OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Yeah i think he looks terrible without the trunks from a design perspective, it adds balance and harmony to the entire outfit. the costume doens't work without the red trunks.

but im a design nerd.

and they added these pointless lines and ridiculous collar. terrible.:x

I understan spiderwomans boob emphasizing skin tight thing needed an update I just don't think it looks good, too much "clothes" not enough "costume".

I can dig the new look

Overall, I'm very pleased with Marvel de-sexualizing females in the comic book world

I mean look at this

compared to

You're going to get more female fans that way. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel series are doing well right now.

Just happy to have comics coming out that my little sister can read

Speaking of female-lead comics...

The new Thor has been dope despite people thinking it was only a gimmick :pimp:

I can dig the new look

Overall, I'm very pleased with Marvel de-sexualizing females in the comic book world

I mean look at this

You're going to get more female fans that way. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel series are doing well right now.

the de-sexualizing I understand but at the same time when I think a super hero man or woman. I'm thinkin of the muscularity of Superman, Hulk ,
the agile cut up look of Spiderman/ Gambit.
and for woman I think of Jim lee's adaptation of the women.

Like the big boobs thing I get is to sexual, but when I think of the rest of their bodies. and a woman either fighting or pulling me out of rubble I think of those type of designs.

I think real life application, think of female mma or female physique competitors.

thats not saying concepts like spider womans is bad. but someone who has a bit of strength and can fight i think of more muscles more cuts. and the first pic depicted that well aside from the boobs.

Yeah i think he looks terrible without the trunks from a design perspective, it adds balance and harmony to the entire outfit. the costume doens't work without the red trunks.

but im a design nerd.

and they added these pointless lines and ridiculous collar. terrible.:x
I think the problem is the pointless lines and the outline that just makes it appear to be blue underwear instead of red. The updated Batman costumes don't have that same issue.

I'm happy Spider-Man's red and blue scheme never had this problem.

Batman also better with black trunks, and also has terrible unnecessary lines.

In fact basically every new 52 costum is hot garbage.

I can dig the new look

I mean look at this

the de-sexualizing I understand but at the same time when I think a super hero man or woman. I'm thinkin of the muscularity of Superman, Hulk ,
the agile cut up look of Spiderman/ Gambit.
and for woman I think of Jim lee's adaptation of the women.

Like the big boobs thing I get is to sexual, but when I think of the rest of their bodies. and a woman either fighting or pulling me out of rubble I think of those type of designs.

I think real life application, think of female mma or female physique competitors.

thats not saying concepts like spider womans is bad. but someone who has a bit of strength and can fight i think of more muscles more cuts. and the first pic depicted that well aside from the boobs.

Fair enough, bro. I can see where you are are coming from. But I think that might be where the appeal is coming from, from female readers. Lots of women can't really relate to that kind of physicallity. Maybe men can.

I think women like the idea that they can be strong without looking like they bodybuild.

That said, I can see where you are coming from. It's kinda like how I feel when I see Andrew Garfield in a skintight suit. Dude is a skinny dude who doesn't look like he can bench press 150; I was always partial to Toby's more ripped physique. That's how I felt Spider Man should really look like.

When it comes to girls I don't need them to be that muscular. If they look fit and toned that's fine with me, and I can believe that they are a superhero. But I also wouldn't object if they were more muscular.

The problem is the only way to depict muscles is to show skin or to make the suit skintight, and I don't think there's really a way to avoid sexualizing the female figure that way.

Figured I'd ask here since I don't know of any comic sites really. How much would this fetch me?

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet (you all probably have :lol:) but they did something really genius that added a whole new dimension to the story. Brilliant stuff. And to think, DC didn't want to allow it at first.

Last edited:
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet (you all probably have :lol:) but they did something really genius that added a whole new dimension to the story. Brilliant stuff. And to think, DC didn't want to allow it at first.
The next Joker storyline is good too. Batman in general is really good.

Figured I'd ask here since I don't know of any comic sites really. How much would this fetch me?

a lot more if it gets made into a tv show,

other than that buying comics on the idea that they will increase in value is pretty silly.

I didn't buy it cause of that, I actually like the series so far. I bought it cause a coworker of mine who's into comics asked me if I wanted to go to midtown with him cause he was gonna get into the series since he's a big Kirkman/ Walking dead fan so I tagged along.

I was asking cause since it's being made into a show, seeing how popular Walking dead is, I kind of wanted to see what it'd be worth now compared to what it might be later on if the show gets big since it's the first print and whatnot.

Yeah, I'm trying to get caught up on the series. I head Death of a Family is crazy.

Is there a site to purchase prints of comic covers? Specifically Skottie Young's variants? I asked him personally and he said his store won't be open until he moves. I really want his Star Wars variant to hang on the wall.

Actually didn't like Death of the Family at all. Made me take a break from the book.

it's hard for me to keep up with the new 52 batman stuff...

read all of court of owls...

read zero year secret city...

anybody have any other recommendations ...?

it's hard for me to keep up with the new 52 batman stuff...

read all of court of owls...

read zero year secret city...

anybody have any other recommendations ...?

As far as Batman, there have only been 5 trades to release so far, 4 story arcs. All you are missing is Death of the Family & Zero Year- Dark City (second part to zero year). Now they are 3 issues into the 5th arc: Endgame.

For other recommendations, give us something to work with.... Some characters, books you've liked in the past, or even a movie/tv show you really liked. With that info, it'll be easy for people to recommend you books they like that they think you'll enjoy as well.

Back
Top Bottom