OFFICIAL BEATMAKING / PRODUCTION THREAD Vol. New NT

Wassup NT Fam
Hear some great things on here, hopefully I can add to the greatness
Tell me what you guys think.

I make over 10 grand a month off type beats.

serious.

it doesnt have to even be a type beat as in ripping an artist style. just use the artist names for traffic.
bruh i JUST realized who u r. lol i had to dig for it too. small world. im joining the online sales world soon. stacking up beats to drop. then i gotta get after effects. then im gucci

Just dropped a PND remix EP, I'd love to get you guys' feedback on this one.

As always, keep up the great work y'all!

:nthat:

Last edited:
Just purchased Fruity Loops Studio 12 Producers Edition and trying to install on MacBook. What is the safest way to do this.

Just purchased Fruity Loops Studio 12 Producers Edition and trying to install on MacBook. What is the safest way to do this.
sell the macbook. buy a regular higher powered laptop. use the leftover money to buy vsts. take comfort in knowing everything is compatible with ur system now.

There isn't a stable version of FL for OSX yet and it'll be some time before that is 100% ready for consumers. You could run bootcamp and run FL that way but personally that seems like a lot of work. You can do what Tek said above and sell the macbook then use the left over money for some VSTs.

VSTs I think are dope and worth it:

Gladiator

Massive

Omnisphere

Also if you plan to buy a MIDI keyboard look to see if it comes with any plugins cause those could be useful. I bought a cheap one a few months back and got a lite version of a DAW and 2 VSTs which I use often.

Last edited:
Word.

I just downloaded the Windows 10 Startup ISO file off the Microsoft website and bought a product key for $10 off the net. I'll BootCamp Windows 10 right now. Just waiting for the seller to give me the product key.

I made a beat dedicated to my friend who died earlier this year. His birthday passed recently so it was pretty rough. I took everything I felt and turned it into a beat and named it ST4GES (ADAM4NTIUM'S THRENODY).

There are 4 stages to both the beat and to what I felt throughout this whole thing since he passed. Adamantium was his nickname. He was in a frat and that was his line name. So many people close to him in college knew him by that. His line number was also 4. A threnody is a poem, speech, or song of lamentation, especially for the dead. So even though the title is crazy, it means a lot to me, and to a lot of people close to him.

Dude was one of my best friends for over 13 years and he always supported me. I really just want this beat to do him justice.

I dont mean to post a sob story. I hate those. I just wanted to give some background of where I was at and what the title means. I hope yall enjoy

I made a beat dedicated to my friend who died earlier this year. His birthday passed recently so it was pretty rough. I took everything I felt and turned it into a beat and named it ST4GES (ADAM4NTIUM'S THRENODY).

There are 4 stages to both the beat and to what I felt throughout this whole thing since he passed. Adamantium was his nickname. He was in a frat and that was his line name. So many people close to him in college knew him by that. His line number was also 4. A threnody is a poem, speech, or song of lamentation, especially for the dead. So even though the title is crazy, it means a lot to me, and to a lot of people close to him.

Dude was one of my best friends for over 13 years and he always supported me. I really just want this beat to do him justice.
I dont mean to post a sob story. I hate those. I just wanted to give some background of where I was at and what the title means. I hope yall enjoy

thats that pyro fam

I know im gonna get heat for this question but how hard is it to produce beats?  What if you use Fruity Loops? Dont a lot of the big time producers use fruity loops?

Dont know a single thing about making beats but Ive been learning computer science and so far Ive been thinking about why I ever started doing it lmao. If you were to practice producing beats 8 hours a day for about a year dont you think youd be able to make some fire beats that would get recognized? I saw this video with metro boomin and he was using fruity loops. Is that the only software they use or do they mix and match clips from different softwares? 

How long did it take yall the get the hang of fruity loops/ other beat software, and which ones the best? 

Also, how would you get your name out to rappers? Thanks

Seriously though about my question? Also been watching a few videos of people making beats, and they all have a keyboard. Is that something all you guys use/ are supposed to have in addition to the FL Studio?

I've wanted to make my beats since I was a child and even dabbled in fruity loops back in the 9th grade. I'm finally getting around to learning it and I'm finding that i need a keyboard. Trying to use strictly software an on screen keyboards isn't for me.

Seriously though about my question? Also been watching a few videos of people making beats, and they all have a keyboard. Is that something all you guys use/ are supposed to have in addition to the FL Studio?
there are no rules to what u use for ur setup. a lot of people dont like keyboards. me? i play chords alot, i need it.

Word. How long did it take you to learn the ins and outs of FL Studio? I downloaded the demo earlier but it made no sense to me lol.

You mix everything in FL?

Last edited:
Logic user here but this question could apply to anyone really.

I never really watched tutorials or anything.

I'm I the only one who doesn't use drum pattern loops or start off with drums? I also keep my quantize off.

I hear it's weird not to start off with drums? And as far as the using loops. I'm sure I use normal drum patterns most the time I just prefer to play them in. Sometimes I do have to draw if I want a weird stack of drums etc but you get the point.

Just wanted to know if I'm alone :lol:

Logic user here but this question could apply to anyone really.

I never really watched tutorials or anything.

I'm I the only one who doesn't use drum pattern loops or start off with drums? I also keep my quantize off.

I hear it's weird not to start off with drums? And as far as the using loops. I'm sure I use normal drum patterns most the time I just prefer to play them in. Sometimes I do have to draw if I want a weird stack of drums etc but you get the point.

Just wanted to know if I'm alone
laugh.gif
 All based on preference, and what works well in the creative process for you. I find nothing weird when it comes to producing. I always start with melody first. Drums/percussion later. May switch it up soon though.

You mix everything in FL?
i guess u could say that. i barely mix. i use parametric eq on everything and im good at leveling. i saturate my 808s sometimes. thats the extent of my mixing. and the beat u quoted is missing most of what i just listed.

i guess u could say that. i barely mix. i use parametric eq on everything and im good at leveling. i saturate my 808s sometimes. thats the extent of my mixing. and the beat u quoted is missing most of what i just listed.

Yea, that's what really caught my ear. And that's what I feel like my beats lack. I have a problem with my beats sounding full, which could also be a sound selection problem on my part. But, sounded like your snares/kicks and instruments sounded even. Any tips on how to achieve that?

Yea, that's what really caught my ear. And that's what I feel like my beats lack. I have a problem with my beats sounding full, which could also be a sound selection problem on my part. But, sounded like your snares/kicks and instruments sounded even. Any tips on how to achieve that?
"mix" at low levels. and in this case i threw a limiter on the master track after i was done with it then lowered the ceiling just enough to make sure nothing is clipping. but mixing at a low level is important. when you turn your music down and listen... you'll be able to tell what is too loud or not. at a low volume, u might not be able to hear anything else but the snare is still clearly audible. thatd mean ur snare is too loud. u wanna make it so ur mix sounds good when the volume is turned down. so that way, when its cranked it still sounds good.

"mix" at low levels. and in this case i threw a limiter on the master track after i was done with it then lowered the ceiling just enough to make sure nothing is clipping. but mixing at a low level is important. when you turn your music down and listen... you'll be able to tell what is too loud or not. at a low volume, u might not be able to hear anything else but the snare is still clearly audible. thatd mean ur snare is too loud. u wanna make it so ur mix sounds good when the volume is turned down. so that way, when its cranked it still sounds good.
 Got you, preciate that.  

Down for trading any kits/sounds?

That kick, and that snare snaps bro.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm looking for a Nexus2 VST file any of y'all can provide. Or any other free VST plug ins worth getting. Thanks.

FL user here.

Back
Top Bottom