OFFICIAL BEATMAKING / PRODUCTION THREAD Vol. New NT

any of yall actually produce complete songs? like work with artists

I'll work with whoever as long as they're not complete garbage. I'm just trying to get out there/hone my skills. I'm not great right now but in a couple years I feel like i'll be a problem.

Last edited:
I think Time was asking if any of you have been involved in the production process past just making the track.

Project I worked on with TIME entitled "Loud Ataraxia"

Stream (soundcloud): HERE

Download: HERE

Videos:

Told Em' (Produced, filmed, and edited by me)

Same Ol' (Bonus track)

I'll work with whoever as long as they're not complete garbage. I'm just trying to get out there/hone my skills. I'm not great right now but in a couple years I feel like i'll be a problem.

dope ****... we should get some work in... you can check out some of my work in the post above this one...

yeah, a few of us on here have. I've produced/co-produced for NT's favorite rapper Cam'ron...Vado, Hell Rell, etc. Mostly new york artists because that's what I like myself

thats dope fam... u got some nice tracks

I think Time was asking if any of you have been involved in the production process past just making the track.

this too... like input during the actual recording and mixing of the songs

Hey Whatsup guys don't post on here much, My boy and I have a group by the name of Ivy-League Zombie. Here is some of our stuff.

/

Africangold.bandcamp.com  (My Bandcamp)
localroku.bandcamp.com  (My boy's bandcamp)  

Gonna switch it up a bit - pictures for studio inspiration. This spot belongs to electronic producer Shigeto, based in Detroit. Photos courtesy of www.xlr8r.com.

Last edited:
Not the biggest underground fan, but this is awesome. El-P makes a beat out of three LPs he picked up at a record store while blindfolded. Good in-studio footage.

Just copped this for $2.99 - a good sampler of all of the drum sounds and samples you'll find on www.hiphopsamples.com; I had a few bucks left on a birthday gift card so I pulled the trigger.

A good intro to what they have available if you've never purchased from them in the past (this was actually my first time as well). There's some so-so sounds on here but there are a few gems as well. For three bucks? I'm not complaining...

http://hiphopdrumsamples.com/products/the-drum-broker-site-sampler-digital-download

Whatslosinlike - That beat you posted on page 5 is tough bro. I actually made a beat using the same sample but its no where next to yours lol.

Time x Mez - Yall always put out dope collabs. The same ol joint is fire :pimp:

Africangold - glad you shared your work on here. I downloaded the tape off bandcamp and it will be added to the playlist. Like what im hearing. 8)

J A M E S - Studio pics got me in awe. The vibe that room puts out def got me motivated to work. And +1 for sharing that $3 drum kit. I was already aware of the site but wasnt aware of that sample kit. I will be copping it asap.

J A M E S - Studio pics got me in awe. The vibe that room puts out def got me motivated to work. And +1 for sharing that $3 drum kit. I was already aware of the site but wasnt aware of that sample kit. I will be copping it asap.

Yeah, that space was CRAZY - I'll be posting more as I find them. As for the sample pack, you're welcome, fam.

^ Link is dead for me. Did it work for anyone else?

Also, two things:

1. Does anyone use mastering software for their productions/songs? If so, which platform are you working with and what made you choose it? I read an article on mastering recently and I'm thinking about buying something in the near future - I want to max out my setup's fidelity. Over the next year thinking about copping that, and upgrading my signal chain.

2. I'm not sure if anyone reads the UK magazine Music Tech, but every issue they include a DVD of samples, demo VSTs and other stuff - I was tempted to tear the DVD out of the magazine at Barnes & Noble (wasn't trying to drop $15), but instead did a quick Google search and found out that they make all of the DVD content available for download. Given that a lot of people here are making hip-hop beats, I don't know how much of this is genre-specific to us, but I'm from the school of thought that you can create heat out of any type of source material.

http://www.musictech.net/tag/dvd-contents/

Enjoy.

Kill, thanks a lot man...lol...

I rap and produce; my last project was the EP "Good/Grief", which I released in conjunction with djbooth.net.

The complete project is here: http://jameswatts.bandcamp.com/album/good-grief

And I also released the instrumentals: http://jameswatts.bandcamp.com/album/good-grief-instrumentals

Right now I'm doing all my sequencing and drum programming in Sony Acid Pro; I use a combination of samples, free VSTis and Native Instruments Komplete instruments. Running everything through a M-Audio Firewire Solo and an old pair of KRK Rokit 5s.

Edit: Here's some older material too, in video form.

Last edited:
In regards to signal chain, I'm starting to feel like sonically, the quality of the finished product doesn't match up with the quality of some of my ideas. I think better sound libraries, higher quality plugins and a high resolution front end will help me improve things.

Bonobo showing us how he made his song Kiara, pretty insightful IMO.

I had part 1 but youtube acting like ******s and keep deleting it. :smh:

Any artist that wanna do work PM or txt me your # for beats. I'm new to the production side but from what I been putting out people been feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom