OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I never really cared for him either way cuz he was boring. Same with Cap imo but I don't dislike Cyke for anything he's done recently. He's just got some decent focus and interesting take on him since M-Day. I always thought there was potential for him after he was possessed by Apocalypse after The Twelve event but writers ignored that and just wiped it all away. Then Morrison wrote him like he was a vagina as he was elevating the female characters.

My one reason to like dude now is they've basically been writing him as a mini Magneto. If you've been reading UXM he been said if it takes doing all that bad **** to protect mutants and reverse the decimation he'd do it all with a smile. Now I haven't read AvX in depth (I've been waiting until it finished) but I know the ending and this was all Cap's fault. He was so stubborn and arrogant he caused all that bloodshed. From Wakanda to what just happened with the whole world feeling Dark Phoenix Cyke's wrath. Cyke was the one with faith in Hope, Cap wanted to hide her away. Then Iron Man thinks he has it figured out but just creates the P5 and by the end of this it's Stark who has to have faith in Hope and Wanda to save the day cuz he just isn't smart enough to solve the problem. That right there is kinda bs to me, whole event wouldn't happened if ppl listened to Cyke from the jump.

I don't like when he acts like a douche though, especially to other X-Men, he comes off more bullheaded. I liked the days when he would give Wolverine orders and he'd ignore them, Havok would always argue with him, and Storm was shown to be the far superior leader. Hope Storm takes over the mutant race.

Last edited:
I never really cared for him either way cuz he was boring. Same with Cap imo but I don't dislike Cyke for anything he's done recently. He's just got some decent focus and interesting take on him since M-Day. I always thought there was potential for him after he was possessed by Apocalypse after The Twelve event but writers ignored that and just wiped it all away. Then Morrison wrote him like he was a vagina as he was elevating the female characters.
My one reason to like dude now is they've basically been writing him as a mini Magneto. If you've been reading UXM he been said if it takes doing all that bad **** to protect mutants and reverse the decimation he'd do it all with a smile. Now I haven't read AvX in depth (I've been waiting until it finished) but I know the ending and this was all Cap's fault. He was so stubborn and arrogant he caused all that bloodshed. From Wakanda to what just happened with the whole world feeling Dark Phoenix Cyke's wrath. Cyke was the one with faith in Hope, Cap wanted to hide her away. Then Iron Man thinks he has it figures out but just creates the P5 and by the end of this it's Stark who has to have faith in Hope and Wanda to save the day cuz he just isn't smart enough to solve the problem. That right there is kinda bs to me, whole event wouldn't happened if ppl listened to Cyke from the jump.
I don't like when he acts like a douche though, especially to other X-Men, he comes off more bullheaded. I liked the days when he would give Wolverine orders and he'd ignore them, Havok would always argue with him, and Storm was shown to be the far superior leader. Hope Storm takes over the mutant race.
The only time I can remember actually liking Cyclops was in the first few volumes of the "Astonishing X-Men" (the run written by Joss Whedon). He's still a bit of a douche in this run but a lot more insight is given on why he is chosen by Proffessor X to be the leader of the X-Men.

My one reason to like dude now is they've basically been writing him as a mini Magneto. If you've been reading UXM he been said if it takes doing all that bad **** to protect mutants and reverse the decimation he'd do it all with a smile. Now I haven't read AvX in depth (I've been waiting until it finished) but I know the ending and this was all Cap's fault. He was so stubborn and arrogant he caused all that bloodshed. From Wakanda to what just happened with the whole world feeling Dark Phoenix Cyke's wrath. Cyke was the one with faith in Hope, Cap wanted to hide her away. Then Iron Man thinks he has it figures out but just creates the P5 and by the end of this it's Stark who has to have faith in Hope and Wanda to save the day cuz he just isn't smart enough to solve the problem. That right there is kinda bs to me, whole event wouldn't happened if ppl listened to Cyke from the jump.

well put. thought I was the only person that never liked Captain America & Cyclops

Last edited:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention Whedon bringing Scott's status up a bit after Morrison. Still didn't completely like him though.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of fan faves I don't particularly like or don't care for. Same kinda goes for Thor, never was interested enough in him. Ever since Civil War I don't like Stark much either, the movies are his only saving grace.

3 guys I really don't like from Marvel are Hank Pym, Johnny Storm, and Hawkeye.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Whedon bringing Scott's status up a bit after Morrison. Still didn't completely like him though.
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of fan faves I don't particularly like or don't care for. Same kinda goes for Thor, never was interested enough in him. Ever since Civil War I don't like Stark much either, the movies are his only saving grace.

LOL you just named the douchebag trio.

There's only 2 or 3 full time X-men team members I like and that's Colossus, Iceman and Storm.

Marvel Universe side as a whole? I'm rolling with Peter Parker even if it means I'm going to die and a really messed up way. (son has horrible luck when it comes to friends and loved ones)

And that leads me to this question: Is Peter Parker the Heart & Soul of the Marvel Universe?

Let the human race go on the brink of extinction Cap ,Tony and Reed would do the exact thing. Cyclops was taking neccesary steps to insure his race survival. Humanity only saw them as future superheros or villians not really people. I mean these guys have no problem with Nick Fury doin his espionage and murking dudes yet when Cyclops starts killing and going after dudes who have a history of murdering mutants he is a bad guy.

There's only 2 or 3 full time X-men team members I like and that's Colossus, Iceman and Storm.
Marvel Universe side as a whole? I'm rolling with Peter Parker even if it means I'm going to die and a really messed up way. (son has horrible luck when it comes to friends and loved ones)
And that leads me to this question: Is Peter Parker the Heart & Soul of the Marvel Universe?

I would say it's a definite yes.

I dunno but I've always liked Cyclops, I might even go that far as to say he's my most favorite "X" character of all time. Prolly because he's such a boy scout or something. I was never a Logan fan, so him being Logan's rival might make the connection.

The only time I somewhat didn't like him that much was during the early 90's X-Men cartoon. Not sure why, but it might be the way he was drawn or something. And I remember my dad used to draw me portraits of Cyclops back then as well.

Does anyone in here read "The Sixth Gun" by Cullen Bunn? It's an old west story revolving around six guns with supernatural powers. The art is pretty decent and the story just keeps getting better and more expansive.

man nov. looks intense for marvel.....still havent seen anything on avenger arena as far as release date

Does anyone in here read "The Sixth Gun" by Cullen Bunn? It's an old west story revolving around six guns with supernatural powers. The art is pretty decent and the story just keeps getting better and more expansive.

Sounds interesting, gon' check this one out. Thanks for the info!

still havent seen anything on avenger arena as far as release date

your shop hasn't been getting the Marvel NOW preview mags (they have checklists in the back for each week of releases)?

but to answer your question,

Avengers Arena #1 - 12/12/12
Avengers Arena #2 - 12/19/12

Last edited:
1349466483.jpg

:pimp: Hickman's New Avengers = Illuminati

He definitely is. Editorial knows it and from time to time hint or harp on it. Word to Spidey being the guy to "train" Hope in AvX. From time to time somebody from the future will make a remark off topic mention about Spidey being the greatest hero in the world and stuff like that. I mean hell it's why the death of the Ultimate version was a big deal. The more Stan wrote him the more he became the heart and soul of the MU and that just continued with his success and what other writers brought to the character.
Once I heard he was taking over Venom after Remender and did some Wolverine issues (and is ending it as writer before the relaunch) word of mouth on him put me on to his other work. I plan on checking The Sixth Gun when I get some room on the pull list.

Last edited:
your shop hasn't been getting the Marvel NOW preview mags (they have checklists in the back for each week of releases)?
but to answer your question,
Avengers Arena #1 - 12/12/12
Avengers Arena #2 - 12/19/12
yea they said dec. but no exact dates, but thank you my man!!! 

copped avengers academy issue one and i like the characters will get more issues this week along with uncanny avengers, and A+X

A vs. X was AWESOME, hated scott summers in this whole series lol looking forward to see what they do with the story line after this

Hit-Girl Issues #3, #4, and #5 variant covers (5 is the final issue of the mini-series)

which pays homage to Elektra Assassin #1

Drops tomorrow, many stores are hosting Launch Parties for this (Free poster and all that jive)

Uncanny Avengers (2012) #1

...and The Walking Dead #103 the following week (Oct. 17th)

Last edited:
getting a steal on 6 variant covers of Uncanny Avengers #1 @ my local shop @ midnight. prob will keep the Deadpool, Marvel Babies, & Sara Pichelli ones

will post pic of the others when I get home & if you want one, inbox me for a price

P.S. the Joker "mask" overlay/cover for Batman #13 (drops tomorrow) is FIRE! got a sneak peek of it earlier today when I pre-oredered the UA set

Last edited:
getting a steal on 6 variant covers of Uncanny Avengers #1 @ my local shop @ midnight. prob will keep the Deadpool, Marvel Babies, & Sara Pichelli ones
will post pic of the others when I get home & if you want one, inbox me for a price
P.S. the Joker "mask" overlay/cover for Batman #13 (drops tomorrow) is FIRE! got a sneak peek of it earlier today when I pre-oredered the UA set

They're literally going to have 20 variant covers of Uncanny Avengers #1 alone

Here's a variant of Avengers #1....Oppan Gangnam Style! :pimp:

^ I got 6 of the rarest ones, including the Deadpool "Call Me Maybe" variant (only available to shops doing a midnight party tonight). I've seen the art for all of em & only would KEEP 3-5 of em

^ I got 6 of the rarest ones, including the Deadpool "Call Me Maybe" variant (only available to shops doing a midnight party tonight). I've seen the art for all of em & only would KEEP 3-5 of em

I haven't seen all of them, and I would pass on 4 of the ones I have seen. I would want that Deadpool and the Baby variants (might know a shop nearby that'll be hosting a launch party) but I'm not tripping if I don't get any of them. Big ups on those 6 rare ones :smokin

Update:

Finished Reading:
Kick-*** ( 1-8 ) Loved it
Kick-*** 2 (1-7) Very shocking comic
Hit-Girl (First 3) Don't mess with Hit-GIrl
Nine Rings of Wu-Tang (0-5) Released back in 1999, and canceled after Issue #5
Thief of Thieves (1-9) This will be a very interesting comic-book (ongoing)
Happy #1 Interesting comic
Nemesis (1-4) Probably one of the best comics I've ever read (movie coming out)
Avenging Spider-man (1-12) First 2 were good, and my favorite was #12 with Deadpool (ongoing)
Avengers: X-Sanction (1-4) Very good intro to Avengers vs. X-Men

New Pickups:
Avengers vs. X-Men (1-12)
Supercrooks (1-4)
Superior (1-7)
Saga (1-6)
Super Dinosaur (1-14)

HAVOK IN HE OG X-FACTOR COSTUME?!?!?!

BALLIN!

Man I hate not being able to read new comics right now.

But i'm finding some old gems here and there.

Back
Top Bottom