Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread - OUT NOW! - FULL Multiplayer INFO Pg1 [New Poll]

Thoughts on the game?

• AMAZING! Best CoD yet!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Solid.

• Meh. Just like every other CoD.

• Trash. I want my money back.

• I ain't eem buy it, bruh.

• Total voters
Man watching all these videos and seeing how HEAVILY people rely on panic knifing; pisses me off.

At least they finally did away with Death Streaks, 2nd Chance and modified Ghost... But still i hate knifing...

Also, Idk why people say they dont like the sounds. I think this might be the best sounding cod so far.

Maps from what i seen look dec.. Kinda remind me of some MW2/CoD4 maps with a mix of black ops... and BF3... Cargo looks like Kharg Island/Noshahr Canals (TDM Version)..

The 10 point system is interesting. I commend 3arc for trying to change things... BUT i feel that whole system leaves to many doors open for a cheese *** combos. We'll see.

Something minor but i like the little graphics they have for like the teams and just challenge completion medals or w/e you call it...

Killstreaks are now Scorestreaks ... :\ No mo kill *****... at least i think so. :frown: :lol: .. Oh well.. Dont care anymore really.... If thats the case...

I just really hope 3arc doesnt mess up the loose environment in CoD... turning every lobby into try hard mode central ...

That **** isnt fun.... I know i wont be taking this game serious enough to try and do that league playlist skill matchmaking stuff... Not worth my time..

Ill give this a shot anyways... I wont know how it turns out to be unless i try it so.. yeah...

ib4tl;dr

Last edited:
You can really hear the footsteps in this one. Dead Silence seems like a must for me. I get annoyed hearing my own footsteps in COD games. 

The whole using perks from other perk slots seems interesting. I can't wait...

This pointstreak is ********. That means in Dom you have to get around 26 kills to get Attack Dogs.... Treyarch is acting as if there's gonna be hundreds of opportunity to defend a flag or cap one. MW3 did the pointstreaks better.

Last edited:
This pointstreak is ********. That means in Dom you have to get around 26 kills to get Attack Dogs.... Treyarch is acting as if there's gonna be hundreds of opportunity to defend a flag or cap one. MW3 did the pointstreaks better.
No it actually means you're going to have to contribute much more than just sitting and camping kills to get it. It's ingenious now that I think about it. For all of us guys who try to get kills but also take the time to take flags, defend flags and shoot down air support, we're being rewarded. It also means that your assists will count for something other than pissing you off at the end of a match when you see how many kills you didn't get.

And I agree that they should do something about knifing. I would much prefer it if it were like Drake's Uncharted. Two hits from the front or sides, instant kill from the back. Panic knifing would be useless against anyone other than scrubs and you'd still be able to take someone out easy if they aren't paying attention. I'm very tired of running down on someone with my gun and getting knifed after the second or third bullet.

Also, I agree that the 10 point allocation system seems like it will inevitably open a door for some very cheap setups. We'll see though, I guess. Everything else looks pretty good. Wish they would've got rid of the stupid rc cars though.

No it actually means you're going to have to contribute much more than just sitting and camping kills to get it. It's ingenious now that I think about it. For all of us guys who try to get kills but also take the time to take flags, defend flags and shoot down air support, we're being rewarded. It also means that your assists will count for something other than pissing you off at the end of a match when you see how many kills you didn't get.

Riiigghhttt cause it takes 26 kills just to get dogs... which isnt even the highest killstreak..... I understand they wanna reward objective players more but they made it unbalance now

for the people who enjoy just killing. And dont even mention TDM cause that joints straight boring. They should've at least kept Team Defender. Straight up action and just killing

And it's also BS how people get "UAV Assist" points.. 
indifferent.gif

Like c'mon... if you're garbage at the game and can't get kills then just stick with the low killstreaks.

MW3 had it perfect imo.

Last edited:
Riiigghhttt cause it takes 26 kills just to get dogs... which isnt even the highest killstreak.....

where in the hell are you getting 26 kills to get dogs from? let me break it down for you say Dogs is 11 kills/ pointstreak
if you want to be a kill***** and not jump on flags and whatnot it will take 11 kills to get Dogs
but if you play the objective say cap 2 flags kill a dude while capping a flag it will take like 5-6 regular kills to get Dogs

Edit - oh i get where you get 26 kills from as in Dom kills are only +50 instead of +100 yet i highly doubt that they leave it like that easy fix make any kill in any gamemode +100

Last edited:
awesome I stay capping flags.. especially B the one all my scary @~! teammates don't ever want to grab.. me and my bro be the only ones going after B everyone else playing Team Deathmatch in domination

Riiigghhttt cause it takes 26 kills just to get dogs... which isnt even the highest killstreak..... I understand they wanna reward objective players more but they made it unbalance now
for the people who enjoy just killing. And dont even mention TDM cause that joints straight boring. They should've at least kept Team Defender. Straight up action and just killing
And it's also BS how people get "UAV Assist" points.. :stoneface:
Like c'mon... if you're garbage at the game and can't get kills then just stick with the low killstreaks.
MW3 had it perfect imo.

they got rid of team defender? :smh:

that was my favorite mw3 playlist, nobody really camped which was great

:smh: So I see that they kept panic knifing in the game.. Cmon. Glad to see they fixed the sniping though.

where in the hell are you getting 26 kills to get dogs from? let me break it down for you say Dogs is 11 kills/ pointstreak
if you want to be a kill***** and not jump on flags and whatnot it will take 11 kills to get Dogs
but if you play the objective say cap 2 flags kill a dude while capping a flag it will take like 5-6 regular kills to get Dogs
Edit - oh i get where you get 26 kills from as in Dom kills are only +50 instead of +100 yet i highly doubt that they leave it like that easy fix make any kill in any gamemode +100

Yeah, I'm assuming they will make all kills worth 100 points. Another benefit of this method is that in a domination match almost everyone will cap the initial flags because now it counts towards your killstreaks. Instead of people rushing forward and randomly chucking grenades thirsty for a kill leaving one person or no one to cap the damn flag. I'm really pleased about this lol. Mostly because I'm really good at defending flags. At the end of a Domination match I'll usually have 6-10 defends. All those points going to my killstreaks gonna be :pimp: I can see it now *Chucks sticky grenade at flag from 50 ft away* "Stuck! +50, Multi Kill! +300, Defense! +300" *Cooks feverishly*

I will probably end up getting this for both 360 and PS3 again. PS3 for NT matches and trophies, 360 for actual decent multiplayer servers.

This, however, is garbage. Makes me want to boycott. You make Billions and can't support dedicated servers?

Black Ops 2: Dedicated Servers for Console are Unlikely
Don’t hold your breath for dedicated servers. by IAN MILES CHEONG on 13th Aug, 2012

Prior to the release of Modern Warfare 3, most, if not every Call of Duty title supported “listen servers”, a technology which allowed players from diverse locations to connect to a central server hosted by a server hosting company or by servers owned or leased by Activision itself.

Through listen servers, players could rent their own game servers to host their titles. Many other games, including Battlefield 3 and Counter-Strike Global Offensive still support this sort of gameplay, allowing for players the convenience of never having to deal with the host’s latency. No player, therefore, was afforded the unfair advantage of having a better connection than anyone else.

This all changed for the Call of Duty series with Modern Warfare 3’s implementation of peer-to-peer networking. The system hosted games on players’ own connections, and relieved both the developers of the responsibility of hosting games. The cottage industry of server hosts lost a good chunk of revenue from this drastic measure, which also introduced a whole slew of problems into the multiplayer mode.

The biggest reason Activision would provide for switching over to peer-to-peer networking, at least on the console, was to cater to how Microsoft has their Xbox Live service set up, though it begs the question as to why other games including Battlefield 3 are more than capable of offering dedicated servers even on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game.

But to get down to it, the biggest reason the studio opted to do away with dedicated servers was to save money, as leasing servers costs money and ensuring that everyone has a good connection to the server by purchasing servers in just about every location deducts from the company’s profit margins.

Black Ops 2 is unlikely to offer any changes, so don’t expect dedicated servers to come back to Call of Duty any time soon.

Last edited:
So we have to run a NT tourny on this
livestream the game for all the NT crew to see
12th we could shoutcast teh game :rofl:

CoD casting would be great for NT tourneys... Idk if we'd be able to live-stream though... Cause i think thats held to like the top 10% of the league leader-boards or something...

but id be down... :lol:

Man, just having that option in random matches NT'ers run...

Get Keef, Henz, and Hyper in a room with some mouthy clan and let the laughter begin. :lol:

Activision today announced and detailed the Black Ops 2 special editions, and they've brought back the multi-tiered system after Modern Warfare 3 skipped out.

So Call of Duty fans can either choose from the $179.99 "Care Package" or somewhat more affordable $79.99 "Hardened Edition." Both actually include the same content, from DLC to soundtrack, with one exception -- and what a pricey exception it is. See, that extra $100 actually gets you an exclusive remote control MO-27 Dragonfire Drone (and a really big box), which is actually pretty badass if you ask us. Okay, so an RC drone isn't exactly a pair of working night vision goggles, but the potential for amusement is practically endless there. 

Here's a rundown of the Care Package:
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Remote Controlled MQ-27 Dragonfire Drone - Command cutting-edge technology, exclusively for this once-in-a-lifetime combat collection.
  • Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map - Battle hordes of Zombies in this beloved 1960s nuclear neighborhood.
  • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map - Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map re-imagined in a 1960s visionary depiction of the "model home of the future."
  • Collectible 2-Sided SteelBook - Limited edition game case featuring exclusive artwork.
  • (2) Challenge Coins - Limited edition challenge coins that serve as your key to exclusive digital content.
  • Weapon Camo - Rank-up in style with an exclusive multiplayer weapon skin.
  • (2) Player Card Backgrounds - Liven up any killcam with two exclusive player card backgrounds, inspired by Nuketown 2025 and Zombies.
  • Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Soundtrack - A digital copy of composer Jack Wall's epic in-game score with Theme by Trent Reznor.
  • Xbox LIVE CLAW Avatar Prop - An exclusive avatar prop, deployable to a dashboard near you.
  • Xbox LIVE Zombies Avatar Costume - Show off your pride with an avatar costume built exclusively for fans of the Call of Duty undead.
(PlayStation 3 versions include a dynamic multiplayer theme of the Turbine map as well as a dynamic Zombies theme that shows off Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies)

For PC owners, Acti has the Digital Deluxe Edition available, which is priced the same as and includes everything from the Hardened Ed. You know, minus the tin case and console-only stuff like Avatar items and dashboard themes.

Don't feel too cheated, because Activision and Treyarch are throwing in a voucher for World at War to make up for the console exclusives. Take a look:
HARDENED EDITION (Xbox 360/PS3) SRP $79.99:
  • Nuketown Zombies Bonus Map - Battle hordes of Zombies in this beloved 1960s nuclear neighborhood.
  • Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map - Relive the close quarters chaos of this classic fan-favorite map re-imagined in a 1960s visionary depiction of the "model home of the future."
  • Collectible 2-Sided SteelBook[emoji]174[/emoji] - Limited edition game case featuring exclusive artwork.
  • (2) Challenge Coins - Limited edition challenge coins that serve as your key to exclusive digital content.
  • (2) Player Card Backgrounds - Liven up any killcam with two exclusive player card backgrounds, inspired by Nuketown 2025 and Zombies.
  • Official Call of Duty: Black Ops II Soundtrack - A digital copy of composer Jack Wall's epic in-game score with Theme by Trent Reznor.
  • Xbox LIVE CLAW Avatar Prop - An exclusive avatar prop, deployable to a dashboard near you.
  • Xbox LIVE Zombies Avatar Costume - Show off your pride with an avatar costume built exclusively for fans of the Call of Duty undead. 
(PlayStation 3 versions include a dynamic multiplayer theme of the Turbine map as well as a dynamic Zombies theme that shows off Call of Duty: Black Ops II Zombies)

DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION (PC) SRP $79.99:
  • Call of Duty: World at War Game Download Token - A digital download of Treyarch's classic title, traversing WWII storylines from the Pacific to European theaters of war.
Meh.

Just give me a good online MP experience and I'm straight.

Last edited:
no more Elite packaged in? :x :smh: damn another $50 gotta be dropped along with whichever BO2 package. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom