OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I have time to read again. Have any of you guys been reading Thor God of Thunder? It's probably the best Thor I've read in a really long time

^No, but I have been told nothing but good things about it.

I found a DC comic I really like after searching for a minute. Justice League. Might try out Justice League Dark and International.

My Ghostface package came in. Comic included.

http://blackmaskstudios.com/bms/12-reasons-to-dies-12-covers-and-3-secret-ones/

feca486ab9ae11e2ae8022000a1fc41a_7.jpg

Every time I get to the end of a trade I am pissed off because the cliffhanger insinuates that there is more to the story.
Those are just the regular trades collecting the ongoings after a certain period of time. So it may be one or 2 arcs or one arc and another not completed.

If you get the ones with the right titles on it with the complete story you'll see the difference or you could just get the omnibus versions. Of course these get released after a long while.

I always liked Supergirl because of how she hates the planet as much as I do. Got the first trade and I think it is one of the best DC stories out there. I wonder why they chose the costume that they did.

I think one of Asrars costumes should have been selected.

Jim lee had a few that looked like this with slightly different color schemes

They definitely picked the wrong one. Most of their female new 52 costumes suck and they have been reverting them anyway. Supergirl's should be next

People take stuff way too seriously.

Dan Slott has been getting death threats and really vulgar tweets over the past couple Superior Spider-Man issues, **** is sad man

I just watched Iron Man 3. So he removes the Arc Reactor from his chest. Did this actually happen in the comics at any point or was that for Avengers Cinematic Universe only?

The movie was decent btw. Above average.

Ya I even though I don't like Otto being Spidey, well actually I hate it. Hopefully Peter will be back and this would just have end up being a really long story ark.
It's really ******ed having Ock as Spidey and pointless.
The threats are stupid, though

Ya I even though I don't like Otto being Spidey, well actually I hate it. Hopefully Peter will be back and this would just have end up being a really long story ark.

I don't see SSM running for years to come, I can see maybe 30 issues but I'm sure at some point the cat's gonna come out the bag and Peter's gonna be brought back, I have no problem with it really, I mean in some parts Otto really ticks me off, I'm not even gonna lie, I was HEATED with #9 but I enjoyed it enough look past my anger.

Same goes for a lot of Marvel NOW series, Avengers Arena is gonna run its course (Sadly) and we're gonna be left waiting for HOPEFULLY a new reboot with Phase 2 later this year, I think there's wayy too many X titles coming out, even though I am looking forward to the all female X-men, but a lot of the series are a hit or miss, Fearless Defenders surprised the hell outta me, but Thunderbolts was just plain bad (imo) I just can't stand the art or story. Cable and X-Force was another surprise, love it, and pretty much contradicting myself but anything Bendis writes I enjoy the hell outta it, dude is just a great writer.

Deadpool for sure is gonna keep running as long as Posehn can keep up with the writing (which isn't hard, Deadpool can be compared to a slice of life anime, no point, but entertaining) but I can do without the Kills or Killustrated, I don't see a reason to launch a new series in November (I think, I forgot the actual month)

Haven't really been messing with DC lately besides JLA and Constantine, I stopped reading any Batman series' after Death of the Family but I kinda regret because I really wanted to get into Requiem.

These are all my opinions though.

Last edited:
I love Bendis. :smokin

Im a huge X-Comics fan and I am having troubles keeping up. I think a few of the X-Comics need to go but I am sure enough people like the ones I dislike enough for them to continue. X-factor is a popular one and I hate that series. Wish polaris was in a difderent book cuz I love her. I have gotten all the wolvwrine and the X-Men stuff since 24 which I think is the only good issue. If this current story arc startimg this week sucks I am done with that ine too. I really like Legacy but I havent seen any of tge NOW stuff since I trade wait on Legacy. Also teade witing on cable so I dont jnow what thats like either. I dont like Astonishing either.

^well in that case you might as well just recommend uncanny x-force vol 1.
That's way too big. Like 30+ issues. I mean it's an entire volume. I think that'd be more than one omnibus. Not really an graphic novel format.
I just watched Iron Man 3. So he removes the Arc Reactor from his chest. Did this actually happen in the comics at any point or was that for Avengers Cinematic Universe only?

The movie was decent btw. Above average.
He removed the arc reactor from his chest in IM2 as well. No big deal at all as long as he eventually replaces it.

I don't see SSM running for years to come, I can see maybe 30 issues but I'm sure at some point the cat's gonna come out the bag and Peter's gonna be brought back, I have no problem with it really, I mean in some parts Otto really ticks me off, I'm not even gonna lie, I was HEATED with #9 but I enjoyed it enough look past my anger.

Same goes for a lot of Marvel NOW series, Avengers Arena is gonna run its course (Sadly) and we're gonna be left waiting for HOPEFULLY a new reboot with Phase 2 later this year, I think there's wayy too many X titles coming out, even though I am looking forward to the all female X-men, but a lot of the series are a hit or miss, Fearless Defenders surprised the hell outta me, but Thunderbolts was just plain bad (imo) I just can't stand the art or story. Cable and X-Force was another surprise, love it, and pretty much contradicting myself but anything Bendis writes I enjoy the hell outta it, dude is just a great writer.

Deadpool for sure is gonna keep running as long as Posehn can keep up with the writing (which isn't hard, Deadpool can be compared to a slice of life anime, no point, but entertaining) but I can do without the Kills or Killustrated, I don't see a reason to launch a new series in November (I think, I forgot the actual month)

Haven't really been messing with DC lately besides JLA and Constantine, I stopped reading any Batman series' after Death of the Family but I kinda regret because I really wanted to get into Requiem.

These are all my opinions though.
SSM is great, if you want to follow Peter's journey as Spider-Man in a sense you should still keep reading. I mean when it's done in like a year, Ock will have most likely ****** up Spidey's and Pete's life in several ways.

There's more Avengers titles than X-titles now. I get that daying there's too much use to be a legit complaint but the way I see it, read what you like, don't worry about all pf the titles, no need to try and read all of them especially if you don't like them. I mean if Marvel wanted the X-Men could be in a universe by itself with like 30+ titles based off those characters.

Deadpool Kills the MU and Killustrated were minis not new series, the whole point is to tell a different story cuz you can do that type of thing with Deadpool. They both sold well and Deadpool fans actually like it. Plus it was an alt reality Deadpool anyway so it's not like you need to keep up with.

If there was actually less titles there'd be more pressure on the remaining titles to sell more and Marvel is about making money just as much as they are about telling entertaining comic book stories.

Last edited:
Light week

Regular Show #1
The Legend of Luther Strode #5 (of 6)
Age of Ultron #8 (of 10)
Iron Man v5 #10
Nova v5 #4

Age of Ultron 1 and Wolverine and the X-Men 29. The next story arc will determine if I continue with wolverine and the x-men. I really only bought the 24th issue to see wolverine and storm hook up. Found out all new ties into it so decided to give it a shot. Most of the last story arc sucked except the finale.

Last edited:
Also I just found out now that Marvel is canceling Ultimate universe. The Avengers are supposed to square off against the Ultimates. Of course 1610 universe will lose. Changes in 1610 universe are permanent. Main characters die and they are not revived.

Also I just found out now that Marvel is canceling Ultimate universe. The Avengers are supposed to square off against the Ultimates. Of course 1610 universe will lose. Changes in 1610 universe are permanent. Main characters die and they are not revived.
mean.gif

Quote:

BRIAN MICHAEL BENDISVerified account
‏@BRIANMBENDIS
The Ulitmate universe is not cancelled! the concept of legit comics reporting is though.

Miles morales aint going nowhere

Back
Top Bottom