OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

the only marvel now book worth reading is all new xmen.
1,2 and 3 were all :pimp:
could care less about the avengers or their solo issues. justice league FTW!>D
The way you feel about Avengers is exactly how I feel about JL, granted I felt that way about the Avengers too before Geoff Johns and then Bendis.

Most of DC bores me outside of guys like The Question (who I don't know what the **** they're doing to now in the New52), the new Question, and Batman (none of the knockoff sidekicks either just Bats).

You wylin about Mar4vel NOW though, to add on to what's been mentioned; Red She-Hulk, X-Men Legacy, Journey Into Mystery, Indestructible Hulk, I hear Thor is good as well. Then all the stuff not yet released yet; Fearless Defenders, UXF, C&XF, etc.

Last edited:
mean.gif
Deadpool, Thunderbolts, & Uncanny Avengers are crack
Uncaany avengers is twisted man i love it issue 2 is dope!!!

Also does anyone read Daredevil: End of Days?
It's really good, the fact that the series only comes out once a month is a bummer but as someone who's never been a fan of Daredevil I can say that it's REALLY good.

It's really good, the fact that the series only comes out once a month is a bummer but as someone who's never been a fan of Daredevil I can say that it's REALLY good.

I completely agree. Issue #1 got me hooked on Daredevil, which led me to buy Vol. 1 of Mark Waid's Daredevil.

Wasn't able to follow it as I wasn't able to get the first issue. I've read nothing but praise for the series, definitely getting it on TPB.

my shop threw a random holiday sale. got all this for $65 :smokin

was looking EVERYWHERE for a [new 52] Detective Comics set of 1-12. he let me get em all for retail, then threw me an additional markdown. got that Deadpool half-bust for $9.99!

damb I love my shop 8)

Last edited:
Skottie Young CONTINUES to kill ALL these baby variant covers for Marvel NOW.

[Jay-Z voice] CLAP FOR EM!

Avengers Arena #1
Cable and X-Force #1
Iron Man #4
Marvel Universe vs. The Avengers #3
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3 and Dr. Manhattan #3
Batman #15
Fantastic Four #2
Batgirl #15
Batman and Robin #15

That's today for me, including 26 more from 2 weeks ago that I haven't even touched because of my busy work schedule :smh:

Batman #15 :smh:
Ish about to get real... Loving the "new" Joker.

[COLOR=#red]Don't know if you like podcasts but Kevin Smith has one called Fat Man on Batman and his last one was with Scott Snyder which was a really good listen, some great insight on things and possible direction of the series (no spoiler).[/COLOR]

Question for someone:

What is the best way to keep track of trades coming out? (Is that what they are called? Where it is the collective story arc in one hardcover/paperback. Ex. Batman Vol. 1 Court of Owls for the new 52.)

Is there any better way other than just checking Amazon from time to time?

Specifically I would like to keep up with the new 52 Batman but instead of going issue by issue rather go full story arc at a time. Already aware of digital format comics...etc..

[COLOR=#red]Don't know if you like podcasts but Kevin Smith has one called Fat Man on Batman and his last one was with Scott Snyder which was a really good listen, some great insight on things and possible direction of the series (no spoiler).[/COLOR]

[Cedric The Entertainer voice] Mannnnnnnnnnn F*** his podcast!

Since Kevin is retiring from movies after Clerks 3, his fat butt better be working on the final 6 issues of Batman: Widening Gyre :tongue:

Last edited:
Question for someone:

What is the best way to keep track of trades coming out? (Is that what they are called? Where it is the collective story arc in one hardcover/paperback. Ex. Batman Vol. 1 Court of Owls for the new 52.)

Is there any better way other than just checking Amazon from time to time?

Specifically I would like to keep up with the new 52 Batman but instead of going issue by issue rather go full story arc at a time. Already aware of digital format comics...etc..
Check comic sites or the DC site for when they release their solicitations a few months in advance.

DC just released DC Comics' FULL March 2013 Solicitations. TPBs are usually at the bottom. Google for Jan and Feb.

Last edited:
[Cedric The Entertainer voice] Mannnnnnnnnnn F*** his podcast!
Since Kevin is retiring from movies after Clerks 3, his fat butt better be working on the final 6 issues of Batman: Widening Gyre :tongue:

[COLOR=#red]:lol:

He said he was finishing up the next 2 issue by the middle/end of 2013. Buuuuuut we'll see.

And yes, I'm looking forward to Clerks 3. :nthat:[/COLOR]

Carls Scar in the New Walking dead is just sad :smh: . Neg is a power hungry ***. Overly Alpha, why are people following him?

I read TWD like damn he's way more efficient than The Governor. I'd say impressive but I don't know how he attained it yet and well we know Rick or somebody is gonna dismantle it.

Back
Top Bottom