Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Made the trip. Only had swingman jerseys. Quality is nice on them. Guy said the had Carmelo jerseys and that's the main reason I came here and they didn't have any left. Waste of a trip.

@ladrillero appreciated. repped you too man

also, here are some older ones that I sold off in college about 8 years ago. I regret it big time, even though they were all size 52, I would have traded them to people for other size 44 jerseys

Tracy McGrady - with 9/11 patch and 2002 All Star patch. Got it at NBA store

Michael Jordan - this was a customized jersey at NBA Store. Duded asked me my name I said "Andre Jordan, please put my last name on the jersey" lol Sold it to some dude in France for $450. 

Antonio McDyess

Mike Bibby - loved when Reebok sold the HWC classics authentics, wished Adidas would be smart and do the same

Kevin Garnett

Michael Jordan - with 9/11 patch. Damn I wish I never got rid of these

Dirk Nowitzki

Allen Iverson - with Finals patch...this makes me wanna cry

John Stockton

Patrick Ewing - no look at this story. When I was leaving Buffalo from college to NYC I left this at my off campus house, because at this time I was already over the jersey scene and I only took back my Ewing Sonics because it was a size 44. This was a 48, so I left it in the attic and said Ill come pick it up next time I come to Buffalo, tell me why the next week my scumbag roommate accidentally threw it away in the thrash. Never to be seen or heard from again. 7 years later, this makes me wanna cry

Last edited:
Love the Bibby throwback and McGrady with the stars. As a Knick fan, give me the M&N versions. Fit is much better and never would want a McDyess jersey.

Only jersey that stands out....Ewing starter is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.... that and I am a Knicks fan lol

Stopped after andre jordan and insta repped.

The Thread has taken an old school turn and i like it. My collection is pretty much all champion 48s...(although i have that starter ewing in white). I loved the nike dri fits in HS but at the time i could only afford one authentic a year.

Thats when i knew id be a fan of jerseys when i bought a dirk jersey over a jason kidd jersey because dri fit > champion material.

Last edited:
Love the Bibby throwback and McGrady with the stars. As a Knick fan, give me the M&N versions. Fit is much better and never would want a McDyess jersey.
I will never understand when a person wants a M&N reproduction (from a company that doesnt make jerseys for athletes, but only for money purposes} over the original vintage that was made for the athletes when they actually played the game. But to each his own

@FLATFOOT718  appreciated

The Thread has taken an old school turn and i like it. My collection is pretty much all champion 48s...(although i have that starter ewing in white). I loved the nike dri fits in HS but at the time i could only afford one authentic a year.

Thats when i knew id be a fan of jerseys when i bought a dirk jersey over a jason kidd jersey because dri fit > champion material.
as much as I loved the Champion feels, the Nike dri-fit were so lovely, I had a Vince Carter Raptors dri-fit too and it was absolutely lovely to touch. Repped you back too

[@=https://niketalk.com/members/52521"" class="lightbox-enabled" data-id="1459332" data-type="61" src="http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1459332/width/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 470px">
[/URL]
I agree, that was a good look. It was a throwback that didn't look dated. I remember seeing someone on another forum with the hookup, or something, and had a couple of them in pro-cut/issued form.

As well though -

Love the Bibby throwback and McGrady with the stars. As a Knick fan, give me the M

I will never understand when a person wants a M&N reproduction (from a company that doesnt make jerseys for athletes, but only for money purposes} over the original vintage that was made for the athletes when they actually played the game. But to each his own

@FLATFOOT718
 appreciated

as much as I loved the Champion feels, the Nike dri-fit were so lovely, I had a Vince Carter Raptors dri-fit too and it was absolutely lovely to touch. Repped you back too

Give me M&N because the fit of the Puma and Starter Knicks jerseys don't fit correctly. Can't even wear them. They're so short and wide, it looks foolish on me.

found a #45 pro cut MJ jersey, size 46+3 with autograph for $1300, is it a good deal? the COA was lost.

I havent been here in a long time, im all over the place, i was on a sportscard collecting mood for a while.

I sold my Jordan Pro Cut autographed Champion jersey 1996-97. :frown: Reason why i sold it is that I am waiting for the 1996-97 Black w/Red Pinstripe version to pop up somewhere so i can buy it.

But i bought another MJ autographed jersey! :smile: The ONLY time he ever did inscriptions was for a special line of Hall of Fame memorabilia. Its a Limited Edition /23 and Its on it's way here so when i get it i'll post my own pictures. I think a lot of you know which jersey this is without me needing to say it. 

@ladrillero appreciated. repped you too man

also, here are some older ones that I sold off in college about 8 years ago. I regret it big time, even though they were all size 52, I would have traded them to people for other size 44 jerseys

Tracy McGrady - with 9/11 patch and 2002 All Star patch. Got it at NBA store

Michael Jordan - this was a customized jersey at NBA Store. Duded asked me my name I said "Andre Jordan, please put my last name on the jersey" lol Sold it to some dude in France for $450. 

Antonio McDyess

Mike Bibby - loved when Reebok sold the HWC classics authentics, wished Adidas would be smart and do the same

Kevin Garnett

Michael Jordan - with 9/11 patch. Damn I wish I never got rid of these

Dirk Nowitzki

Allen Iverson - with Finals patch...this makes me wanna cry

John Stockton

Patrick Ewing - no look at this story. When I was leaving Buffalo from college to NYC I left this at my off campus house, because at this time I was already over the jersey scene and I only took back my Ewing Sonics because it was a size 44. This was a 48, so I left it in the attic and said Ill come pick it up next time I come to Buffalo, tell me why the next week my scumbag roommate accidentally threw it away in the thrash. Never to be seen or heard from again. 7 years later, this makes me wanna cry
great stuff!

Hey guys just out of curiosity.....how many jerseys do you think an NBA player goes through each season? You reckon they only use a handful of the same jerseys for the whole season and just keep washing them, or do they get issued brand new jerseys after a few games? I know when it comes to shoes, players typically wear new shoes every 2 or 3 games, so was wondering if jerseys are the same.

I remember watching Spurs @ Bucks last week and the Spurs were all rocking some super crumpled and creased jerseys.....like the equipment manager didn't bother to iron them after he pulled them out of the dryer.

Hey guys just out of curiosity.....how many jerseys do you think an NBA player goes through each season? You reckon they only use a handful of the same jerseys for the whole season and just keep washing them, or do they get issued brand new jerseys after a few games? I know when it comes to shoes, players typically wear new shoes every 2 or 3 games, so was wondering if jerseys are the same.

I remember watching Spurs @ Bucks last week and the Spurs were all rocking some super crumpled and creased jerseys.....like the equipment manager didn't bother to iron them after he pulled them out of the dryer.
I think back in, say the '90s, they probably only had a handful during the course of a season. These days they make money via NBA auctions & probably wear a lot more. You see the jerseys with dates written on them & team COAs stating this jersey was worn on "Dec 3, 2014 vs CHI" or whatever.

I know the same goes for the NFL, they seem to change jerseys every couple of games now. Gamers often used to be repaired multiple times, now they are sold as "unwashed". I have a Packers jersey that I have photomatched to two straight seasons, that's 16 (home) games. It must have a dozen repairs on it.

Last edited:

I think back in, say the '90s, they probably only had a handful during the course of a season. These days they make money via NBA auctions & probably wear a lot more. You see the jerseys with dates written on them & team COAs stating this jersey was worn on "Dec 3, 2014 vs CHI" or whatever.

I know the same goes for the NFL, they seem to change jerseys every couple of games now. Gamers often used to be repaired multiple times, now they are sold as "unwashed". I have a Packers jersey that I have photomatched to two straight seasons, that's 16 (home) games. It must have a dozen repairs on it.
Yeah it'd be pretty absurd if players only have a limited amount of jerseys to last the entire regular and post season, given the way these guys stretch and tug at it during games.

I was just amazed when I saw how badly crumpled the Spurs jerseys were and started wondering how many sets of uniforms they get allocated. Since it was a road game I assumed that the equipment guy packed only 1 or 2 sets of jerseys to be washed and reused for multiple road games.

i think players do only get x amount of jerseys. I remember seeing a video saying players get charged for jerseys that they give away and what not. It was either a vid on the lakers or blazers.

Back
Top Bottom