Official Baltimore Orioles 2013 Season Thread: (72-63) 9/02/2013 BAL @ CLE Game 1 of 3 Norris (9-10,

Ha, that Wild Bill video.....where is that guy now??? Dude from MNF stole his mojo for sure.

They should find him if he is still alive and bring him out for the postseason.

Ha, that Wild Bill video.....where is that guy now??? Dude from MNF stole his mojo for sure.

They should find him if he is still alive and bring him out for the postseason.

It would've been great but sadly he died at the age of 68 back in '07. He had a lot of health issues...

Yeah at this point Texas is the team to play, but I would have preferred the game was in Baltimore so I could see it live and for the home crowd.

Anywho, on to Arlington and hopefully the season continues.

Curious to see who Buck picks. I like Gonzalez, not sure about two days rest though.

The O's have a pretty good road record too.

I'll be at the National Harbor for the Totem show Friday, luckily it is the 4pm show so I can try to find a restaurant/bar showing the game at night.

Would love to have Miggy on the bump tonight - as he's been our best pitcher over the past month or so. But I don't think Buck can do that on 2 days rest. Well, actually...if Miggy can be efficient and keep his pitch count below 70 and HOPEFULLY work into the 5th...that would be a good spot for the BP to take over.

I think it's Joe Saunders going tonight...he's actually been pretty good over his past 3-4 starts. I'm so nervous

Would love to have Miggy on the bump tonight - as he's been our best pitcher over the past month or so. But I don't think Buck can do that on 2 days rest. Well, actually...if Miggy can be efficient and keep his pitch count below 70 and HOPEFULLY work into the 5th...that would be a good spot for the BP to take over.
I think it's Joe Saunders going tonight...he's actually been pretty good over his past 3-4 starts. I'm so nervous

I like Saunders too, he pitched pretty good his last outing and he doesn't get flustered (for better or worse).

I agree, I think in this uncharted territory of a one game playoff the starting pitcher will have a short short leash and the first sign of trouble will bring out the bullpen and let the matchups begin. You do any/everything to get to the ninth and let Jim Johnson come in there and close the victory.

I hope the O's bats come alive tomorrow night.

8:35 on a Friday night.....I hope the Rangers funk continues for another 48 hours or so.

I don't know about ya'll, but Darvish kinda scares me...Having watched the World Baseball Classic over the years, especially the Japan vs. Korea championship game, Darvish was fire & he's only gotten better...

Last edited:
I wouldn't of have minded facing Darvish during June, but since late July I believe he has an ERA in the low 2s. He has been money his last 8 starts or so. I don't think the nerves/jitters will get to him.

Welp, he can't pitch any better than the Tampa pitching the O's just saw.....maybe that was in preparation for Texas.

No matter what happens, I hope the successful season will act as an imputes for Angelos to spend some dough to get a top notch pitcher. Looooove to get James Shields...I can only dream....

Seriously, can you imagine him on the O's pitching staff?

Last edited:
No matter what happens, I hope the successful season will act as an imputes for Angelos to spend some dough to get a top notch pitcher. Looooove to get James Shields...I can only dream....

Yeah he looked lights out against the O's the other night. A couple quality starters and keeping some of this younger talent together is what's up.

Yeah he looked lights out against the O's the other night. A couple quality starters and keeping some of this younger talent together is what's up.

Getting a couple would be too much to ask for...I'd be happy with just Shields, but I think it's a pipe dream. Hope Dylan Bundy & Kevin Gausman develop....

It was a miracle Angelos decided to pay Adam Jones (still not sure how that happened), so yeah....the chances of him coming up off some dough to sign some talent is not likely.

It was a miracle Angelos decided to pay Adam Jones (still not sure how that happened), so yeah....the chances of him coming up off some dough to sign some talent is not likely.

I wasn't too surprised. He did pony up to sign Markakis & Roberts when they were due so I was confident Jones would get his. Still shake my head thinking about what happened to Roberts...

I want Greinke to be our first aquisition this offseason, although it probablly wont happen.

Still no word on who Buck is throwing out on the mound tomorrow to start :nerd:

O's are the only team to not announce their starter, I would like to think it is a gamesmanship ploy, but we all know that Buck doesn't even know who to start.

I trust his decision making, he has made most of the right moves all year.

^ It's Saunders. Not sure how I feel. He gets rocked by Texas, but risky throwing a rookie out there. Gotta trust Buck, plus I imagine any sign of trouble and the bullpen will be called

Saunders from good ol Springfield, VA.

It will be nice to see a local product get the job done. Saunders can usually give a solid 4-6 innings, but most of his starts are far from smooth sailing, but he finds ways to avoid the big innings and gets out of jams.

I like him better than Chen.

I agree though....if he is struggling with command and control in the 2nd, he has to go.

24 hours.....

Yeesh, a little afraid of Saunders...

ayodude-
I want noooooo parts of Greinke, he had a nervous breakdown in KC where they found him on the practice mound playing with Tonka trucks & would not respond to team officials trying to figure out what he was doing. It's said he wouldn't be a good fit in a city bigger than KC or Milwaukee. There were rumors of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, manic depression, and/or social anxiety disorder. If the O's are going to spend dough on a top flight pitcher, I want no parts of that. Shields is a proven commodity in the AL East & would be a stud #1...

Yeesh, a little afraid of Saunders...
ayodude-
I want noooooo parts of Greinke, he had a nervous breakdown in KC where they found him on the practice mound playing with Tonka trucks & would not respond to team officials trying to figure out what he was doing. It's said he wouldn't be a good fit in a city bigger than KC or Milwaukee. There were rumors of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, manic depression, and/or social anxiety disorder. If the O's are going to spend dough on a top flight pitcher, I want no parts of that. Shields is a proven commodity in the AL East & would be a stud #1...

Wouldn't be a good fit in a big city........so they trade him to Los Angeles!? Business is harsh! I had no idea that's what was going on with him, sounds rough.

Yeah if the O's are going to shell out some loot, a stable/proven commodity is where it is at.

^ You mean the Angels, not the Dodgers. He's a FA at the end of the year so it remains to be seen where he signs. Yea, in the midst of whatever problems he was dealing with in KC, he lived with George Brett for a year to see if he could help mentor him. Things still went south so he left the team for like 60 days or something. Definitely don't want him.

There was talk here on 105.7FM here in Bmore about getting Upton whose a FA because of his speed around the bases. He can hit, but he strikes out to much for my tastes.

Please, please, please I would like a stud #1 pitcher - Shields please...

I have never heard anything like that about Greinke, I wonder how true that really is. Gotta take chances, I think he can be our ace and Baltimore is not a big market team, his only concern that I know about is that he requested not to be moved to a NYY,BOS,LAD size club.

Back
Top Bottom