OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

ok guys. my wife got me an ipad air for my birthday.

I just got the Marvel Unlimited....what should I be reading?

I stopped altogether reading comics in 1995-ish...

Do you recommend a series? A run? I need to know. I spent last night just reading approximately 15 random comics just killing time.

Also, does DC have something of this nature...?

Do you recommend a series? A run? I need to know. I spent last night just reading approximately 15 random comics just killing time.

Yes dc does . I bought an air last month an have been going crazy on the books . From marvel I have age of ultron, marvel uni vs punisher, civil war, messiah complex, old man Logan, x vs a , and contemplating on getting dead pool and cable collected series. On dc I got death of the family , night of owls, kingdom come, and death of superman.

Yes dc does . I bought an air last month an have been going crazy on the books . From marvel I have age of ultron, marvel uni vs punisher, civil war, messiah complex, old man Logan, x vs a , and contemplating on getting dead pool and cable collected series. On dc I got death of the family , night of owls, kingdom come, and death of superman.

I can not find it. I have been poking around their website and can't find anything as far as a "annual membership, read what you want" subscription.

that's a nice tat dude
That's that Alex Ross Cap?
smokin.gif
yessir!  and thanks fellas.  I got this on the inside of my arm, and the Hulk on the outside.  Its gonna make for a dope Avengers sleeve, up next is Nick Fury, the artist was super excited about tatting him

If your into The Punisher check out Trial Of The Punisher that just started recently.

Also Punisher Max is awesome.

Trying to cut my comics spending down but that was taken care of when Venom and Scarlet Spider was cancelled for whatever stupid reason. Now I"m trying out Alex +Ada and Sex Criminals

Inhumanity: The Awakening 1
Nova 11
Thunderbolts 19
Superior Foes of Spidey 6
A+X 19
Avengers A.I. 7
Mighty Avengers 4
Cap America LL 4
Marvel Knights Hulk 1
ASM 700.2
TWD 118
Invincible 107

Probably gonna check that Wolverine MAX trade.

Trying to cut my comics spending down but that was taken care of when Venom and Scarlet Spider was cancelled for whatever stupid reason. Now I"m trying out Alex +Ada and Sex Criminals
Kaine and Arcely will be in the New Warriors launching next year and Venom will eventually be in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the Cataclysm reading order? It's kinda hard for me to follow.

Nah NT fam Wolverine Max is straight GARBAGE.

Stay away from it.I read the first 3 issues and was just :smh:

I gave them away to a teenage kid in my neighborhood.

Inhumanity: The Awakening 1
Nova 11
Thunderbolts 19
Superior Foes of Spidey 6
A+X 19
Avengers A.I. 7
Mighty Avengers 4
Cap America LL 4
Marvel Knights Hulk 1
ASM 700.2
TWD 118
Invincible 107

Probably gonna check that Wolverine MAX trade.
Kaine and Arcely will be in the New Warriors launching next year and Venom will eventually be in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Are you sure thats venom in the guardians cover? If i had to guess who thag silhouette was i would guess deathlok.

This drops on Christmas eve:

Official Press Release

Marvel Unveils Special Acetate Cover for ORIGIN II #1

Get ready for Marvel’s most ambitious cover treatment yet! In celebration of the landmark Origin II series, which unveils the mysterious mutant’s storied past, Marvel is giving Origin II #1 the red carpet treatment with a special acetate cover. Gorgeously rendered by superstar artist Adam Kubert, this unique cover features an ominous base layer underneath a second acetate layer of the clawed mutant entering the fray! Click here to see the cover in action on Marvel.com.

“With this year’s special December 24th on-sale date, we wanted to give retailers a cover that really popped off the shelves,” said Marvel’s SVP of Publishing Sales, David Gabriel. “With this acetate treatment and marquee position as one of the only two Marvel Comics on sale that week, we’re positive that no reader can miss—or resist – Origin II #1!”

In anticipation of this cover’s immense popularity, Marvel will have plenty of copies available for retailer orders to appease customer's demands! Select retailers will receive a cover preview sheet before this item’s FOC date, and attendees at Marvel’s New York City Comic-Con Retailer Breakfast presentation will receive a free cover preview sheet as well.

“The first acetate cover I ever saw was on Marvels and it blew my mind. We’re looking to do the same thing with this cover to Origin II,” said X-Men Senior Editor Nick Lowe. “Adam Kubert is a living comic book legend and this cover demonstrates that out of the gate. Top it off with Frank Martin’s delicious colors? The rendering, the concept and the surprise that readers will get when they lift the top layer of the cover drives home what a can’t-miss event Origin II is.”

Set a few years after the events of Origin, Origin II finds James Howlett running with the wolves…until something unexpected brings him back into the world of men! Follow the first “X-Man” as he finds his way back to civilization and falls afoul of someone Sinister, who’s just discovering mutantkind and the horrors he can visit on them. Written by comic superstar Kieron Gillen and drawn by industry legend Adam Kubert, Origin II #1 continues the proud tradition of revealing Wolverine’s shocking history in the highest quality possible!

ORIGIN II #1 (OCT130650)
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Art & Acetate Cover by ADAM KUBERT
FOC – 11/4/13, ON-SALE – 12/24/13

Source:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47873

anyone wanna recommend me one pretty cool graphic novel that's fairly new? preferably in either the x-men or spiderman universe.. thanks fambs.

thanks fellas....keep them coming

I'm probably pretty different from most of the regulars in here but here are a couple I love/ follow or have followed since getting my iPad 2 back in 2011

Y The Last man (my fav series of all time after spidey)
Ultimate Spiderman
Walking Dead (although its gotten pretty slow as of lately)
Invincible
Chew
Superior Spiderman
Batman, The new 52
Ex Machina
SAGA (one of my fav on going series)
Sweet Tooth
Age oF Ultron
Hawkeye (haven't actually started this but I hear good things about it)
Superman Earth One
America's Got Powers
Jupiter's Legacy
Kick-***

That writer for Y the last man and Saga is 
pimp.gif

Currently on the 6th or 7th book of Y.  Comic books are so frustrating tho, gotta wait weeks just to read a few pages?  I'll wait until Saga is done to read it.

any marvel graphic novels you guys suggest?
I'm a big Hulk fan and would also like to read up on Venom or the ther symbiotes

I own World War Hulk, Planet Hulk, Hulk The End, and Civil War

is Avengers vs Xmen worth picking up?

Back
Top Bottom