***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

It's an attention ploy at the end of the day

Yachty knows him and Uzi are the faces of the rainbow dreads movement so it's a shtick they will ride till the wheels fall off

There's definitely a troll element to it, saying you don't know Big and Pac isn't exactly "politically correct" in Hip Hop. At the same time tho I never took it as that literal.

If said I was a Jay-z fan and knew his music but realistically couldn't name anything other than Hard Knock Life, Big Pimpin and Empire State of Mind would I be lying or telling the truth?

Last edited:
I ain't watch but being from atl and being like 18 I can see how he knows 3k and not big and pac. My 17 year old brother can't rap a Tupac or biggie song if u had a gun to his head. But he know every a boogie and thug song.

I ain't watch but being from atl and being like 18 I can see how he knows 3k and not big and pac. My 17 year old brother can't rap a Tupac or biggie song if u had a gun to his head. But he know every a boogie and thug song.

I've grown to rock with A Boogie. Slandered the young man in the summer when my young ****** tried to put me on.

He got some heat. I can't deny it :smh: :lol:

Owl Boy wouldn't exist w/o that old dusty music he incorporates into EVERYTHING

That's cool but imma appreciate my generation of talented artists. Imma let the 40yr olds have theirs

Where can I go to listen to A boogie album or mixtape and which one should I check out? I heard him performing something that sounded kinda good

I've grown to rock with A Boogie. Slandered the young man in the summer when my young ****** tried to put me on.

He got some heat. I can't deny it :smh: :lol:
I'm no yatchy fan at all which is why I don't care to watch that interview. I refuse to be the old back in my day ***** also. Me saying this is better than that is my opinion and subjective, I'll always give the young boys a chance. His **** just ain't for me, but I mess with alot of new age rappers.

I wouldn't be suprised at a regular youngin not really knowing who pac or big is in 2016 ...but one that's a rapper by profession should know who they are tho

It's just certain **** u should know once u become involved in it ...Bet Ben Simmons knows who Dr. J is now or that Barkley started his career in Philly if he didn't know before

Last edited:
We are getting to a point in rap where everyone is running a muck tho, i understand letting the teenagers be the teenagers kumbaya **** everyone been trying to push lately. But nothing that's ever lasted has given free reign to the youngins. OG's are supposed to be there for that reason, but when i see a ***** like Ghost or Killa sit back and claim that rich ch**** **** is hot I get disappointed because it's them allowing the game to turn into a circus.

If this is the "youths" choice of music and it's predicated on not havingvery little talent, & then you combine that with the youth straight up ignoring older music how much longer do ya'll expect this culture to live. hell this doesn't even stop in hiphop culture it's like we've gotten to a point in pop culture period where standards are no longer held on anything. It's like asking people to take more time or do more work has become disrespectful & that's crazy.

Now granted there's a lot of talented young rappers in this generation too, but the mindset i'm seeing nowadays is that being skillfull isn't really that important.

We are getting to a point in rap where everyone is running a muck tho, i understand letting the teenagers be the teenagers kumbaya **** everyone been trying to push lately. But nothing that's ever lasted has given free reign to the youngins. OG's are supposed to be there for that reason, but when i see a ***** like Ghost or Killa sit back and claim that rich ch**** **** is hot I get disappointed because it's them allowing the game to turn into a circus.

If this is the "youths" choice of music and it's predicated on not havingvery little talent, & then you combine that with the youth straight up ignoring older music how much longer do ya'll expect this culture to live. hell this doesn't even stop in hiphop culture it's like we've gotten to a point in pop culture period where standards are no longer held on anything. It's like asking people to take more time or do more work has become disrespectful & that's crazy.

Now granted there's a lot of talented young rappers in this generation too, but the mindset i'm seeing nowadays is that being skillfull isn't really that important.
Instead of standing for something OG's out here just trying stay afloat and keep the money coming in ...it's only gon get worse if ppl don't start gettin checked for bs again

Instead of standing for something OG's out here just trying stay afloat and keep the money coming in ...it's only gon get worse if ppl don't start gettin checked for bs again

A lot of these OG's can't say anything because the second they say son is trash, said OG then gets slandered and called a bitter hater. There's this narrative of just let kids be kids, which is true to an extent, but kids shouldn't be leading **** if they don't have the correct people passing them the game & the majority of these ****** don't

A lot of these OG's can't say anything because the second they say son is trash, said OG then gets slandered and called a bitter hater. There's this narrative of just let kids be kids, which is true to an extent, but kids shouldn't be leading **** if they don't have the correct people passing them the game & the majority of these ****** don't
They shouldn't be worried bout being slandered or not ...if I speaking the truth all that would work itself out ...like I said it's much easier and profitable for the OG's to let **** slide That's why they do it

And that's the problem. When lame _'s got this "I don't care about hip hop. I don't take it serious" "I don't care about older hip hop" mentality it allows the Iggy's, Post Malone's to come in, steal somebody's style and take what they want.

Luckily dudes like Kendrick and J Cole who know some **** are still selling, still have big fan bases are at the forefront of hip hop but rules need to be set before it's too late and it turns into R&B and the only people selling are white (Sam Smith and Adele).

If skills sold truth be told....

Jay always showed his skill though.

Last edited:

why do they NEED to know though

who are you to say that's a requirement for them to know big and pacs catalog and do what? make music? express themselves?

y'all sound like the old ****** who didn't think rap was music in the first place...everything ain't for everybody...when soulja came out you had drake and cole and kendrick in the same generation...for every yachty and uzi you got a anderson paak or chance or joey bad*****

everyone don't wanna listen to a hippity hip hop lyrical miracle type **** all the time...and that's never been the only type of artist that existed so why does it have to be now

Last edited:

Having the ability to show lyrical skill while making it accessible to the mainstream is easier said than done, Jay is like second to none in that arena.

At the same time tho, I find it hella hard to come at other _'s lyrics when one of my favorite rappers literally told me on a song he didn't give me the best **** that he lyrically could so that he could make more money 
laugh.gif

We sold this culture to the corporations a long time ago. All they care about is money at the end of the day so the best thing you can do as a fan is support the music you wanna see more of. 

It's funny seeing everybody **** on the new rappers for their rapping ability when Lupe dropped one of the best albums of the past 5 years last year and had that **** flop and barely get talked about. Hell the thread on here only moved like 2-3 pages and it was mostly the same few people discussing the album, go figure 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
and where does this hip hop education stop? do ****** have to know all of the sugar hill gang's albums to start rapping? do they have to know every afrika bambata verse by heart? do you?

the real issue here is that y'all don't like him ******** on the 90's because that's what y'all grew up on so y'all hold it to this heavenly standard...a grown *** man saying he's not aware of the relics from your childhood that you hold to such a high standard doesn't sit right with you because it symbolizes a significant passing of time since your nostalgic days

there's an 8 year old right now who's gonna be mad in some comment section in 2030 when lil hoverboard shawty doesn't give a **** about yachty, drake or uzi

Last edited:
Let's put this in perspective. How many of us was reciting the Paid in Full album when we were growing up? It's easily one of the best hip hop albums of all time and influenced the genre more than any other album but I know most of these dudes out here getting on Yachty for not knowing Pac and Biggie can't even name one song from the God MC.

This whole know hip hop history talk is nonsense.

The difference is that ppl had a respect for the craft and knowledge of who came before regardless if they could recite the lyrics.

Nowadays ppl don't respect ****.

Fwiw I listened to them and I'm sure ppl from my age group at least heard know the ledge. I ain't no joke is probably my fav song by them tho.

Last edited:
Let's put this in perspective. How many of us was reciting the Paid in Full album when we were growing up? It's easily one of the best hip hop albums of all time and influenced the genre more than any other album but I know most of these dudes out here getting on Yachty for not knowing Pac and Biggie can't even name one song from the God MC.

This whole know hip hop history talk is nonsense.

I think the difference is if none of us were reciting those lyrics, I'm sure we weren't actively ******** on them either and making that a running gimmick.

God forbid somebody disrespects the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, etc. in their genres

Some of y'all weak AF

BTW, Everybody knows "Dig into my pocket, all I found was lint" "make em' make em clap to this"

...:rolleyes

If you don't know certain rap anecdotes. You not a fan, period. Just faking the funk

AND most cats know Slick Rick stuff too. Great Adventures of Slick Rick dropped in 1988 for Petes sake. Some people just need to admit that their just casual fans, and shut up.

A "casual" rap fan bet not ever try to have a hip hop/rap debate with me.

Last edited:
[thread="568577"] [/thread]

Having the ability to show lyrical skill while making it accessible to the mainstream is easier said than done, Jay is like second to none in that arena.

At the same time tho, I find it hella hard to come at other _'s lyrics when one of my favorite rappers literally told me on a song he didn't give me the best **** that he lyrically could so that he could make more money :lol:

We sold this culture to the corporations a long time ago. All they care about is money at the end of the day so the best thing you can do as a fan is support the music you wanna see more of. 

It's funny seeing everybody **** on the new rappers for their rapping ability when Lupe dropped one of the best albums of the past 5 years last year and had that **** flop and barely get talked about. Hell the thread on here only moved like 2-3 pages and it was mostly the same few people discussing the album, go figure :rolleyes  

Jay ain't tell you make trashy catchy music. If we gonna use Jay's example then we have to look at what Jay did. He said that "If skills sold..." line using Kweli as the example. Kweli is all the way left. Conscious and lyrical. No radio hits non of that. Cuz that doesn't sell Jay did the Big Pimpins. For every Big Pimpin he had a bunch of Dead Presidents. The problem now is there's no balance. All these dudes are tryna jump on the same ****. I **** with Future hard but I only need one Future. I **** with the Migos, I only need one Migos. I love trap music but you gotta bring something unique. You gotta have some type of skill. When I see Flesh Prince say "Yachty can rap" I'm like is this what passes as good rapping? He sounds like a slower version of Lil B. The bar is getting lower and lower.

Lupe ain't making much noise now cuz went on some weirdo **** years ago. Kendrick and J Cole threads move.

and where does this hip hop education stop? do ****** have to know all of the sugar hill gang's albums to start rapping? do they have to know every afrika bambata verse by heart? do you?

the real issue here is that y'all don't like him ******** on the 90's because that's what y'all grew up on so y'all hold it to this heavenly standard...a grown *** man saying he's not aware of the relics from your childhood that you hold to such a high standard doesn't sit right with you because it symbolizes a significant passing of time since your nostalgic days

there's an 8 year old right now who's gonna be mad in some comment section in 2030 when lil hoverboard shawty doesn't give a **** about yachty, drake or uzi

If you give a **** you should want to know about hip hop and do some research, if not just say you're in it cuz it's trendy and girls dance to it. I'm 28. In high school we would always go back and listen to rappers that wasn't popping at the time. It was cool to know about the history and listen to the classics. _'s would clown you if you had that "Nah I don't know about Ready To Die" mindset.

Even some of the rappers that have had a influence on todays rappers. Some of these 22 and under _'s don't even know the history of Cash Money. All they know is The Carter 3 came out and bam. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom