***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Without Turk, Juve, etc. there is no Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga. They built the Cash Money Label.

It's like Motown with no Smokey Robinson...
Come on bruh. U really think they needed cash money. Drake and nicki minaj are superstars. They would of been just as successful with any label. 

Without Turk, Juve, etc. there is no Drake, Nicki Minaj, Tyga. They built the Cash Money Label.

Come on bruh. U really think they needed cash money. Drake and nicki minaj are superstars. They would of been just as successful with any label. 

You really don't believe that, do you?

Both artists had been out before Cash Money. They didn't have much success. Nicki was banging out Brick Squad and Drake was imitating Trey Songz not getting much okay. Then Lil Wayne comes in the picture and signs them, now they're stars. Cash Money was probably the most popular label at that time and Wayne was one of the most popular rappers at that time. Wayne's cosign is why they're stars today.

This is coming from someone that doesn't **** with Drake, Nicki or Wayne.

Last edited:

Both artists had been out before Cash Money. They didn't have much success. Nicki was banging out Brick Squad and Drake was imitating Trey Songz not getting much okay. Then Lil Wayne comes in the picture and signs them, now they're stars. Cash Money was probably the most popular label at that time and Wayne was one of the most popular rappers at that time. Wayne's cosign is why they're stars today.

i just can't give baby credit to their success. Cash money wasn't popular. lil wayne was popular. 

All of this

Look at Tyga went from lime and coconut to international star

Rolling with Wayne gave Drake and Nicki a boost but they are talented. They really don't talk about anything in their music but they know how to make hits and give their fan base what they want.

Prince J 
Prince J put Drake on so he would have been fine w/o Cash Money. 

J Prince* FYI. And, why didn't Drake choose J Prince, jr., although his sound was borrowing the Houston formula? He chose YM/Cash Money because of Wayne+timing... I'm not a Drake or Nicki fan but, it's true. They needed extra buzz, and they will tell you themselves.

Last edited:
I see what you were trying to say, but you failed miserably

Nah, it got articulated the way it needed to be. If people don't have the comprehension skills to understand, it's not my fault. I witnessed each Cash Money heyday, from past to present. Those earlier album successes and experience, and their style stood the test of time. Out of every crew/label from the 90s and early 2000s, which one is still around and emulated? Cash Money. (I'm not a fan of the current state of YMCMB/Cash Money or whatever they want to be referred as but, it's apparent).

Nah, it got articulated the way it needed to be. If people don't have the comprehension skills to understand, it's not my fault. I witnessed each Cash Money heyday, from past to present. Those earlier album successes and experience, and their style stood the test of time. Out of every crew/label from the 90s and early 2000s, which one is still around and emulated? Cash Money. (I'm not a fan of the current state of YMCMB/Cash Money or whatever they want to be referred as but, it's apparent).

No

Smokey was there at the beginning, Turk and Juve weren't. They had numerous artist before they came. Smokey wrote and produced for other Motown acts. Turk and Juve?

And Nicki and Drake were popular before they got to Cash Money,. They both had a huge buzz, which is why they had bidding wars. People thought they were going to sign with Jay or Kanye, but they signed to the hottest label at the time, because of Wayne.

Both would have been big without Wayne, because both weren't dependent on him. Heck, Tyga did it too.

Now how are those the same?

That Wayne co sign did wonders for them. Talented or not when u align yourself with the hottest rapper on the planet at the time people who would've never listened will listen. Nicki as said before was carrying brick squads d in her hand. Drake was doing duets with trey and both seen a opportunity to make that commercial jump. It def worked out for them too, they used that as a stepping stone now they don't need ymcmb at all

No

Smokey was there at the beginning, Turk and Juve weren't. They had numerous artist before they came. Smokey wrote and produced for other Motown acts. Turk and Juve?

And Nicki and Drake were popular before they got to Cash Money,. They both had a huge buzz, which is why they had bidding wars. People thought they were going to sign with Jay or Kanye, but they signed to the hottest label at the time, because of Wayne.

Both would have been big without Wayne, because both weren't dependent on him. Heck, Tyga did it too.

Now how are those the same?

Cash Money had the group UNLV first. Wayne and B.G. both dropped albums in 94' and 95'. Juve joined after, dropped Soulja Rags before 400 degrees. So, how aren't they allowed to be considered the first? I'm sure Barry Gordy probably had earlier acts than Smokey too. Diana Ross considered.

And, Lil Wayne was featured on numerous Nicki and Drake mixtapes during, or before 2008. If they were to sign with Jay, they would've been getting shelved like everyone else. Kanye had the G.O.O.D music collective so yes, I would agree. Nicki and Drake made the right move because they foresaw how successful they would be with Wayne. The advantage to signing with YMCMB has always been the creative control that comes from it. Anyway, still, people disrespecting Turk but, he helped pave the way for some current artist. I will continue my stance.

Last edited:
Cash Money had the group UNLV first. Wayne and B.G. both dropped albums in 94' and 95'. Juve joined after, dropped Soulja Rags before 400 degrees. So, how aren't the allowed to be considered the first? I'm sure Barry Gordy probably had earlier acts than Smokey too. Diana Ross considered.

And, Lil Wayne was featured on numerous Nicki and Drake mixtapes during, or before 2008. If they were to sign with Jay, they would've been getting shelved like everyone else. Kanye had the G.O.O.D music collective so yes, I would agree. Nicki and Drake mads the right move because they foresaw how successful they would be with Wayne. The advantage to signing with YMCMB has always been the creative control that comes from it. Anyway, still, people disrespecting Turk but, he helped pave the way for some current artist. I will continue my stance.

They had several acts besides UNLV.

And no, Smokey was at Motown at the formation, even when they were Tamala. And again, Juvie and Turk were writing and producing for other Cash Money acts? If you knew about Smokey you would know it's not the same at all.

So J Cole got shelved?

And no, Smokey was at Motown at the formation, even when they were Tamala. And again, Juvie and Turk were writing and producing for other Cash Money acts? If you knew about Smokey you would know it's not the same at all.

So J Cole got shelved?

Holland and Dozier wrote and arranged a lot of Motown stuff.
And, J. Cole had to beg to even get the record deal from Jay-Z.
His debut album was being put on the backburner for some time. Don't try me like that.

So J Cole got shelved?

His debut album was being put on the backburner for some time. Don't try me like that.

Nawl, him trying to get Jay to hear a production CD and him signing were two totally different events that had nothing to do with each other.

Beg? What since does that make? You can't beg for a record deal and get one. If they think your talented and they can make money off of u then u get a record deal. Cole tried to get his demo to jay and jay curved him cuz he doesn't except demos from random people. Months later jay came across his mixtape and signed him off that.

J Cole have Hov a floppy disk?  I think you mean disc, papi.
happy.gif
 i stand corrected

Seen Carl Thomas, Tank, Ginuwine and Case a few years back. It was great.

Chris Brown and Trey Songz show was cool. CB is the best performer I've ever seen.

Bruno Mars show was crazy.

The Dream was mad cool too.

JMSN was live.

Seen Carl Thomas, Tank, Ginuwine and Case a few years back. It was great.

Chris Brown and Trey Songz show was cool. CB is the best performer I've ever seen.

Bruno Mars show was crazy.

The Dream was mad cool too.

JMSN was live.

Have you seen usher?

I havent been to a lot of concerts but his show was way better than the Hip hop shows ive been to.

Last edited:
I haven't seen Usher. Haven't really been a fan of his. Liked his earlier CDs and would have liked to have seen him then but wouldn't see him now.

Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Joe, Luke James, Keith Sweat, New Edition, Blackstreet, R. Kelly (few times) The Dream, Boyz II Men, J. Holiday, Musiq, Bobby Valentino, Beyonce (worst show I've ever been to) Raheem DeVaughn, Brandy, Miguel. I've been to mad R&B shows.

I've seen pretty much everyone I wanted to see except for Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake. Bruno Mars' show reminded me a lot of MJ's shows I used to watch on VHS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom