OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

heres a few more

that deadpool and spidey/eric b and rakim tho 
nthat.gif

Yo Green Lantern really is the underrated GOAT of superheroes.

I recently obtained a collection of every issue of every GL comic from Hal Jordan's introduction in 1959 to the New 52 reboot

There are really some classic storylines. The Green Arrow/GL socially aware stories of the 70s, Emerald Twilight where Hal goes crazy, and the beginnings of Kyle Rayner's run are all classic.

Best of all is Geoff John's godly Rebirth miniseries and his subsequent gawdly GL storytelling for the next decade :pimp:

I implore yall to check it out

Last edited:
Geoff John's Green Lantern run redefined the entire franchise :smokin Entire thing was all around amazing.

I'm somewhat envious honestly, because all of those comics together is one dope collection. :smokin

Last edited:
^ Agreed

How do you guys feel about reading digitally?

I still love the idea of the physical books, but I can't lie, the ease, no storage, and price of digital has me pretty much reading 100% on my iPad for novels and comics.

if its like a single issue digital is okay cuz its so easy to obtain and look at on a tablet.

but i really like collections, like trade paperbacks, in physical form.

They just look nice on the shelf with other books yknow.

these aren't my pics but i have these and whenever people come over they look at them. ...like they don't eem look at book books lol.

I dont like reading on screen. I think its the color too. Because oddly have no problem reading manga thats black and white

This is so ******* dope :smokin

Blood of my Blood, Flesh of my Flesh. This takes me back

Here's some new cool ones:

^ Agreed

How do you guys feel about reading digitally?

I still love the idea of the physical books, but I can't lie, the ease, no storage, and price of digital has me pretty much reading 100% on my iPad for novels and comics.
I'm mostly digital nowadays. I was half and half but there's a lot of convenience.

I save physical stuff for trades and omnibus.

Last edited:
this one is soooo dope

and you gotta pay homage to outkast 

So according to what i read they are doing 50+ hip hop variants and IDK about you but im planing on copping all of them!!!

as much as I want all of them im only going to get a few that I like to actually read.
I may try to find high res pics of the covers to print out though

i just hope theres a beastie boys, jay-z, common, ludacris, lupe fiasco, KRS one, slick rick, snoop dogg, big pun, mos-def, MF doom, eminem, and kanye to name a few lol 

I really hope theirs a MF DOOM x Doctor Doom cover. I doubt it tho
Alonso said they're doing these variants only for the All-New All-Different relaunch which is like 60 titles.

Doubt there's a Dr. Doom book coming but I dunno hope there's a F4 relaunch and he's in it.

Hard for me not to feel some type of way about this, they don't hire black writers, they just started promoting black characters like a week ago, but they wanna use black culture to sell comic covers?

nah Marvel can keep that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom