerseys more like billboards instead of for collectors.. souldnt surprise me, if the nba came up with a new jersey for every team every season

doubt they will be selling authentics with the Ad patches on em.

they wont be like soccer jerseys where they replace the team name with the company name. all they are doing so far is adding little patches on who ever the team wants to make a deal with and put it on the shoulders.

NBA makes plenty of money where it doesnt have to resort to what the WNBA is doing :lol:

yes i know soccers teams are filthy rich but its been like that forever. i dont see the nba ever going that route unless they struggled somehow which i dont foresee ever happening.

doubt they will be selling authentics with the Ad patches on em.

they wont be like soccer jerseys where they replace the team name with the company name. all they are doing so far is adding little patches on who ever the team wants to make a deal with and put it on the shoulders.

NBA makes plenty of money where it doesnt have to resort to what the WNBA is doing :lol:

yes i know soccers teams are filthy rich but its been like that forever. i dont see the nba ever going that route unless they struggled somehow which i dont foresee ever happening.

I do not understand this company ad/ sponsor idea, correct me if I am wrong, but neither in the NFL, nor in the MLB or NHL do teams carry sponsor logos anywhere on the jersey.

WNBA does not count for me!

I can not understand that and I believe that the franchises are still valuable enough and make enough money every year. Considering the yearly value analysis of the teams should be the case!

As another member said earlier, it would be interesting to know, if people complained about the logo being put on the shoulder/ collar bone in the 80s, but I guess it will be difficult to find out, since the internet did not exist back then!

I do not understand this company ad/ sponsor idea, correct me if I am wrong, but neither in the NFL, nor in the MLB or NHL do teams carry sponsor logos anywhere on the jersey.

WNBA does not count for me!

I can not understand that and I believe that the franchises are still valuable enough and make enough money every year. Considering the yearly value analysis of the teams should be the case!

As another member said earlier, it would be interesting to know, if people complained about the logo being put on the shoulder/ collar bone in the 80s, but I guess it will be difficult to find out, since the internet did not exist back then!

This has to do with the NBA's new TV revenue contract that goes into effect in 2016. ESPN and Turner currently have the TV rights to the league and there is much speculation on the bidding war that some new sports networks and even the current ones will pay to televise the league. It stands to theoretically increase league/team revenues which in turn should increase teams salary caps due to the increase.

The idea of ads has zero to do with not making enough and everything to do with simply making more. Increased TV revenue and possibly ad space on jersey's? Just increases everybody's bottom line, from players to front office.

Apparently ads were supposed to hit NBA backboards a few years ago, and it hasn't happened, but regardless I'm sure the league has a plan...$$$ just make more!

the nba makes money, a lot of it.

they just want more and they will get plenty of it because a company logo on the shoulder of an NBA team and a player like Kevin durant and Lebron james will bring you HEAVY promotion.

im def interested to see what some of these companies will be paying to get a patch on the jersey :nerd: :nerd:

My latest pick-up...

Back
Top Bottom