OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Is that issue of Legends of the Dark Knight a tie in for Death of the Family?

nope. this is a new series from DC with 2-3 Batman short stories in each issue. LoTDK will not be a part of the Death of The Family arc in any way, shape, or form

I have around 200 comics back at home but since I've been using comioxolgy i realize I can't do physical books anymore. Download the book from the app then the CBR to my desktop. Its too easy and space saving. Me buying comics now takes 3 minutes versus 1 hour of time + gas Now I just need to get rid of the comics but the favs i have

Last edited:

just got a buttlload of image stuff... bagged boarded. inventory

:nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

This Legends of The Dark Knight #2 "Crisis In Identity" is AWESOME. Really has nothing to do with Joker/DoTF

it's about
a bunch of Gotham residents dressing up as Batman, epically failing (and dying) at certain villains' hideouts. 1 fake Batman opens a sewer lid & gets his head bitten off by Killer Croc :lol:

Last edited:
How was Iron Man #1? I'm thinking I may trade wait it. Him and Thor I've never been a huge fan of comics wise, was thinking I might change that.

Last edited:
How was Iron Man #1? I'm thinking I made trade wait it. Him and Thor I've never been a huge fan of comics wise, was thinking I might change that.

surprisingly really good, the one thing that bothered me is that the artist has a problem drawing eyes :lol:

But overall, it's great, all of the Marvel NOW series that I've read are pretty damn good.

Ok, I figured it'd be good cuz og KG writing and I question how Land draws anyway. He copy and pastes a lot of his old work.

Anyway, should've posted this weekly once this thread was made. Yall can check out previews for next week's comics http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42099 That's for Marvel

They don't all come out on the same day so I'll post the links for DC and Image and I think Valiant when they get released.

EDIT

Preview Of Batman 14 http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42099

Last edited:
nope. this is a new series from DC with 2-3 Batman short stories in each issue. LoTDK will not be a part of the Death of The Family arc in any way, shape, or form

Thanks for clarifying fam! I was just wondering because of the cover. Sounds like LOTDK is coming up strong, I'll check it out this weekend.

Last edited:
No Consequence is the aftermath

I'm so confused, what am I suppose to read after AVX.

I went through consequences 1 and it jumped into after the pheonix stuff... what was in between AVX or before that I need to know about

Don't want to confuse you more but there's also the tie-in books. If I ever miss out I usually let wikipedia guide me.

Prologue

Marvel Point One (one-shot)
Avengers vs. X-Men Program (free one-shot)
Avengers: X-Sanction #1–4
Avengers vs. X-Men #0

Core miniseries

Avengers vs. X-Men #1–12

Tie-ins

AVX: VS #1–6
Avengers vs. X-Men: Infinite #1, 6, 10
Avengers #25–30
Uncanny X-Men #11–19
New Avengers #24–30
Wolverine and the X-Men #9–16,18
Secret Avengers #26–28
X-Men: Legacy #266–270
Avengers Academy #29–33

Epilogue

AvX: Consequences #1–5

Others

A-Babies vs. X-Babies #1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AvX

AVX: VS is just the fights. The other tie-ins give some back story to the main story or pursue other parts of the story that aren't necessary for the core event.

Don't think the trades or out for everything yet and it'll be a while before the omnibus (big *** comic with all issues) for it.

Avengers vs. X-Men (12 Rounds) is first, AVX: Consequences is the aftermath
[COLOR=#red]
Just bought the AVX: it's coming (paperback)

hearing a lot about this including from you guys. we'll see.
[/COLOR]

Also beware that as expected by fans who knew, Uncanny Avengers is getting pushed back like crazy. Most likely due to the artist being unable to keep monthly schedule of 22 pages. Just kinda been leaked even issue 4 is getting pushed back to Feb. Any Marvel solicitations may be suspect for that month.

I thought they were planning this book since the beginning of the year. They should've gave Cassaday more buffer time :smh:

Also beware that as expected by fans who knew, Uncanny Avengers is getting pushed back like crazy. Most likely due to the artist being unable to keep monthly schedule of 22 pages. Just kinda been leaked even issue 4 is getting pushed back to Feb. Any Marvel solicitations may be suspect for that month.
I thought they were planning this book since the beginning of the year. They should've gave Cassaday more buffer time :smh:

Wow, I was really looking forward to this run...

Can anyone enlighten me as to how exactly cyke gets out a prison? (For Uncanny X-Men) :smh:

It's not much of a secret for Cyke's new costume, especially the visor, it's been talked about a lot and exactly how it'll work given the mask covers his eyes and the x design is covering his whole face. I put the pic in a spoiler cuz it's a new image by the artist on the book
Marvel-Announces-Marvel-NOW-Comic-Con-2012.jpeg

It really looks like he's literally a cyclops now.
What's up with Fury being black in this one? I know he wore that as a costume once, but what's the story here?

via Marvel NOW Avengers Arena Liveblog

Avengers Arena #4 cover art by Dave Johnson

Avengers Arena #4 variant cover art by Bobby Rubio

Avengers Arena #5 variant cover art by Joe Quinnones

Avengers Arena #5 cover art by Dave Johnson

Avengers Arena #2 black and white preview art by Kev Walker

phpOAoxO0AvengersArena_2_Preview1.jpg

phpb93dwYAvengersArena_2_Preview2.jpg

via Marvel NOW Iron Man Liveblog

Iron Man #2 cover art by Greg Land

Iron Man #6 cover art by Greg Land

Kind of want this Deadpool #4

Last edited:
DC Comics and other comic previews for tomorrow
It's not much of a secret for Cyke's new costume, especially the visor, it's been talked about a lot and exactly how it'll work given the mask covers his eyes and the x design is covering his whole face. I put the pic in a spoiler cuz it's a new image by the artist on the book
Marvel-Announces-Marvel-NOW-Comic-Con-2012.jpeg

It really looks like he's literally a cyclops now.
What's up with Fury being black in this one? I know he wore that as a costume once, but what's the story here?
That's Fury Jr., Nick Fury's black son :lol: Basically he had a son all along and now he's in SHIELD along with Agent Coulson. This is basically Marvel really pushing the movies, even though it started in the Ultimate Universe.

If you're interested in him you can read the mini Battle Scars which introduces him as Marcus Johnson and explains his current look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom