***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Man these kids don't gaf about Rahim :lol: let alone pac or big. Some of yall need to talk to ya little cousins/brothers/nephews that aren't rap nerds, they are the Wayne generation. They don't give a damn about none of that **** and laugh and call it trash if u play it for them. That's them whatever, their loss.

Man these kids don't gaf about Rahim :lol: let alone pac or big. Some of yall need to talk to ya little cousins/brothers/nephews that aren't rap nerds, they are the Wayne generation. They don't give a damn about none of that **** and laugh and call it trash if u play it for them. That's them whatever, their loss.

Which is exactly why their emo and can't fight, and have problem with women. A lot of these rap songs teaching lil n_ how to be simps on steroids

I think the difference is if none of us were reciting those lyrics, I'm sure we weren't actively ******** on them either and making that a running gimmick.
People dont get this. Someone earlier even admitted that there's a troll element to this.

It's not about whether or not they should or shouldn't know something or not. It's about this little poptart being a troll and a troll only. 

Common sense says that someone that was a baby during a particular era of music, may not connect to it the same way he would with the music from his adolescent phase. We get that.

I think that's more to do with father and household issues, maybe even neighborhood issues but that's another convo.

They don't know **** about Wayne before the Carter series. :lol:

When I heard Jay say "Like a young G Rap in his prime" I said let me go back and found out about this _ Kool G Rap.

Wayne drops Pac and Big's name alot and these weirdo _'s can't name some songs from them. Like I said they're just in it cuz it's trendy.

Last edited:
Common sense says that someone that was a baby during a particular era of music, may not connect to it the same way he would with the music from his adolescent phase. We get that.

this is all it boils down to

Which is exactly why their emo and can't fight, and have problem with women. A lot of these rap songs teaching lil n_ how to be simps on steroids

:lol: @ emo/depressed/****** who can't fight/****** who can't talk to girls only coming to exist only after Drake

you ****** say some crazy ****

They need they *** whopped if they can't finish.

"I ain't a killer but don't push me..."

"I grew up on the crime side..."

:lol:

Srs. My 12 year old nephew was saying NWA lines last year I wanted to shed a tear.

Last edited:
They know more about nwa than pac and big but u know exactly why. Straight out of Compton had alot to do with that. Ice cube was Craig to these ****** and Dre the headphone dude.

Last edited:
God forbid somebody disrespects the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, etc. in their genres

Some of y'all weak AF

BTW, Everybody knows "Dig into my pocket, all I found was lint" "make em' make em clap to this"

...:rolleyes

If you don't know certain rap anecdotes. You not a fan, period. Just faking the funk

AND most cats know Slick Rick stuff too. Great Adventures of Slick Rick dropped in 1988 for Petes sake. Some people just need to admit that their just casual fans, and shut up.

A "casual" rap fan bet not ever try to have a hip hop/rap debate with me.

Let me preface this by saying I'm 25 soon to be 26, so take from this what you will.

Anyway, this is complete BS. How are you gonna tell somebody "if you dont know ____ you're not a real hip hop fan." I thought Slick Rick, Eric b and Rakim, Heavy D and all those other late 80s dudes were boring as hell, **** my mom listened to that I could never get into. But I do know The Chronic, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt and all those other hip hop classics by heart and still have them in regular rotation and could give you some random facts about all of them. Now, tell me that makes me less of a hip hop fan...

Y'all gotta let these kids like what they like and understand that it's more of a generational thing rather than flat out ignorance. I have 16 and 19 year old brothers who know some old school **** but if they'd rather listen to Lil Uzi or Yachty who am I to tell them their preferences are wrong?

Let me preface this by saying I'm 25 soon to be 26, so take from this what you will.

Anyway, this is complete BS. How are you gonna tell somebody "if you dont know ____ you're not a real hip hop fan." I thought Slick Rick, Eric b and Rakim, Heavy D and all those other late 80s dudes were boring as hell, **** my mom listened to that I could never get into. But I do know The Chronic, Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt and all those other hip hop classics by heart and still have them in regular rotation and could give you some random facts about all of them. Now, tell me that makes me less of a hip hop fan...

Y'all gotta let these kids like what they like and understand that it's more of a generational thing rather than flat out ignorance. I have 16 and 19 year old brothers who know some old school **** but if they'd rather listen to Lil Uzi or Yachty who am I to tell them their preferences are wrong?

Boy, ain't nobody knocking their preferences. I listen to keef, durk, herb, thugger, uzi, ASAP Mobb, Travis Scott, etc. it's all about respect. If you not gone respect an artform, don't be apart of it. Period. People devoted their whole livelihood to building this up.

Again, if you're a casual rap/hip-hop fan, fine. Just don't fix your mouth to debate me about the music. Future is weak to me, Rich Homie is weak, I'm not a Yachty fan, but again, I don't discuss their music, unless people ask me or throw me into a discussion about them. I just keep it G with people.

I'm going to stick to my guns though, on this topic. Casual listeners and people who don't really know much about hip hop, don't ever argue me about it.

I'm not expecting kids in this generation to be actively listening to things from the 90's , but these ****** are straight up showing NO RESPECT to anyhting that came before them. That's fine if a lot of these lil ****** weren't constantly saying this is for the "culture". How the **** are you involved in any culture at all and not atleast try to know a bit of the history.

It's not okay for people who are supposed to be pushing the culture to not really care for the **** at all. That type of mindset will lead to a complete fall of the culture.

How you a flagrant copycat, but trying to brag on songs? Unoriginal people trying to make music, and be braggadocious? That's oxymoronic as fukk :lol:

These fugazi dudes out here with delusions of grandeur :rofl:

If you're referring to Yachty, he doesn't bring up their music. People constantly ask him why he doesn't listen to 25 year old music at the age of 19. I would be annoyed and say inflammatory **** too if I had Ns like y'all acting like there's some set rules to being a rapper, like dudes have to pass a Hip Hop history class to do this ****. That's lame as hell.

The rap game is a lot like the streets. There's a lot of young guys running things and sometimes not everything done in the past is gonna be respected. And it is what it is.

If you're referring to Yachty, he doesn't bring up their music. People constantly ask him why he doesn't listen to 25 year old music at the age of 19. I would be annoyed and say inflammatory **** too if I had Ns like y'all acting like there's some set rules to being a rapper, like dudes have to pass a Hip Hop history class to do this ****. That's lame as hell.

The rap game is a lot like the streets. There's a lot of young guys running things and sometimes not everything done in the past is gonna be respected. And it is what it is.

What young n_ are running the game though, idiot? Name them. Drake, Meek, Kendrick, Future (not a fan, but understand his popularity) J. Cole, etc. are ALL nearing or over 30 years old. Silly guy... :rolleyes

Last edited:

and the "streets" are ****** up because there ain't no rules or order. you got ****** who rap openly saying they don't know how to rap.... & somehow that's cool?

we're supposed to be encouraging people not trying to improve their craft. Especially when you consider how big of a tool hip hop is. Hip hop music was never intended to be non inspired, thoughtless background noise.

some of these dudes are making the entire culture disposable & i have a problem with that.

If you've read the book you would know he spoke on those lines, I ain't misinterpret nothing. He said while Talib and Common are good technical lyricists there's a difference in being a good lyricist and making good songs. He also said even the best lyrics won't appeal to a widespread audience if they're not matched with a big song. These are all his words not mine.

He's spoke on those lines a bunch of times tho. He said with Reasonable Doubt he didn't know **** about making "music", after that he learned how to, in his own words, "turn it on and off" in regards to the lyrics.

One of the main _'s y'all worship than told y'all if you wanna make money lyrics ain't the end all be all. But then y'all turn around and start talking about these new dudes just in it for the money  :lol:  

Last edited:
Like I said before, _'s sell the culture out and then get mad decades later when the corporations who now own it aren't doing what YOU want them to do with it

_'s STILL to this day running to the labels in droves when they get the slightest bit of a buzz and then get mad when the label put them on the shelf cause they don't wanna do a song for the females :lol:

Last edited:
What young n_ are running the game though, idiot? Name them. Drake, Meek, Kendrick, Future (not a fan, but understand his popularity) J. Cole, etc. are ALL nearing or over 30 years old. Silly guy... :rolleyes

Idiot...Yachty and Uzi and to a lesser extent Herb, 21 Savage, Migos, ect...all young guys who's services are utilized by a lot of guys nowadays. It isn't just about the mainstream, popular guys. These dues get listens just as much as anybody right now.

As a die hard hip hop fan, I really do understand where y'all are coming from but feeling slighted and demanding these young dudes "respect" older hip hop is just really dumb to me. Because I'm quite sure at that age y'all didn't want anybody telling you **** about your generation's music. So again, it is what it is.

And nah I didn't download that bull ****, but what does that have to do with anything :lol:

If you've read the book you would know he spoke on those lines, I ain't misinterpret nothing. He said while Talib and Common are good technical lyricists there's a difference in being a good lyricist and making good songs. He also said even the best lyrics won't appeal to a widespread audience if they're not matched with a big song. These are all his words not mine.

He's spoke on those lines a bunch of times tho. He said with Reasonable Doubt he didn't know **** about making "music", after that he learned how to, in his own words, "turn it on and off" in regards to the lyrics.

One of the main _'s y'all worship than told y'all if you wanna make money lyrics ain't the end all be all. But then y'all turn around and start talking about these new dudes just in it for the money  :lol:  

is Jay not considered one of the best Lyricist of all times tho... Jay-Z version of "dumbed" down gives you songs like Fallen, Allure, Meet The Parents etc etc. Jay has NEVER not cared about Lyrics, he simplified them to appeal to the average listener a bit. Jays weakest verses would read to Hieroglyphics compared to some of these new ******.

Also saying lyrics isn't the end all be all doesn't equate to saying lyrics in music don't matter at all. The fact that you are comparing Jay who at this point has become a pillar in hiphop culture and who's MUSIC alone has helped build and improve hiphop to ****** who literally go in the booth and say the first thing in their heads on a beat shows me that you have an agenda in here.

Back
Top Bottom