***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Gucci is a better all around rapper than jeezy & how can you say gucci had no credit in wakas success :smh:

****** love saying dumb ****

you the king of saying dumb **** tho(gucci better all around rapper ..tf this aint a ball player breaking down handles, assist etc. this is "is xyz hot" n the ***** AINT) so you cant make a peep bout nada ...

Sales don't mean jack **** anymore. That's not even how artists make their money so why are people still bringing it up in debates?

Gucci is one of the best A&R's in music period. Let's just look at the list of artist and producers he worked with early before they blew up.

Nicki
Oj
French
Waka
Zaytoven
Migos
Mike Will
Young Thug
London on the track
Pewee Longway
Future
Young Scooter

That is a crazy list of artist and producers that he gave a lot of exposure to. Gucci would put those artist on mixtapes and songs...at first you wouldn't like it...then eventually come around to them.

Wop a livin legend.
None of those people listed have dropped a decent album. Outside of nicki all them dropped one catchy song and disappeared.
 ​
Don't talk about **** you don't know bruh. 
laugh.gif
 ​
Even if you don't like their music, from a strictly objective standpoint, all of these artists have put out mixtapes in the past year with high amounts of views/downloads on LiveMixtapes, OR in French/Waka/Future's case put out albums in the past 12 or so months that have sold tens of thousands of copies, and every artist on the list can still do shows, except for maybe OJ who is chilling by choice.​
 ​

Last edited:

I said ALBUMS. I can put half of them dudes in the same category. Most rappers from the "trap" sound exactly the same. Outside of nicki future is the only one to have hits. But his albums both flopped. Outside of "pop that" what has french done? Putting out a million songs doesn't mean your hot.
Albums? In 2014, we talkin' about albums?

we-talkin-bout-practice-o.gif

​
laugh.gif
 ​
Even if you don't like their music, from a strictly objective standpoint, all of these artists have put out mixtapes in the past year with high amounts of views/downloads on LiveMixtapes, OR in French/Waka/Future's case put out albums in the past 12 or so months that have sold tens of thousands of copies, and every artist on the list can still do shows, except for maybe OJ who is chilling by choice.​
 ​
frown.gif

Gucci is one of the best A
None of those people listed have dropped a decent album. Outside of nicki all them dropped one catchy song and disappeared.

Don't talk about **** you don't know bruh. :lol:

tugs collar damb

I Agree that album sales in 2014 aren't exactly a measure of being hot or not, but dudes just said T.I & Jeezy both had albums that ain't go Platinum and then in the very next sentence goes on to say that if Gucci was out he would be having more success then them both. This ain't even about Jeezy or t.I anymore it's just about people's thought process now lol. how do you even wrap your mind around a statement like that.

I Live in NYC... this isn't the 90's anymore they play whatever the hottest songs in the streets/internet are. It's one of the biggest party towns if not the biggest party town in the entire world. Several clubs, several BBQ's, Several hood spots, Several strip clubs... a million people driving at all times.... but somehow i ain't hear a Gucci song move a crowd in any of these venues in the past 3-4 years and i'm suppose to take someone else's word that he's on fire in these streets based the amount of mixtapes he sells (which i don't even know how one concludes this # but whatever)

the excuse is gonna be but your in NYC... ya'll are bias blah blah blah.... that would work if the streets ain't go crazy at the sound of fight night, If ****** wasn't heavily discussing the rich gang Mixtape, If I wasn't still hearing future played on mix shows and in clubs.... but that's not the case.

Last edited:

​
laugh.gif
 ​
 ​
frown.gif

Lol I knew you was gonna pick that out because you couldn't disprove anything else I said.

Lol like Vic said, nobody is going platinum anymore. Drake, Kendrick, Em, Nicki (maybe) the only people doing numbers. Even Jay Z had to give his album away for free to go platinum.

Bottom line, everyone on that list (except for OJ who fell back by choice) is relevant and eating.

Gucci is one of the best A
laugh.gif
tugs collar damb
Like I said up there, nobody going platinum.

Hell, if over 10k people cop your album in 2014 when it's as easy to download it as it is to scratch your balls, that says a lot about your fanbase and relevance.

Nobody is moving outside of Drake, Kendrick, Nicki, Em. The MMG dudes MAY do 100k+ (but even then it's been a minute since they put out an album so that may be their 2012/2013 selling power. I don't remember Mastermind's first week).

Bottom line, everyone on that list is eating good and still putting out albums and mixtapes that people care about.

Dudes are either severly overating Gucci hotness or severly underating Jeezy's. I know Jeezy is a mainstream artist but i also know that w/o a doubt he's getting plenty of plays in the streets also. consistently these same dudes been saying the streets ain't ****** with jeezy for years just straight up lying up & down.
I've been to clubs that Jeezy at, they damn sure ain't filled with suburban teenagers. til this day he's the only ***** who i've ever seen get his ENTIRE mixtape played in a club & the ***** wasn't even in attendance.
I know from my experience in my area dudes still bumpin Jeezy heavy, gucci barely gettin looks at all. And he is specifcally trying to feed the streets & nothing else & yet he still ain't buzzin like that.
And i'm not giving that man credit for ANY of those ****** outside of OJ & Maybe scooter (Although Future is even more vital)
Just because you and your "area dudes" ride the train everywhere and therefore your car speakers, system, and in turn your ears have never been blessed with a Gucci track skating on Zaytoven/Southside/Lex Luger/Mike Will/TM88/Metro Boomin'/Dun Deal/Sonny Digital/C4/808 Mafia tracks isn't our fault b

Dudes are either severly overating Gucci hotness or severly underating Jeezy's. I know Jeezy is a mainstream artist but i also know that w/o a doubt he's getting plenty of plays in the streets also. consistently these same dudes been saying the streets ain't ****** with jeezy for years just straight up lying up & down.

I've been to clubs that Jeezy at, they damn sure ain't filled with suburban teenagers. til this day he's the only ***** who i've ever seen get his ENTIRE mixtape played in a club & the ***** wasn't even in attendance. I know from my experience in my area dudes still bumpin Jeezy heavy, gucci barely gettin looks at all. And he is specifcally trying to feed the streets & nothing else & yet he still ain't buzzin like that.

And i'm not giving that man credit for ANY of those ****** outside of OJ & Maybe scooter (Although Future is even more vital)

I've been to clubs that Jeezy at, they damn sure ain't filled with suburban teenagers. til this day he's the only ***** who i've ever seen get his ENTIRE mixtape played in a club & the ***** wasn't even in attendance. I know from my experience in my area dudes still bumpin Jeezy heavy, gucci barely gettin looks at all. And he is specifcally trying to feed the streets & nothing else & yet he still ain't buzzin like that.

Jeezy the truth. Tip a legend. Idk why we can't like em all. But you gotta give Gucci credit where it's due for helping these artist pop.

Thug first official mixtape was 1017 Thug. Then gucci featured him on damn near every song of his for a whole year before he blew up. Gucci had an entire mixtape with him and Future called Free Bricks that put a lot of people on to future before he was buzzing.

Migos got up with gucci thru zay...who produced all their first hits...along with a number of features from Gucci before drake hopped on.

Gucci clearly put waka on. You can't say that today in 2014...that Migos, Young Thug, Pewee Longway, Future etc etc are not hot.

BTW i also find it HILARIOUS how suddenly album sales & radio play don't matter to some of ya'll now that the south ain't sellin **** either.... but the same NYC artist who been touring the world for years, still packin venues etc etc were just washed up and weren't hot anymore when they were in the same position... funny how opinions change when they no longer support your point.

​
Like I said up there, nobody going platinum.​
 ​
Hell, if over 10k people cop your album in 2014 when it's as easy to download it as it is to scratch your balls, that says a lot about your fanbase and relevance.​
 ​
Nobody is moving outside of Drake, Kendrick, Nicki, Em. The MMG dudes MAY do 100k+ (but even then it's been a minute since they put out an album so that may be their 2012/2013 selling power. I don't remember Mastermind's first week).​
 ​
Bottom line, everyone on that list is eating good and still putting out albums and mixtapes that people care about.​

​
Lol I knew you was gonna pick that out because you couldn't disprove anything else I said.​
 ​
Lol like Vic said, nobody is going platinum anymore. Drake, Kendrick, Em, Nicki (maybe) the only people doing numbers. Even Jay Z had to give his album away for free to go platinum.​
 ​
Bottom line, everyone on that list (except for OJ who fell back by choice) is relevant and eating.​
nobodies denying that record sales are terrible. Nobody selling in any genre but you still can't equate record sales and download from livemixtapes an datpiff. 

Last edited:
BTW i also find it HILARIOUS how suddenly album sales & radio play don't matter to some of ya'll now that the south ain't sellin **** either.... but the same NYC artist who been touring the world for years, still packin venues etc etc were just washed up and weren't hot anymore when they were in the same position... funny how opinions change when they no longer support your point.

Who were people saying from NYC was washed up?

Outside of Hov/Fab/Wu (they not really "hot" but they got their fanbase) most everyone from NYC IS washed up lol.

Nt's favorite term is relevancy, if you're not "relevant" nothing matters

Just because you and your "area dudes" ride the train everywhere and therefore your car speakers, system, and in turn your ears have never been blessed with a Gucci track skating on Zaytoven/Southside/Lex Luger/Mike Will/TM88/Metro Boomin'/Dun Deal/Sonny Digital/C4/808 Mafia tracks isn't our fault b

Yes because NYC has no cars and highways or isn't the most populated city in America... yeeeuuupp your right :lol:

& also i never said he didn't have a part in helping them get some shine, but dudes are acting like he put them on the map or are the reason they are as big as they are now. Hell Dipset/ Fab were some of the first to have Wayne/Jeezy/ Tip going off on mixtapes and guest verses but i ain't gonna sit here and say they put them on the map, they gave them exposure to more people, but they put in their own work and created projects that caught fire outside of Dipsets demgraphic and took off.

nobodies denying that record sales are terrible. Nobody selling in any genre but you still can't equate record sales and download from livemixtapes an datpiff. 
 ​
Yes you can. 
laugh.gif
 ​
It's 2014, Aux Cords > Radio Stations.​
 ​
Y'all don't realize that Spinrilla/LiveMixtapes/DatPiff have apps and everyone has an smartphone.​
 ​
You gonna say that a ***** like Kid Ink has a deeper fanbase than PartyNextDoor or Chance The Rapper because they haven't put out a retail physical album yet or they aren't all over the charts but he has hella number ones?​

Last edited:
he dropped 10 tapes & aint have a SINGLE single that was playable.... cut it out... fams complete trash

Lol just say you ain't hear em fam, he got bangers on bangers, dudes wouldn't be going so hard if he was dropping quality tracks. Yeah he dropping music still, but it's bigger than dropping songs when you locked up and can't promote and drop fresh visuals look at Meek who is arguably the hottest street rapper, tracks have leaked since he been in but nothing came of them...why is that? You can't maneuver much while you locked up. That's why I **** with Gucci cause he still getting music out there for his core fans.

Dudes are either severly overating Gucci hotness or severly underating Jeezy's. I know Jeezy is a mainstream artist but i also know that w/o a doubt he's getting plenty of plays in the streets also. consistently these same dudes been saying the streets ain't ****** with jeezy for years just straight up lying up

my dude slowly back away from you keyboard & get some air...your tripping balls

he dropped 10 tapes & aint have a SINGLE single that was playable.... cut it out... fams complete trash

You saying dumb **** out of animosity

nah , not at all

i literally didnt know gucci dropped a single note this yr he said 10 tapes & i aint heard a single single anywhere... but i hear u guessed it & other catchy bs LOOPED

zero ana..... 10 tapes im assuming at least 13 tracks per tape so 130 songs & there aint a single playable track ...be serious if it was anywhere near good/hot i woulda heard it enought to be sick of it

​
Who were people saying from NYC was washed up?​
 ​
Outside of Hov/Fab/Wu (they not really "hot" but they got their fanbase) most everyone from NYC IS washed up lol.​
wipe that filth off ya mouth b

you sound foolish
Outside of the obvious new artists (ASAP, Joey Badass, Shmurda, Troy Ave...maybe newer guys who haven't reached their full potential like Smoke DZA and Retchy P and nem)​
 ​
And Hov, Fab and French​
 ​
And the legends like Dipset, 50/Unit, and Wu who will always be able to do shows (and they aren't "hot", their fanbases are just already established)​
 ​
Who is hot right now from NYC 
laugh.gif
 ​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom