OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Hmm try starting when Cyclops and Wolverine split up the team and maybe the beginning of the Avengers storyline after the Fear Itself arc? If you really want a full understanding on what is going on in the main X-Men universe. Read the trades Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming. Others may have a better suggestion on where to start, but I think these are good places to start.

If there any NYC comic book heads especially batman heads, there is a batman manga exhibit at that museum of comic and cartoon art near prince street in soho. I'm going today so maybe i'll post up some pics later. runs until mid april I think.

^^^take pics for us westcoasters
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Half of Marvels Releases seem to be X-men and worth AvsX I'm lost. I haven't read X-men outside of Ultimate Xmen so where do I start?
Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Hmm try starting when Cyclops and Wolverine split up the team and maybe the beginning of the Avengers storyline after the Fear Itself arc? If you really want a full understanding on what is going on in the main X-Men universe. Read the trades Messiah Complex, Messiah War, and Second Coming. Others may have a better suggestion on where to start, but I think these are good places to start.
This is about right but if you really have no clue and want to get all the earlier info just start from House of M so you can understand why the X-Men and mutants are in the situation they're in now and go from there. Might have to read Avengers Disassembled too.

Anyone have anything to say about Astonishing X-Men? I hear the newest issue is "a new start for Astonishing X-Men" according to ign. Thinking about starting to read this series.

Originally Posted by sevenzro1

Anyone going to the Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle this weekend?
no but if i were you  I would try to get my hands on a copy of the hard cover walking dead compendium. Seattle exclusive.

564673_10150640056438693_500208692_9556570_2113554086_n.jpg

garbage pic from my phone, but these are my shoeboxes full of comic books, all bagged and boarded. 278 in all

I got this commision piece done this weekend at the Emerald City Comicon drawn by Erik Larsen.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Anyone have anything to say about Astonishing X-Men? I hear the newest issue is "a new start for Astonishing X-Men" according to ign. Thinking about starting to read this series.
Don't know if they've already done it yet but by saying that I think they mean that the book is going over to Wolverine's side since the issues before were before Regeneisis.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

eek.gif
the endng to Kick-!$@
Yup
Very good ending. Definitely surprised with Hit-Girl too. I'll probably be picking up her title when she comes out.
Iono what it was, but I just felt like *#@@ got too ridiculous and rushed?
I mean the art...every page is a cover, but just the story and writing...
I get Kick-%%* is balls to the wall, but it just felt kinda goofy and a step down from the 1st one.
Or....maybe I'm taking it too seriously.
laugh.gif

Has anyone read Saga? Just came out last week and it's pretty good. Written by Brian K. Vaughn Check it out.

same dude who made Y: The Last Man ... add that to my list.

I kinda understand what you're saying. %!*$ got too real too fast for me. It reads better if you reread Kick-!!+ again before you get to part 2. The way the deaths were racking up and the scope of other crazy ppl putting on costumes was a bit much.

Alright Gents, what's a good "store" to buy Absolute's and these Marvel books.  I've been getting them on Amazon.  I have a bookcase in the living room that I need to fill.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

I can't pick up new comics till friday
30t6p3b.gif

What everyone opinion on the new Venom?
I pulled the first story arc of the series and I liked it. Is Remender still writing for Venom?

That circle of four story line was okay....nothing to really remember. I mean what it really was was giving these new incarnations of each character a chance to meet up and have their own team ups, new venom, new hulk, new ghost rider, new wolverine sorta...

I like each new incarnation...kinda worried about the new ghost rider but they got blaze in there as a back up if she fizzles they can always make a storyline of her transfering her powers back to johhny...

I always considered comic books to be the modern mythology of our day and age, but all of the reboots seem to be ruining that for me, thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom