Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Picked up my copy today. Anyone else find it interesting he was able to release this with no parental advisory sticker? When I popped it in my comp, itunes said "Clean" I got a little worried... but it is definitely not clean lol

I was worried for a second too.
This is 
pimp.gif
. I stayed away from that NPR stream. Definitely not disappointed.

Hold You Down 
pimp.gif

Sunrise 
pimp.gif

All The Shine 
pimp.gif

The album art reminds me of the Runaway music video in the very beginning.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Picked up my copy today. Anyone else find it interesting he was able to release this with no parental advisory sticker? When I popped it in my comp, itunes said "Clean" I got a little worried... but it is definitely not clean lol

I didn't even notice that there was no sticker on it... 
eek.gif
I was so scared when I saw it said clean...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Anybody else's card that came with the album not working??

Didn't work for me either, I sent them a message about it. I already have these songs but I want to see if they are higher quality/remastered than what I have.

I can understand why this album would be alienating to a lot of people--Culdesac had themes of aspiring toward greatness and success, but not knowing how to handle it once you got it.  Camp is more about personal identity, and that's not something everyone can relate to.  But not feeling "black" enough can really have and adverse effect on a young kid, so I understand where he's coming from.

I actually think he did a very smart thing by making this album have such themes, and it all comes together with the story at the end of "That Power."  Since this is his formal introduction to the world as a rapper, he wanted to start by telling everyone exactly who he was and the things he had to go through as a kid... because everyone's gonna find out anyway.

So, yeah, love the album, and I am not disappointed with it at all.  Except for the fact that the record store I went to was supposed to have the "Camp Gambino" button, but when I got there, they sold out. 
frown.gif

I've never heard a song from, but Tony Reali just gave him a shoutout on Around the Horn... cool story bro
tongue.gif

I've seen a lot of people actually supporting Gambino pretty awesome.

Tim Cowlishaw on Around the Horn today spit a line from Culdesac.

As far as the album is concerned.

I love it, I have 2 issues with it though.

Bonfire is a good song but it doesn't seem to fit with the flow and theme. And i wish there were about 4 more songs on the album.

Some amazing music.

I hope Heartbeat blows up for the masses.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Bonfire is a good song but it doesn't seem to fit with the flow and theme. And i wish there were about 4 more songs on the album.

Some amazing music.

NOOOOO I missed this
30t6p3b.gif
@ me

I kind of consider EP to be a preface to this album so that helps, but I know what you mean.. I've played this album non-stop and it seems to go by really quickly.

I love the album, for his official debut, this is what I expected for the most part. It's going to be very personal and a real introduction to him and varying themes will come later on, for now.. this is perfect.

Some amazing music.

he just performed it on conan last night 
pimp.gif

there's a line from LES that has been bothering me for a few days, i'm probably thinking too much into it but:

they say she got ironic tattoos on her back,

that aint ironic, ---, I love rugrats

anyone care to she some light?

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Some amazing music.

he just performed it on conan last night 
pimp.gif

there's a line from LES that has been bothering me for a few days, i'm probably thinking too much into it but:

they say she got ironic tattoos on her back,

that aint ironic, ---, I love rugrats

anyone care to she some light?
He's saying it wouldn't be done in a ironic/joking, hipster type of way... but that he actually loves the Rugrats.

Donald Glover: Weirdo stand-up premiers on Saturday 11/19 @ 11PM EST on Comedy Central?!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by bkmac

Donald Glover: Weirdo stand-up premiers on Saturday 11/19 @ 11PM EST on Comedy Central?!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Myself and a friend were there for the taping of  Weirdo, if anyone has been to the iamdonald tour show, he recycles some jokes. Overall he was hilarious.

Wow, what a great album. Been a big fan of dude for a while and I was expecting something really good but this completely surpassed my expectation. It's almost like he left all of his best work for the album. Def one of this years best. And I'm reading he's about to do anything between 40,000-50,000. Kudos to him. That's great numbers for dude.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

It's almost like he left all of his best work for the album. Def one of this years best. And I'm reading he's about to do anything between 40,000-50,000. Kudos to him. That's great numbers for dude.
smokin.gif

This. If dude saved his EP and put it on Camp this album would be a more complete work of art.
eek.gif
eek.gif
the possibiliy of him doing 50,000 w/ little to no promotion, dudes like Ace Hood doing half that

IDK why but I expect him to do more than 50K but regardless I don't really care about the sales. He really doesn't do this for the $ so i don't think it matters much.

I've been listening to the album nonstop.

Anyone else think that "You See Me" could be a MAJOR radio hit?

Picking a favorite song is so hard on this album...I think right now it might be "L.E.S." but that will change I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom