...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Anyone have the 8830 World Edition on Sprint? How is it?

Im thinking grabbing one of those. How is it different from the Curve. I actually want the Curve, but Sprint monthly is a lot cheaper than Cingular.

The 8830 doesn't have a camera, and the keyboard is more crowded than the curve. The 8830 has world roaming capability, which means you can use it onoverseas GSM networks with a sim card. Curve has a faster processor. That's about it, I think.

Originally Posted by jepmonk

i just got a curve after my pearl got ran over by a car when i dropped it. with the pearl there were buttons that you could hold down to lock the keyboard or put into vibrate mode. are there any on the curve?

On my curve i can press the ALT key next to the left of the 7/Z key and theyn press the ARROW key to the right of the speaker phone/dollar sign buttonand that will lock the keyboard . To unlock the keyboard press the A button followed by the button with the green phone image and that will unlock. Im notsure about buttons to set the phone to vibrate but that isnt hard just use the track ball and the icon for volume setting.

On my curve i can press the ALT key next to the left of the 7/Z key and theyn press the ARROW key to the right of the speaker phone/dollar sign button and that will lock the keyboard . To unlock the keyboard press the A button followed by the button with the green phone image and that will unlock. Im not sure about buttons to set the phone to vibrate but that isnt hard just use the track ball and the icon for volume setting.
Are you new to cell phones or are you 5 years old? We know which buttons are which..no need to describe them in detail in cluttered sentences.Fool

and BTW, it doesn't work

Are you new to cell phones or are you 5 years old? We know which buttons are which..no need to describe them in detail in cluttered sentences. Fool
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kinda felt like he was describing the phone to his grandma....

BB PIN: 241D486B

btw, that motorola s9 wireless bluetooth headseat is the straight up truth. i can ignore people more vehemently than i ever have before, and mean mug reallyhard, cause i'm listening to a ubergangsta playlist...

Originally Posted by jtothadub

Are you new to cell phones or are you 5 years old? We know which buttons are which..no need to describe them in detail in cluttered sentences. Fool
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

kinda felt like he was describing the phone to his grandma....

BB PIN: 241D486B

btw, that motorola s9 wireless bluetooth headseat is the straight up truth. i can ignore people more vehemently than i ever have before, and mean mug really hard, cause i'm listening to a ubergangsta playlist...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by yarrh

On my curve i can press the ALT key next to the left of the 7/Z key and theyn press the ARROW key to the right of the speaker phone/dollar sign button and that will lock the keyboard . To unlock the keyboard press the A button followed by the button with the green phone image and that will unlock. Im not sure about buttons to set the phone to vibrate but that isnt hard just use the track ball and the icon for volume setting.

and BTW, it doesn't work

If my cluttered detailed sentences cant help you then you are the fool because that is how you lock/unlock the keyboard. Look it up somewhere else and itwill say the same thing.

Originally Posted by purepwrta

Originally Posted by yarrh

and BTW, it doesn't work

If my cluttered detailed sentences cant help you then you are the fool because that is how you lock/unlock the keyboard. Look it up somewhere else and it will say the same thing.

No.

Alt + Enter
Easy as that. You gave us a thesis with no margins.

does anybody know when sprint will be getting the curve? i like my 8830 WE but i miss the camera.. and also like the size of the curve

I'm currently with Verizon and I have a KRZR (I used to have a RAZR). I also have a prepaid SK3 that I've had for about a year and three months or so.I'm looking to drop both and just get either the Pearl, the 8830, or the Curve if it ever comes to Verizon. Sorry if it has been asked before, but can someowners give me a rundown of the pros and cons for each phone? Which would be the ideal phone to buy?

I am on Verizon and I have the 8830. I love it. The only con is that it doesn't have a camera. I think the Pearl is for girls, but thats just me.

8830 All Day. The net is fast many options and add on applications. Good choice in my opinion.

I know that you can assign a specific ring tone for a contact, but how do you you set a specific ring tonefor all text, email, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

I know that you can assign a specific ring tone for a contact, but how do you you set a specific ring tone for all text, email, etc.? Thanks in advance.

I know for a phone call just go to the contact and it gives you the option in the last field.

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

I know that you can assign a specific ring tone for a contact, but how do you you set a specific ring tone for all text, email, etc.? Thanks in advance.

I know for a phone call just go to the contact and it gives you the option in the last field.

I just want to add specific ring tones for e mails, text, voice mails. I have particular ring tones that I want to use for them and only them, not phonecalls. Does anyone know if this could be done?

You set all of that up under profiles. Where you change the volume.

I have a 8830 btw

Woah, wait, how many of you all are under Verizon? How much do you all pay per month for your BlackBerrys? The guy in the Verizon chat box said that you haveto have a voice/data bundle with a BB, and the cheapest is $80/month for 450 minutes of voice and text combined.
sick.gif
sick.gif
I'm currently under a Family SharePlan with four others, and we share either 300 or 500 minutes per month. I don't even know how this is going to work out. I'm not trying to spend anextra $150+/month for a BB with unlimited data. Can any Verizon BB users shed some light?

i need to buy jivetalk... that pre-installed aim is TERRIBLE.

henz you need to change your status on bbm! smh. don't forget to check on that hat for me, pin me when you get it together. thanks love.

PIN: 2426793e

Gettin it Crackin, all you're gonna pay is $30 extra for your BB data plan- your family plan rate shouldn't change.
As for apps, Live Search Mobile is decent, pretty much the same as Google and BB Maps.

ill be joining the blackberry family soon by the end of january cant wait!
happy.gif

ill be purchasing a blackberry curve

Back
Top Bottom