[::Official BUCKS @ LAKERS friday 7:30pm PT ESPNHD::]

pimp.gif

Well fellas, let me start off my saying that watching a lakers game live at staples is pure
pimp.gif

I got home late last night, was too tired to open up the computer, so i knocked out.

Pregame we went to the fox sports sky arena or whatever its called. We had a burger and fries and man it was good. The prices were
eyes.gif
but hey, i dont get a chance to go to a laker game very often so i went all out.Thanks for the recommendation
smile.gif

First off, i sat in section 114...and it was great.
Some thoughts about staples:
-The lights all around the outside of the arena are craaaazy...makes it look like the super bowl is goin down or something. So nice.
-The workers are
eyes.gif
-they wouldnt let us get a closer view of the court pre-game...we didnt wanna go courtside or anything, we just wanted to go down a section and just take afew pics of Jordan shootin around...the lady said "sorry if i let u go in this section and its not your section ill get fired"
indifferent.gif
... no you wont. How would u get fired? how does anyone know were not inthis section? we just wanted 2 minutes.
grin.gif

-i got up to use the bathroom and when i came back some fat guy in a purple shirt told me to sit down and not get up anymore.
indifferent.gif
I was like$!##? I cant use the f'in bathroom yo? He said "Onlyget up when there is a break."
mad.gif
Stupid fat guy, i wanted to make funof his stupid fat head but my homie told me to relax. I was heated but i didnt want it to ruin the experience so i just shut up and enjoyed the game.

-Anyways...some more good notes. The lights out thing was pretty cool, but u dont notice it as much as you do on television. there was plenty of light to seeeverything around you, it was cool.
-The in-seat food service is
eek.gif
. I ordered a nacho grande from the dude, hebrought it to me in like 2 minutes...i was like
eek.gif
happy.gif
. Great nacho as well.
smokin.gif

-The championship banners are
pimp.gif

-The atmosphere was great, everyone was pumped...everyone was excited, and it was just the bucks. I cant imagine how intense and exciting the atmostphere isfor like a suns game or a playoff game. Wow, it was fun. Definetly wanna do it again.

Some thoughts about the players/the game in person:
-Gosh Kwame brown sucks. I mean, i thought he was annoying on tv. He is 10x more annoying in person. Dude cant make a layup if his life depended onit. Laker fans were booing him all night. Laker fans basically dislike the dude as much as i do. I talked to a few laker fans and they said that the team wouldbe better off cutting kwame. i was like
eek.gif
and not even attempt to tradefor any type of value? dude said "what value? my 7 year old daughter can make lay ups more consistently than him." i was
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Laker fans basically think its addition by subtraction to just cut his%%%# lol. i dunno how all the contract stuff would work though.

-Luke's shot in person is kinda iffy. Im not quite sure if its going to go in. Its kinda like...when he shoots im like
eyes.gif
...then
grin.gif
...then
eek.gif
happy.gif
embarassed.gif
.. But im glad he made a few nice shots.
-DFish is money even in person. His stroke is smooooth (nh)
pimp.gif

-Lamar...
eyes.gif
...dunno what to say about this dude. He is completely anonfactor. Its like, i dont care if he puts up pts, assists, and boards...they dont HELP us as much as it shows on the scorecard. He really doesnt have anIMPACT on the game. I mean, im just speaking on behalf of the one game i watched last night...not every game. But i mean, cmon now. He was so quick to give upthe ball as soon as he touched it. He didnt assert himself at all. And damn, how many layups can you miss lamar
smh.gif
the crowd was goin crazy...dude just keptmissin close shot after close shot.
indifferent.gif
(nice lob to andrew though).
-Jordan farmar...
eek.gif
dude is money. He has found a sweet spot in thatcorner. I saw him shooting around, and he was knockin em down from 3 pt range all day. I was like damn he has a nice shot, but too bad he cant make 4 in a rowin a game.
eyes.gif
@ me. He didnt hit in 4 in a row but he shut me up. He hitsome big 3's and the dude is just all swag. Love havin him on the bench mob.
happy.gif

-Trevor Ariza...
smokin.gif
Man am i glad cupcake made the trade to get rid ofcook and evans. And man am i even more glad we got trevor out of it. Dude's defensive effort can be seen even from the top of the arena. He was runninaround all night, stealin the rock, blockin shots, using his lenghthy arms to disrupt shots. Very much appreciated. And that dunk he did from kobe's behindthe head pass was
pimp.gif

Okay...now i get to the 2 best players on the court.
-Andrew Bynum...W
eek.gif
W. Thats all i can say. Dude is a
devil.gif
. Dunk after dunk. block after block. Board after board. His presence has anIMPACT...a great one, unlike lamar. And the crowd loves him. Amazing...i kept reminding myself he was only 20. Gosh, i cant wait to see what hes doing in 3years.
-Kobe Bean Bryant. What can i say about this guy? When i first sit down, there is some chit chat goin on in front of me. Dude was talkin about kobe bein sick,i was like hold up whats wrong with him? Dude said that he heard that he had bronchitis or somethin... i was like
eyes.gif
...great, my first laker game and kobes sick. So much for him putting on a show.but man, he came out firing. Hit his first 3 three's and i was like
eek.gif
they looked so effortless. He was passin that rock too...makin great plays all around the court. Defensively he played well too. Dude was in foul trouble, andphil had to sit hiim for the rest of the first half...everyone was like
eyes.gif
when Coby Karl came in the game.
laugh.gif
everyone started booing. lol. But imglad kobe didnt get in too much foul trouble. He came back strong in the 2nd half, took over the 4th quarter...and man he put on a show.
eek.gif

Man i love my Lakers.
pimp.gif

Cliffnotes:
-I got my moneys worth.
laugh.gif

Thanks to KB8, Tupac, french, kidskillz, ed, any anyone else with the tips on parking, eating, and enjoyin the experience at staples. I had a wonderful time. Iparked at the convention center and everything went fine. The traffic into the freeway was crazy but once we merged into 101 it was smooth sailing home fromthere.
smile.gif

Definitely a experience to remember. Im going to try to save up for another laker game soon, it was too fun.

phew...i typed a lot, hope i didnt bore you guys. Lol. well there you have it, my experience and thoughts about the lakers live in person.

Lets go Lakers
pimp.gif

smile.gif
Sounds like you had an awesome time, I unfortunately am I Florida so I won't get to experience Staples anytime soon, but I do plan on going to see theLakeshow in person for the first time when they play the Magic in Feb.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't have a camera
smh.gif
Some college student huh...
eyes.gif
We wanted to take pix with my friends camera phone...they didnt let us get close, so wedidnt even bother takin any... it was too far for a good pic, not a good quality camera
laugh.gif

stop slippin' wit the game threads LTB.
laugh.gif
j.p

anyways, glad you enjoyed staples, i havent been to a game this year - im saving it for the playoffs
devil.gif

Licensed to ball....glad you had a good time homey, but I have to disagree with your analysis.
-Gosh Kwame brown sucks. I mean, i thought he was annoying on tv. He is 10x more annoying in person. Dude cant make a layup if his life depended on it. Laker fans were booing him all night. Laker fans basically dislike the dude as much as i do. I talked to a few laker fans and they said that the team would be better off cutting kwame.
Cause most people only care about offense. He's still the Lakers best post defender and as long as you don't expect ANY offense from himyou won't be disappointed. The way I see it, the Lakers have enough people who can score....anything Kwame gives you on offense is a bonus. Anything.
-Lamar...
eyes.gif
...dunno what to say about this dude. He is completely a nonfactor. Its like, i dont care if he puts up pts, assists, and boards...they dont HELP us as much as it shows on the scorecard.
He didn't have a good game offensively, but to call him "completely a nonfactor" is a bit of a stretch. He had a few big boards downthe stretch and the way that Andrew and Kobe was feeling it down in the post, there really wasn't a need for him to take a more aggressive role in theoffense.

hey LTB how much did you pay for the lakers game?

Your making me wanna go ! actually i really want to go lol

I went to Kings game which was awesome too, i wanna experience the whole Staples center
smile.gif

grittyman20:
Licensed to ball....glad you had a good time homey, but I have to disagree with your analysis.
Cause most people only care about offense. He's still the Lakers best post defender and as long as you don't expect ANY offense from him you won't be disappointed. The way I see it, the Lakers have enough people who can score....anything Kwame gives you on offense is a bonus. Anything.

Here' the problem I have with Kwame: he doesn't seem to care. At all. The way you're talking about him is similar to the way peopletalk about Dennis Rodman, Anderson Varejao, Dikembe Motumbo, Ben Wallace*, etc. The thing is, most guys that fit the description 'defensive presence whothe team doesn't rely on for points' are guys that realy care about their defense. They take pride in it, and get offended at people scoring on them orif they miss their assignment. It's like they know that they are not complete, all-around players with nice games on both ends of the court, so they spendall their energy doing what they are good at. But Kwame? Dude doesn't seem to get offended at anything out there. And he doesn't seem to care one wayor the other about working to improve his defense.

He's just... there. It seem like he's just comfortable... existing on the court. And I've always had problems with players like that.

*ANd that marks the first time in the history of mankind that Varejao was mentioned in the same breath as Rodman, Motumbo, and Big Ben.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom