Official Baltimore Orioles 2013 Season Thread: (72-63) 9/02/2013 BAL @ CLE Game 1 of 3 Norris (9-10,

Yo Jesus. You alright dude. You're to this thread what Ed Werner to the Cowboys or Saul Paolantonio to the Eagles are... :lol:

Coming in with the timely news & observations....

Yo Jesus. You alright dude. You're to this thread what Ed Werner to the Cowboys or Saul Paolantonio to the Eagles are... :lol:
Coming in with the timely news & observations....

:lol:

Ha, that man Sal looks visibly upset when the Eagles struggle. I think I heard his voice crack and saw his eyes tearing up with him reporting on their losing streak.

That September/October playoff fun reignited the flame. Actually looking forward to next season.

You even come in with the human interest stories like ol Laurel boy wearing the Jones jersey on his way to the poker championship. :lol:

For real, that Tamia/Claudette Ortiz reference in the NBA thread was on point too...:lol:. Nice exclamation point to the point you were trying to make.

ESPN's Buster Onley said the O's could be the sleeping giants of winter. Hope that's true, but I don't want to see the repeat of an Albert Belle type acquisition (IE Josh Hamilton, Nick Swisher or some ish like that).

Last edited:
You even come in with the human interest stories like ol Laurel boy wearing the Jones jersey on his way to the poker championship. :lol:
For real, that Tamia/Claudette Ortiz reference in the NBA thread was on point too...:lol:. Nice exclamation point to the point you were trying to make.
ESPN's Buster Onley said the O's could be the sleeping giants of winter. Hope that's true, but I don't want to see the repeat of an Albert Belle type acquisition (IE Josh Hamilton, Nick Swisher or some ish like that).

Ha, yeah man. I figured the few other O's fans would appreciate that or at least noticed it. I saw even T.I. was rocking an Orioles jersey in his new video (I'm sure he has no affiliations to the Orioles, maybe AJ told him to rock it).

Yeah I just saw some new Tamia video on VH1 Soul and that is a bad bad bad woman. Grant Hill is a lucky man. I would have missed 7 years with "ankle problems" too if I was sharing a bed with her. No wonder he has a permanent smile on his face.

I'm cool with the O's not making a big splash this winter. They won with substance and a style of baseball that was organizational. It wasn't one player or pitcher who triggered their run, it truly was a total team effort. Curious to see what happens with Markakis/Mclouth.

Oh sweet baby lord Jesus....O's are rumored to be pursing Josh Hamilton...Nooooooooooo!!! >: :x

http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/07/orioles-target-josh-hamilton-cody-ross/?sct=hp_t2_a13&eref=sihp

The Baltimore Orioles are currently setting their sights on a left fielder during free agency and plan to target Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton, reports FoxSports.com.

Hamilton is on the Orioles’ list of targets for left field, according to a source with knowledge of the organization’s plans. Hamilton has started more games in left field than center over the past three seasons, and the Orioles have an opening there now that Nate McLouth has become a free agent.

Baltimore also has some interest in free-agent outfielder Cody Ross, the source said. Ross would be a cheaper option than Hamilton and had success in the American League East with the Boston Red Sox this year.

In the past three seasons with the Rangers, Hamilton, 31, has averaged a .952 OPS, 33 home runs and 107 RBI. Hamilton’s asking price reportedly is seven years and $175 million. Ross is seeking a three-year deal worth $25 million after hitting .267 with 22 home runs and 81 RBIs in 130 games with the Red Sox last season

^ doubt they do.. Duqette's been pretty conservative since hes been there, and he seems to love those bargain players w/ upside...plus hamilton's age and production, and off the field issues aren't too appealing for the market price he's going to pull... i hope they don't go crazy...you have still have Reimold, who was playing great before he got hurt (recurring theme, i know), and first crack at re signing McLouth, who stepped in admirably. I'd be cool if the Orioles stood pat in free agnecy, and just brought in a power bat, to replace Thome and a few new arms. Maybe try and find a few more diamonds in the rough a la Gonzalez. Reynolds play at 1st base sold me on re signing him...perhaps something more reliable at 2nd base (assumes Roberts will get hurt 2 wks into the season), although I do like Andino, but not sure he's an everyday player

I'm hoping this Hamilton rumor is just some sports writer bored in the off season or needed something to turn in for a deadline...

I can't argue with Bob Melvin getting the AL manager of the year, but I kinda pissed at Billy Ripken...Homey was on the MLB network saying he would've voted for Melvin. That turncoat mfer....I mean Cal goes & says Beltran is a better third baseman that Brooks earlier this fall, that Ripken family are frickin' turncoats...

Anyway, congrats to Melvin. Job well done...

I can't argue with Bob Melvin getting the AL manager of the year, but I kinda pissed at Billy Ripken...Homey was on the MLB network saying he would've voted for Melvin. That turncoat mfer....I mean Cal goes & says Beltran is a better third baseman that Brooks earlier this fall, that Ripken family are frickin' turncoats...
Anyway, congrats to Melvin. Job well done...

:lol: Yeah it was a toss up between Buck and Melvin. Guess Billy Ripken isn't getting a statue anytime soon.

O's resign Nate McLouth to a 1-year deal.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...ore-orioles-re-signs-one-year-worth-2-million

Maybe with that new money.....he can get a new haircut.

No more Marty McFly.

Nice resigning. I'm sure he might've wanted more $, but it's a fair deal team wise.

Something to think about....I know Camden yards is a hitter's park, but wouldn't it be interesting to get RA Dickey for 2-3 seasons? He absolutely befuddled the O's when we played him & it was like we couldn't hit right 2-3 weeks there after...Something I was just pondering earlier today....

God I hope no one in the org is entertaining the idea of Josh Hamilton...

Nice resigning. I'm sure he might've wanted more $, but it's a fair deal team wise.
Something to think about....I know Camden yards is a hitter's park, but wouldn't it be interesting to get RA Dickey for 2-3 seasons? He absolutely befuddled the O's when we played him & it was like we couldn't hit right 2-3 weeks there after...Something I was just pondering earlier today....
God I hope no one in the org is entertaining the idea of Josh Hamilton...

I'd much rather the O's get a solid Ace or a proven commodity.

I've been meaning to watch that documentary on Knuckleballers and I'm not pegging RA Dickey as a gimmick or anything.......but I would hate to see the O's get this guy and see him start getting shelled or "figured out."

If Hamilton hit 4 HRs in one game at Camden Yards......Using Peter Angelos logic, that means he can hit 324 here in one season for the O's! Brilliant!

The problem is there is no proven #1 out there right now. I really didn't think Tampa was going to pick up Jim Shields' option. He would've been ideal & a proven commodity in the AL east. That's why I like the idea of Dickey. Coming over from the NL, he would tear apart the AL. Plus being 38, I think he only has 2-3 years left. Just a random thought since there were rumors the Mets were dangling him in trades...

I guess we'll see if the Jair Jurrgens reclamation project pays off....I thought for sure that Saunders would stay on board. Oh well...DD had success with his dumpster diving, so we'll see who takes Saunders' spot in the rotation.

*I wouldn't discount either Gausman or Bundy. Although they might be called up in the summer.

hopefully Brian Roberts, Nolan Reimold can stay healthy.... at the beginning of last season Nolan Reimold was killing it.  Sad to see Mark Reynolds go also, he hit some monster homers for us last year in Aug.

My co-worker thinks Brian Roberts will comeback to a nice level this year. I hope so, that would be a nice surprise... Opening day is going to be a tough ticket to get this year.

If Brian Matusz can be lights out like he was at the end of last year I think we can be tough again this year. Hopefully Jake Arrieta steps it up too

Found this old Orioles ASG wool fitted.

Sucked to see Saunders and Reynolds go. I hope Brian Roberts can return to form and stay on the field. He had a lot of promise and potential coming out of college. Damn shame.

Jesus!!!

The buzz in the media here in Bmore is that BRob might play well this year. Da O's are looking ok down there in Florida & our boy Jones made a clutch hit over the weekend to move the US past Canada. Lookin' forward to taking the fame to a couple of games at the yard this year...

Back
Top Bottom