OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I like some of DC. I had read the preview and that was about it.

I'll check it out when it's all done I guess.

started a MARVEL VS DC club at my middle school...

now the department wants to buy MARVEL and DC books for the classroom... any suggestions?

now the department wants to buy MARVEL and DC books for the classroom... any suggestions?

middle school aged kids?

Thor the Mighty Avenger – Roger Langridge & Chris Samnee
Brian Michael Bendis's Ultimate Spiderman
The Batman Adventures: Mad Love
DC The New Frontier
Geoff Johns - Teen Titans
Young Justice - A League of Their Own
Brian K Vaughns - Runaways

non marvel/DC that I highly recommend for midsdle school aged kids
Bone- Jeff Smith

If you want more classic stuff don't go pre 70's, they probably wont get it and don't past 80's because stuff starts becoming very adult post Dark Knight returns/watchmen.

John Byrnes Fantastic Four run.
John Byrne's Superman run
Marv Wolfman's The New Teen Titans
Neal Adams Batman: Tales of the Demon

That's dope man :pimp:

What books do you read / what do you and your friends usually discuss when talking comics?

It could help us all gage what is age appropriate a little more and come up with recommendations.

Starting to read all the X-Men comics. Any suggestions on a reading order??
All? :rofl: Good luck. Even I stopped and just skipped to the 90s and read up to the present.

Start from the beginning in chronological order. It'll be relatively easy for the first 15 years of books but the mid 70s are gonna be a lot and then the 80s and 90s are going to kick your ***. but it'll be dope :smokin

All?
roll.gif
Good luck. Even I stopped and just skipped to the 90s and read up to the present.

Start from the beginning in chronological order. It'll be relatively easy for the first 15 years of books but the mid 70s are gonna be a lot and then the 80s and 90s are going to kick your ***. but it'll be dope
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
 Nah I started from the mid 70s. Is that still ridiculous? Where would I start if I skipped straight to the 90s

All? :rofl: Good luck. Even I stopped and just skipped to the 90s and read up to the present.

Start from the beginning in chronological order. It'll be relatively easy for the first 15 years of books but the mid 70s are gonna be a lot and then the 80s and 90s are going to kick your ***. but it'll be dope :smokin
:lol:  Nah I started from the mid 70s. Is that still ridiculous? Where would I start if I skipped straight to the 90s
1991's X-Men (think it's vol. 2) and Uncanny X-Men #1s

Picked up one of the variant covers for Death of Wolverine. About to read it.

I'm gonna read through the latest Wolverine series before I start this up, even though I heard it wasn't anything special. Excited to read this though, Soule has been killing it on Red Lanterns :pimp:

Last edited:
I remember seeing people start to get up in arms about it. so funny to me, go get on nicki minaj's anaconda video and yell at her.

Like he said stop demonizing what is the most human aspect of humanity.

I remember seeing people start to get up in arms about it. so funny to me, go get on nicki minaj's anaconda video and yell at her.

Like he said stop demonizing what is the most human aspect of humanity.
Hardcore comic fans act like petulant children. They got new foes with these comic fans who are hardcore progressivists. Dudes go so hard on the feminism and anti-sexism they want to eliminate a female drawn in any sort of sexual type way entirely. There's a groups going hard for racism and discrimination as well :smh:

Getting to the point I just ignore all of the online arguments. The negativity is insufferable.

Did they cancel that Spider-Woman #1 variant?

...lowkey, I'm definitely coppin it if not :pimp:

Nope. No reason to either. Milo been doing his art that way for what's about to be 40 years.

This is just an overreaction and oversensitivity by a group of ppl seeking attention of an "accomplishment". They basically do this to any perceived slight, so they're batting averages aren't what they would be if they went after the right injustices and prejudices.

I read the whole thing. It could've been better but I'd say it was good. When I started I expected a bit more for the ending but this seemed more about changing a few things and getting from point a to point b for a few characters.

Reveals for Fury was cool, the mini about Iron Man and Hulk that spun out of this was good, same for the Thor and Loki mini, etc. Interested to see where things go for the Orb. Didn't like that the other group Fury recruited and who were candidates didn't have more screen time after all coming together, I wanted more "sins" revealed within the main title for bigger aftermath.

All I can say it was good but I expected more (without spoiling a whole lot). Art was amazing though.

Back
Top Bottom