Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Eat your vegetables is SOOOOOO DOPE.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Eat your vegetables is ill. "D-Money" bombs on the track....Troy got a new persona now?

Cause this is what he looks like right now...pic from 2dbz

Originally Posted by Coolidge Effect

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Really tho
ohwell.gif

Fixed and QFT. 

I've listened to the track twice. Didn't really catch the reference/wasn't paying attention until the second time around.

He potentially ruined what I believe to be his best song, so far...
30t6p3b.gif

Ishhh was both unnecessary and disrespectful, no way around it.

I thought it was good. Little to no artists are out there talking about this in their records, and at least he put it into lyrics. Despite having a tv show he is not letting political correctness stop him. 
pimp.gif
 cool in my opinion.

The issue isn't with what he said, but how he said it. To me, at least, that "Tayyyvoonnnnn" shout sounded almost comical, as though he was making light of the situation.
Furthermore, "I die for my hood"? Really?

Dude ain't die for his hood. 

He was a victim of murder (debatable), by way of racial profiling. I'm more than sure that he (Tayvon) would have elected not to "die for his hood" had he been given the chance. That's just how I see, pardon me if you see and feel different...
ohwell.gif

Fixed and QFT. 

I've listened to the track twice. Didn't really catch the reference/wasn't paying attention until the second time around.

30t6p3b.gif

I thought it was good. Little to no artists are out there talking about this in their records, and at least he put it into lyrics. Despite having a tv show he is not letting political correctness stop him. 
pimp.gif
 cool in my opinion.

The issue isn't with what he said, but how he said it. To me, at least, that "Tayyyvoonnnnn" shout sounded almost comical, as though he was making light of the situation.

He was a victim of murder (debatable), by way of racial profiling. I'm more than sure that he (Tayvon) would have elected not to "die for his hood" had he been given the chance. That's just how I see, pardon me if you see and feel different...
ohwell.gif

"Made the beat and murdered it...Casey Anthony" was also a lyric on Bonfire.  That came out when the trial was just finished, I didn't hear anyone mad about that line.

Fixed and QFT. 

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
 cool in my opinion.

ohwell.gif

Wasn't the "I die for my hood" line a double entendre touching on how TRAYVON (forgetting the r made it hard to take your post seriously for some reason) literally was considered to look like a threat because he was wearing a hood? I haven't followed this whole murder at all so I could have those details wrong. Racial profiling it is, but that doesn't really come into play with this lyric. You can't expect someone to be sensitive to an issue just because you are. Sure, he could have meant it in a comical way. But he might have just done that because he thought the line sounded best that way.

Just saw him live 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It was way too short, his freestyle during the encore 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

will be putting up more vids/pics on my tumblr later.

tumblr_m21kscwBOl1qzth2ko1_1280.jpg

Yeah I think Gordonson hit the nail on the head, and a lot of you are just hearing that line the wrong way.
Trayvon (supposedly) died because he was wearing a hood...Hence, he died for his hood.

Originally Posted by Respect21

Was supposed to see him in Chicago, he postponed the show and I couldn't go.

Lame.
You're really mad at the fact that he had to re-schedule the show because he didn't want to perform with a broken foot, looking like this on stage? One of the best aspects of his live show is the energy he brings. Not worth it if he's hobbling around or sitting down performing...
w5nus.jpg

Originally Posted by Respect21

Was supposed to see him in Chicago, he postponed the show and I couldn't go.

Lame.

I don't think you wanted to see a show with him just hobbling around. When he stood up on the speakers at one point he was said "My doctor said I shouldn't do this, but screw it."

Eat Your Vegetables is nice. Different from what we've heard from him in the past, but it works.
pimp.gif

As for the Trayvon reference, eh, rappers do it at times. 

I saw him twice last year, and he's having a two shows in NYC this summer. I'm not sure if I'll go, but right now I doubt I will.

Back
Top Bottom