OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Can you guys recommend me some good Superman comics?~
Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Death of Superman is always a classic. [/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]World Without a Superman is good as well.[/color]

Won't lie, have not kept up with Superman recently and especially not after the New 52. Don't really like Supes much to be honest. I forgot about Red Son cuz I was thinking of stories in continuity but that's a really good what if. I'd probably say read the big Crisis events, focusing on Superboy/man Prime.

Oh and Superman Red/Superman Blue is an interesting read
laugh.gif
That's late 90s though.
Originally Posted by donmega

Originally Posted by ravenclaw67

anybody here a Mark Millar fan? got any questions for him you guys wanted asked?
When's the Hit Girl series gon' come out?
Will there be a Nemesis movie? When will it release? #%$+ DC for holding up the movie and claiming Nemesis was too much like Batman right?

Will there be a Wanted 2? Are you still involved with the re-writing for the script of Wanted 2?

After the Hit Girl series what is the plan for the future of Kick-+%+ and Hit-Girl?

Want to ask about Supercrooks but I doubt he'll spoil it for me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Finally found a comic book shop near me. Brought "I Kill Giants" and "Avengers Illuminati"

yum.  On another note Magik semi-sorta handing dr. strange his #!% in the new Avs.X ....damnb

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Finally found a comic book shop near me. Brought "I Kill Giants" and "Avengers Illuminati"

yum.  On another note Magik semi-sorta handing dr. strange his #!% in the new Avs.X ....damnb
That was ill.
Spoiler [+]
That whole switcharoo 
eek.gif

I'm thinking about reading Alan Moore's Miracleman.

I know it's pretty much viewed as a classic, but does anyone have some personal opinions?

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Thanks ATGD7154xBBxMZ, anymore recent ones?~
All Star Superman by Grant Morrison is one of the best Superman stories ever. Superman Kryptonite is also good

Originally Posted by PLVN

I'm thinking about reading Alan Moore's Miracleman.

I know it's pretty much viewed as a classic, but does anyone have some personal opinions?
I actually started reading that like a week or two ago (been on my list for a while and I've been reading other stuff in between). I think I got some Gaiman issues so I have around 25 to read but it's good so far and I already spoiled myself to find out why it's viewed as a classic and story wise I can see why it had an impact and changed how writers approach superheroes in more realistic ways. It may not impact the average reader today but at the time I can see how it changed things. All the characters are developed well and the revealing of secrets kept me interested throughout.

I finished reading all of Irredeemable like yesterday and it was really good. I really had fun trying to apply it to Superman for obvious reasons and other all powerful superheroes. It just makes sense how a superhero could end up going down that road. Waid did a good job of fleshing out the Plutonian's story and the hows and whys of everything. The dude was just too flawed, I think about it and I see myself having no problem letting go or secretly letting go. Started reading Incorruptible just cuz it seems the two should be a pair since this tells the opposite kind of story. I'd recommend everyone check them out.

So, the Iron Patriot armor is going to be in Iron Man 3. I'm interested in how this person obtains Stark tech.~

I'm gonna read that annual when I get a chance. Correct me if i'm wrong but is Marvel and DC bringing back the annuals? I haven't seen them done in a couple years or I just missed them.

It's a dope move.

Just read through the new wolverine comics and what can I say...dude just cannot catch a break. Marvel is really pushing this guys healing factor. I like how their just having Logan admit that he likes killing and x-force is his way to satiate that hunger.

Deadpool is doing him...when did he get pretty though? Is it a holo face like what nightcrawler had?

The phoenix force tied into kun lun and iron fist was pretty
pimp.gif
....hopefully with all the teaser images of AvX they really flesh out that story.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Anyone read the Batman Annual with Freeze??
eek.gif
story was dope the ending
eek.gif

Anyone else?
I was planning to go get it when I go cop the first Before Watchmen: Minutemen issue on Wednesday. Anything Batman that's written by Scott Snyder is a must cop imo. Still looking forward to Batman #10.

Yeah, they're bringing back the annuals since I can't recall annuals for certain titles last year. Spider-Man annual dropped same time as Batman, there's a Thor annual out there too.

Picked up AvX 5... pretty cool ending. I'm re-reading House of M, Civil War, and Secret Invasion and damn the artwork in this series is pretty horrible compared.
Picked up the before Watchmen comic. I just bought the Watchmen trade so I'l read that first.

Also just got caught up on all the Batman issues. The story is terrific... the Court of Owls are a great adversary. The "War Suit"
pimp.gif

Attacking Wayne Mansion
eek.gif

issue 10 comes out next week

Thief of Thieves is an alright comic so far... The artwork is the thing that really stands out.

Picked up AvX 5... pretty cool ending. I'm re-reading House of M, Civil War, and Secret Invasion and damn the artwork in this series is pretty horrible compared.
Picked up the before Watchmen comic. I just bought the Watchmen trade so I'l read that first.

Also just got caught up on all the Batman issues. The story is terrific... the Court of Owls are a great adversary. The "War Suit"
pimp.gif

Attacking Wayne Mansion
eek.gif

issue 10 comes out next week

Thief of Thieves is an alright comic so far... The artwork is the thing that really stands out.
I agree with everything you said. I've read only Batman stuff of the new 52 and its 
pimp.gif

AvX 1-4 was pretty good. Seeing if I can get 5 as we speak

Picked up Batman #10, Spider-Men, and new Watchmen

The story of Batman
eek.gif
wow incredible.
I dont want to spoil anything until more of you read it. Terrific writing.

Spider-Men was meh, nothing special... We will see how it ends up

Can anyone help me understand Batman in the new 52 because it makes no Damn sense.
Batman has only been batman for 6 years and we have a ten year old Damian? The timeline is stupid with this stupid reboot

milestailsprowe wrote:
Can anyone help me understand Batman in the new 52 because it makes no Damn sense.
Batman has only been batman for 6 years and we have a ten year old Damian? The timeline is stupid with this stupid reboot
Just the other day I was reading about how when the new 52 started the solo titles were isolated compared to the team books like the JL for instance. Rolling time lines like Marvel and DC had were one thing but once they start giving you dates to go buy it makes no sense.

I'd suggest you just ignore it even when they don't explain it. They just forced this Robin on us for the dynamic of him being Bruce's son. They still haven't cleared up what events did and did not occur pre Flashpoint and I don't think they ever will. Besides 10 years from now Damian will probably still be 10 or maybe 13 (unless they reboot again).

Back
Top Bottom