Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

A GANGSTA GRILLZ :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Why is Royalty never included in this " I miss the old Gambino" talk. Royalty was flames, it was what totally won me over as a fan.

So many grade A verses on there.

Last edited:
Royalty is this dude's best project so far. I feel like he can make something up to par or better, but ehhhhh....I don't know

Because Gambino hasn't changed much since then. He's matured quite a bit since Culdesac/EP/Camp. As someone who was rocking with the movement since before EP, I'm not mad at the progression at all. I feel like he's maintained what was most enjoyable about him back then as he went while improving what could've been considered drawbacks.

Last edited:
What are some favs from Royalty? Lets go with favorite 3  to keep the list short cause this tape was too nice

One Up

Won't Stop

Black Faces

Throw that Toxic in there just cause Danny
pimp.gif

Even though I hate that Beck verse

Honestly its so hard to pick three, honorable mention goes to Arragement, RIP, and American Royalty, three songs where Bino spazzed but the features were ehh/bad. Honestly those three songs have verses that I like better than the Black Faces one even though its dope, the features just ruin it.

Black Faces
It May Be Glamour
RIP
Make It Go Right
American Royalty
:pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Because Gambino hasn't changed much since then. He's matured quite a bit since Culdesac/EP/Camp. As someone who was rocking with the movement since before EP, I'm not mad at the progression at all. I feel like he's maintained what was most enjoyable about him back then as he went while improving what could've been considered drawbacks.

No, no. He should continuosly play it safe, and recreate what has worked for him in the past, over and over again, and dish out music that eventually becomes stale to his listeners.

What are some favs from Royalty? Lets go with favorite 3  to keep the list short cause this tape was too nice

One Up
Won't Stop
Black Faces

Throw that Toxic in there just cause Danny:pimp:  

Shoulda Known, Unnecessary, and Make it Go Right. The entire mixtape was too dope. I'll have to give it a spin soon; haven't heard it in awhile.

Last edited:
Just listened to Royalty from beginning to end. It and Camp are 1A and 1B in terms of his best work.

Peep the bottom

With Jaden Smith as "The Boy"

Another story type tape possibly?
It kinda seems like there's gonna be two different themes to the tape hopefully it's half Royalty "Gangsta Grillz" style and the other half "EP/Camp" style with some tracks from Jaden.

I feel like Becuase the Internet was a grown-up version of Camp so idk bout missing that Gambino but I'm kinda tired of dude telling stories.

ahhhhh :lol: fasho good lookin fam. I'm halfway through the gambino interview and it's definitely nice to step away from that pseudo-depressed character he was parading (btw can't believe it's coming to a year since BTI). Can't wait to see how his music translates

Because the Internet is one of my fav albums, ever. Liked it more than all of his other releases. Dude has come such a long way since Culdesac. 

And that freestyle was meannnnn.

Back
Top Bottom