Official Authentic OTHER Sports Jersey Post Vol. Not NBA

Last edited:
Wow can't believe these guys would do something like that.
frown.gif
I was about to ask if that tim brown one was legit
The jerseys themselves really aren't bad copies. Comparable too, and in some cases, better than M&N.  I would consider wearing one myself if I wasn't fortunate enough to own some of the originals. If you take the Wilson tags back off they are just customs. Nothing wrong with that imo.

Another quick comparison:

fake vs original (that I can't decide who to make, so many choices)

My initial reason for posting though is because I may have been tricked by a tag switch earlier today myself pulling the trigger too soon. After extensive research & a headache (literally) I think the jersey in question may be legit, just not exactly what I thought at first.

However, I'm sad to say I may be done with this hobby. I got my first authentic jersey in '91, truly been "collecting" since '09.. I've had a lot of fun doing it, but I guess since the older stuff is starting to become more valuable the potential money to be made is attracting the scumbags & ruining it for people like me. Regular fakes were bad enough, this **** sucks. Sorry, I just had to vent real quick. I know it may seem corny or whatever, but jersey hunting/buying is/was one of the last "innocent" or simple things that I still enjoyed.
mean.gif

I may just get the unfinished jerseys I have completed & call it quits.

Here are my top choices for the '92 AFC I posted:

Jim Kelly      Thurman Thomas     Ronnie Lott    Derrick Thomas    Steve Tasker     Anthony Munoz    Christian Okoye

Greg Lloyd    Warren Moon     Rod Woodson

Who would you pick?

@sixburgh   I feel you on the rant and just wanted to say dont give up. We all enjoy being wowed by your pickup posts in this thread. the hobby may require a little extra work now with fake vintage jerseys popping up but anything worthwhile doesnt come easy right. At least I think thats how the saying goes. I'm sure this is something you truly love and a few fakes here and there wont run you away. Hope you were just venting.

As for the AFC pro bowl jersey I say Lott or Woodson. Defensive players dont get much love so I would go that route. If it was me probably Lott

I just what to echo rman's feelings that I love checking in on this thread and seeing the great collections on here. Thanks for taking the time to share your collection/pickups sixburgh.

Where there is value, there will be counterfeiters. After spending some time in the sneaker threads, I can't believe how cutthroat collecting sneakers is: resellers gobbling up all the stock and counterfeiters producing fakes that are near-identical to the real thing. Thankfully jerseys aren't anywhere near as bad. But yes it is upsetting to see these fake jerseys, and as they get older, fewer people know what the real ones look like.

Personally i hate reebok/adidas for making it impossible to get "true" nba/nhl authentics. I can rant about that for days. Back in the 90's/00's authentics were readily available, but today they are more of a "special order" type item. My prediction is that I'll get forced out of the hobby when you can't find authentics on ebay 2nd hand, because they were never available first hand.

Fortunately, the future may not be bleak when adidas/reebok's NBA/NHL contracts expire....and majestic does a great job with MLB jersey merchandising. Maybe the sports leagues will crack down harder on fake jerseys in the future, creating more demand for authentics. Maybe we'll have another "jersey renaissance", although that will probably drive prices up haha. We will see.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind words. 

I hadn't seen that the Packers were bringing those back. I have the M&N Favre in that style.

Did you see that the Browns finally got new uniforms? Still no logo, but the unis don't look bad.

I'm all for tradition, but how do you not have a logo in 2015? They have to be doing awful in merchandise sales year after year. 

Last edited:
Anyone here cop Nike nfl elite jerseys?
I have one. I'd have more if I could tell which ones are legit on eBay. The next NFL Shop sale there are 7 or 8 on my want list.

There's very few on eBay and if there is some they are priced close to retail so hard to find deals.

I did manage a year and half ago to get a new without tags home Calvin Johnskn size 40 for $100

@sixburgh I don't know about those new Browns uniforms. I thought the original ones were fine though.

Miami's got a new alternate/throwback.

There's very few on eBay and if there is some they are priced close to retail so hard to find deals.

I did manage a year and half ago to get a new without tags home Calvin Johnskn size 40 for $100
That's actually one of the ones I want. 

So, how about I just found a pre '91 Randall Cunningham BIN listing  for $44 shipped. It was listed as "Randall Cunning Ham" & made me think of crafty lunch meat. lol

@infamoss  Those are dope. A throwback to the undefeated era teams with the super wide orange trim on the TV numbers that makes one solid piece if that makes sense.

Like on this Csonka I will probably pick up next sale:

Might be a good idea. He's on the cover of Madden this year & this may be the height of his popularity. Plus I think Nike only has one more season after this one.

Yea but where. I don't deal with eBay. I know authentics for under retail are hard to come by.

I don't know why I bought it. Love him as a player but Giants jerseys SUCK :x

Nike really needs to rework the Elite. The sleeves and neck drive me crazy. I only have a couple because they were so cheap. Need a blue Cruz and blue an white ODB once his jersey drops in price. Then I'm done with Elites.

Since the start of the NFL season is here, I decided to finally pull the trigger on my favorite Cowboys jersey.  Love the '94 Doublestar.  

But the M&N definitely fits different than my Nike Elites.  I wear a 44 (L) in the Nike, but the M&N L was too small.  Exchanged for an XL that I had to get tailored.

^ I really hope they go all out for the 100th year like they did for the 75th but I doubt it. NFL is no fun, barely even wear throwbacks.

That Aikman is great. I prefer the fit of M&N over Nike Elite.

Back
Top Bottom