Official Bitcoin Thread

Signed up for Coinbase.  Even with uploading my Driver's License for verification, weekly CC limit still only $150

U need to wire in if u want to play with a decent amount of money fast
What is weird is that when I uploaded my ID the first time... it briefly changed my limit to $500.   But then when I went to buy, it was only showing the $150 again. 

Uploading ID again right now, to see if it changes. 

I remember when I added my ID it didn't even increase my limit, it did for my brother.

It does thought increase your limit the more you buy. I mean I've bought a lot and still my CC limit is $500. said in 29 days they will let me increase it again. legit makes no sense, I should have atleast $1000 weekly limit for CC

Also.....we are now at over 100 BILLION market cap!!!!  
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anyone here think its going to stop?!  If not, then I suggest you get on as quickly as possible!!

Mark Cuban's twitter last few hour has been all about bitcoin!!

Last edited:
FAP WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ???? SHOULD I BUY MORE NOW AT THE CURRENT PRICE!?!?!?
sick.gif
it means that the Nerds, Geeks, Scientist, Mathematicians, Engineers, Cryptographers, and Futurists were right.  Its pretty damn great to have these kind of people flourish isn't it?! Rather than the douchebag wallstreet heads?  They will be last to adopt crypto.  So you are either getting on, or joining them on the last leg 

DON'T BE LIKE THIS GUY..........

Last edited:
How far did you guys go to create anonymity in your accounts?   Some sources suggest you should setup new email, new twitter, new reddit, new everything accounts so that nothing can be tied back to your actual identity.   They also suggest using a PC that you've never identified yourself on, that was never owned by anyone else before you, etc.  

Did you all go that far?

Yeah i purchased a new laptop for cryptos only. I dont search the internet, download music or do anything not related to ctyptos. Its the only laptop i trade on as well.

I used new emails too.

When i start mining im gonna get a new pc strictly for that.

Yeah i purchased a new laptop for cryptos only. I dont search the internet, download music or do anything not related to ctyptos. Its the only laptop i trade on as well.

I used new emails too.

great job. you're already ahead of the game.

I used new emails too.

What I don't get though... is where the anonymity ends. 

I signed up for Coinbase... but it requires your name, phone number, and uploading of a Driver's License / ID (if you want to verify identity).... so you aren't really anonymous anymore.  You also have to link it to your bank account or credit card to add the funds. 

I think its basically the computer has only been used to trade. no open connections to anywhere else on the net for people to track or somehow find a way to get your IP or any info leading back to your machine.

basically not setting any foot prints anywhere else other than the trade platform for someone to trace back and see what you're doing and potentially find a way to get into your account and access/steal your money

am I right?

I used new emails too.

Personally I don't think mining is profitable unless you are doing it on a large scale

What I don't get though... is where the anonymity ends. 

I signed up for Coinbase... but it requires your name, phone number, and uploading of a Driver's License / ID (if you want to verify identity).... so you aren't really anonymous anymore.  You also have to link it to your bank account or credit card to add the funds. 

Why do you care so much about anonymity?

Haha actually I'm not sure.   I was reading about crypto on another site I frequent, and someone provided this link:   https://www.ethadvisor.com/beginners-guide-to-ether-ethereum-investing

That author is very adamant about remaining anonymous and outlines multiples steps on how to keep yourself safe. 

Also came across this reddit thread, where a guy lost $10k because he wasn't "safe" enough.  

Reading the responses that followed, and it seems like quite a few of these posters go through extreme steps to keep their info safe. 

Perhaps for tax reasons? @jkallday - i remember ur comments previously on this thread...u arent concerned at all regarding irs?

don't think its tax related from the way he's talking, government can track what they want. He's gonna need to cash out regardless :lol:

more so, someone won't hack his **** and steal his money in the blink of an eye which makes sense but he also might not even be referring to what I'm saying

Haha actually I'm not sure.   I was reading about crypto on another site I frequent, and someone provided this link:   https://www.ethadvisor.com/beginners-guide-to-ether-ethereum-investing

That author is very adamant about remaining anonymous and outlines multiples steps on how to keep yourself safe. 

Also came across this reddit thread, where a guy lost $10k because he wasn't "safe" enough.  

Reading the responses that followed, and it seems like quite a few of these posters go through extreme steps to keep their info safe. 

I've seen a lot of users on Reddit make threads like "I have x,xxx amount of ETH, should I sell or hodl?" or "I got in early at $13 so I'm a millionaire now!" and then when you look at their post history you can find stuff like their profession and where they live. Basically just paints a target on their back. Just don't do those things and you should be fine. Have strong passwords and use 2FA and eventually get a wallet if you want extra security.

Last edited:

I've seen a lot of users on Reddit make threads like "I have x,xxx ETH, should I sell or hodl?" or "I got in early at $13 so I'm a millionaire now!" and then when you look at their post history you can find stuff like their profession and where they live. Basically just paints a target on their back. Just don't do those things and you should be fine. Have strong passwords and use 2FA and eventually get a wallet if you want extra security.

exactly...

all that security still won't do **** when you're making yourself a target online. dudes can hack pretty much anything they SEE

if you make yourself invisible how will they see you?

I learned a lot in this thread. Took the first step after reading through some of @fapmasterjr posts and bought some bitcoin. Like a lot of people, wish I could've caught this a long time ago but I'm on it now. lol

Back
Top Bottom