OFFICIAL BEATMAKING / PRODUCTION THREAD Vol. New NT

^ Hey bro how long did it take you get the hang of FL Studio. Havent bought it yet but I downloaded the demo and nothing really made sense lol

Hi, I'm looking for a Nexus2 VST file any of y'all can provide. Or any other free VST plug ins worth getting. Thanks.

FL user here.

^ Hey bro how long did it take you get the hang of FL Studio. Havent bought it yet but I downloaded the demo and nothing really made sense lol

I've been on it a month now. I'm just as green as you. Everytime i go on i learn something new. You got to be on it constantly, you'll get it brah. Stick with it.

No clue how I did it before but if someone can let me know how to do it so all you have to do is click play. Much appreciated.

Some of yall seem like you know exactly what youre doing. How do you promote music/ get it and sell it to artists that are popular?

I know artists can just get recognized by dropping a mixtape/ songs online but I doubt people really check for instrumentals like that online. 

Last edited:
There isn't a stable version of FL for OSX yet and it'll be some time before that is 100% ready for consumers. You could run bootcamp and run FL that way but personally that seems like a lot of work. You can do what Tek said above and sell the macbook then use the left over money for some VSTs.

VSTs I think are dope and worth it:
Gladiator
Massive
Omnisphere

Also if you plan to buy a MIDI keyboard look to see if it comes with any plugins cause those could be useful. I bought a cheap one a few months back and got a lite version of a DAW and 2 VSTs which I use often.

i have the beta version for FL and i haven't had any issues. ever since i switched to mac i haven't looked back. windows sucks lol

Some of yall seem like you know exactly what youre doing. How do you promote music/ get it and sell it to artists that are popular?

I know artists can just get recognized by dropping a mixtape/ songs online but I doubt people really check for instrumentals like that online. 

Don't get ahead of yourself

It'd be best to figure out how to use your DAW and stuff before you start worrying about getting a fan base

Kit was okay. Nothing really stood out to me that I thought could be useful personally. Think there was one kick in there I really liked.

Cool he dropped it though

Lmao of course. just curious about the process

I would probly try working with artist in your area..depending on where you are..then word of mouth can spread

Kit was okay. Nothing really stood out to me that I thought could be useful personally. Think there was one kick in there I really liked.

Cool he dropped it though

there is a lesson to be learned in this.

Could be the fact that it's his sounds when I can just make my own sounds anyway.

I just saw no potential in creating anything new with what was there or it really adding to what I already got :lol: personally!

Wasn't Tryna shame it or say he should've layed out the programming

Just my opinion

My comp got hella slow when I downloaded the demo. Smh. 

8 gb ram 

i5 processor 

what are yall using?

Yo so, i don't get how to lay down notes or drums that i've played on a VST or plug-in, to the actually patterns and track. I can only lay the kick,snare,hat and clap down how i want to..

^ Try right clicking on the channel and clicking on "Piano Roll".

It'll bring up what's basically a music map you can use to program patterns to your liking mapped across all 88 keys.

Could be the fact that it's his sounds when I can just make my own sounds anyway.

I just saw no potential in creating anything new with what was there or it really adding to what I already got
laugh.gif
personally!

Wasn't Tryna shame it or say he should've layed out the programming

Just my opinion
its no slight to you. im telling others, theres a lesson to be learned. explicitly, his kit has nothing special in it. the sounds arent what makes his beats crazy. he doesnt have some secret sauce. 
XP
Intel core 2
2gb ram

reason 3
ur wilin

Yo so, i don't get how to lay down notes or drums that i've played on a VST or plug-in, to the actually patterns and track. I can only lay the kick,snare,hat and clap down how i want to..

^ Try right clicking on the channel and clicking on "Piano Roll".

It'll bring up what's basically a music map you can use to program patterns to your liking mapped across all 88 keys.

thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom