OFFICIAL Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread - DK,FD vol. Addictive Personalities Beware

Anyone start looking at next week?

I'm primarily on double ups this week so I'm avoiding the cluster of high priced players except for Bell. Balance out my spend and try to get some guaranteed scoring as opposed to knocking out a HR.

The price jumps on some of the RBs on DK is ridiculous this week though

Last edited:
I've tried DK and I just didn't like the flex option. I'm sticking with FD. I make about 8-15 NFL lineups at a time. No time to think about a flex.

As far as the insider trading, probably going down, you got some shady individuals. I've been on a roll as of lately. So can't really complain. I just need to hit the top spot.

I'm only messing with fanduel from now on.

Won a total 539 (won 500 on a 5$ deposit) week 2

Won 161 ( won 125 on a on a 5$ deposit) week 3

I may not be eating like some of you guys but I'm steadily cooking on fanduel on my 3rd week of ever playing. And I have deposited maybe 100 if that so far.

I haven't gotten anything form DK flex complicates things. And I just don't like how the site looks lol.

Last edited:
I like playing tournaments and cash games on FD.

Only cash games on DK tho. Can't seem to place in tournaments on DK.

And I agree, FD is more pleasing on the eyes than DK :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I don't like how the site looks like on draft kings. Hurts my eyes.

But in fanduel I always play the $2 & $5 Vegas tourney. I then look at my best lineups and put In on $25 "50/50" and $5,$10,$25 "5x multipliers"

So at a minimum I have at least 8 lineups.

This isn't including my prime time lines ups and mon Thursday lineups. Before I played reckless and would make 30 $1 to $2 lineups for mon - Thurs games. Never really made any real money playing In the $1-$2 buy ins.

$5-$10-$25 buy ins is where it's at.

Yeah I don't like how the site looks like on draft kings. Hurts my eyes.

But in fanduel I always play the $2 & $5 Vegas tourney. I then look at my best lineups and put In on $25 "50/50" and $5,$10,$25 "5x multipliers"

So at a minimum I have at least 8 lineups.

This isn't including my prime time lines ups and mon Thursday lineups. Before I played reckless and would make 30 $1 to $2 lineups for mon - Thurs games. Never really made any real money playing In the $1-$2 buy ins.

$5-$10-$25 buy ins is where it's at.

Preety much. I'm convinced that a majority of the people that play DFS don't know what they're doing. There is money to be made.... Or I may have just been lucky and will proceed to bomb the rest of the season. Also for 2 dollar tourneys I sometimes throw in a 1 dollar multiplie double up or head to head so if/when I lose in that first tourney I can still most likely win in one of the latter games so instead of losing the whole 2 I only lose 20 cents. It's been working lately.

I hear ya look I might be in the minority hear but infer like anyone who feels like that have a stacked lineup should share. And yes I'm new to DK

Cash out before it's too late. This is online poker all over again

It sounds like the people who have invested in DFS are pretty powerful, probably loads more powerful than your Judges and Houses that could vote against DFS.

DFS could take a **** on Congress desk each morning, and still be here in the evening.

A good read from one of the top pro's, Drew Dinkmeyer:

I’ve spent the entirety of my professional career doing my best at making informed decisions. I started off in finance as an investment analyst tasked with trying to evaluate investment managers. Each decision often required months, even years in some cases, of due diligence on both the qualitative and quantitative side. I’ve since moved into DFS where each day is spent trying to assess an entire pool of players and make the best recommendations possible based on the information at hand. The process has been sped up a bit by the nature of Daily Fantasy games, but the goal remains the same. Take in as much information as I can and deliver the most informed opinion possible to put myself and our subscribers in the best position to win.

With that backdrop in mind, I often take time to digest big industry information and news. Part of it is how I’ve been trained, part of it is my personality, and yes a big part of it is also my position in the industry. It’s easy for me to be reactive, and often jovial and conversational on twitter, about things going on in sports and the greater world. If I say something stupid about an ongoing sporting event, I’ll get ridiculed and made fun of, but I don’t have the same risk as making an ill-informed judgment on something going on within the industry. My mentions will get flooded and I’ll have to wear a stupid comment about Eddie Lacy or Christine Michael, but at the end of the day it’s a silly reactive sports opinion; it’s not my livelihood.

For some, my taking a breath to digest something will come as silence due to a conflict of interest. From my vantage point, it’s trying to be careful about something I love. I left a stable career in finance to take on a passion. This isn’t something I’m doing on the side. This is my primary source of income and my career. I have poured everything I have into this career for the last 2+ years. It’s exceptionally important to me so if I’m going to comment about something that I view as exceptionally important within the industry, I need to take the time to try and digest as much information as I possibly can.

The recent issues at both FanDuel and DraftKings are exceptionally important. The issue at DraftKings shed light on the risk of employees having access to data that could be used to tilt the playing field to their advantage while playing on other sites. It revealed not only the importance of the data, but the concerns associated with employees playing DFS on other sites. I don’t believe there was intentional misuse of data and I don’t believe an advantage was gained in this instance. I do understand the accusations and the concerns given some of the best players in the industry have worked/are currently working for DFS sites. I think it’s a natural concern to link the two together and wonder.

When this industry started, it was important to have people working within these sites that played the games. The operators needed someone with a deep understanding of the games to oversee and develop pricing models and it was also important for them to build their product better by learning from game play on other sites. It was a really important piece for how these companies grew and developed. Now that they’ve gotten so big though, the risk far outweighs the reward and I think this is something that has become overtly apparent. The sites have responded by tightening up parameters around employees playing on other sites, which I think is a necessary first step. This doesn’t eliminate all risks. Employees could still share key information to friends who use it to play, but it does at least put up another hurdle.

The issues at FanDuel are getting less attention because there isn’t a sexy headline accusation like “insider trading” to attach to it, but in my opinion they are in the same neighborhood of concern. FanDuel has been posting single entry contests that users have been able to multi-enter. When confronted about it, FanDuel has offered support responses indicating it was a mistake in labeling the contest and refunded participants entry fees. Unfortunately, it’s happened a few times and the repeated generic response is frustrating those players who are involved in the decision. It’s another issue where we have to question risk controls and oversight at one of the leading companies in our industry because a mistake is seemingly being made over and over. As these sites become bigger, the bar on execution only gets higher. With more eyes comes louder voices and while we’ve gotten pretty far “trusting the sites”, the scale of their businesses may require a different tact.

The idea of regulation is scary. It’s scary to have an outside authority who may or may not know much about the industry begin passing judgment and ultimately legislation on the industry we love. We’ve seen a glimpse of this in the way DFS is discussed when politicians are referencing it. With regulation likely comes added costs and typically those costs get passed onto the consumer. With increased costs, the required winning percentage to remain profitable goes up. The game only becomes more difficult.

On the other hand, we need better preventative measures in place to stop these issues from arising. I don’t have the answers to what these measures are but having a finance background makes me believe some of the risk control measurements in place on data and information in financial companies may translate well to DFS. I don’t work inside in these companies and I have zero information as to their internal policies, so this is purely a guess. It would make sense to me that if you wanted to avoid regulation long-term the best way to do so would be to implement stronger levels of regulation internally and the aim to communicate them in a transparent way to customers.

As someone commenting from the outside, it’s hard to have complete understanding of what is going on inside. The sites could help through better communication but perfect transparency is probably a pipe-dream. Even with more communication, I don’t exactly have experience commenting on how to run a billion dollar business and I sure as heck couldn’t have gotten either company to this point if I had been. As a result, I’m hesitant to suggest I have any, or all, of the answers necessary on how to proceed. As a customer, I would feel better if:

1) The companies shed some light on plans for improved internal risk management and specifically were leveraging resources from outside industries that are already heavily regulated
2) The companies offer more transparency around who and how many people have access to integral data

Ultimately, I think this is an opportunity for the industry leaders to re-shape the industry and firm up the policies and practices in place to make us stronger going forward. Given the success both companies have had carving out a completely new industry, I believe they have the strength and fortitude to overcome these issues and build a stronger industry going forward.

It sounds like the people who have invested in DFS are pretty powerful, probably loads more powerful than your Judges and Houses that could vote against DFS.

DFS could take a **** on Congress desk each morning, and still be here in the evening.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-became-pro-sports-newest-addiction-machine/

"Daily fantasy site DraftKings said this week it had received a $300 million investment from Fox Sports, Madison Square Garden and the national leagues of baseball, hockey and soccer. Its chief rival, FanDuel, pocketed $275 million earlier this month from NBC Sports, Time Warner's Turner Sports and other investors (including Google and Comcast)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/sports/football/draftkings-fanduel-fantasy-sports-games.html?_r=0

"The Patriots, owned by the Kraft family, an early investor in DraftKings, have built the DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone in Gillette Stadium, the team’s home in Foxborough, Mass. The lounge on the main concourse looks like a Nevada sports book, with a high-tech sports bar and 37 high-definition televisions tuned to out-of-town games so fans can track their fantasy teams.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have taken the concept further in their alliance with FanDuel. This season at EverBank Field, the team opened FanDuelVille, a space where up to 3,000 fans can watch games, check fantasy football statistics, sip signature cocktails and dance to music spun by a disc jockey. Fans can win “premium hospitality experiences” and be voted “the mayor of FanDuelVille,” which entitles them to use one of the spa cabanas at the stadium. At the end of each Jaguars home game, FanDuelVille is turned into the FanDuel 5th Quarter, a postgame party."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...o-kick-off-the-football-season-300133579.html

"BOSTON, Aug. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DraftKings, Inc., a leading skill-based daily fantasy sports destination, today announced the opening of DraftKings-branded fantasy sports lounges at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys; Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots; and Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs. All of the facilities will open at the start of the football season.

With this announcement, DraftKings establishes exclusive multi-year partnerships with the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs.

"What better way to kick off football season than by partnering with the most recognizable, storied franchises in the league to create our newest fantasy lounges," said Jason Robins, CEO and co-founder of DraftKings. "Our lounges will give Patriots, Cowboys and Chiefs fans enhanced game-day experiences that will bring them closer to the action. We look forward to providing even more exclusive once-in-a-lifetime experiences for DraftKings users through these partnerships."

AT&T Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Lounge will be located at the field-level in AT&T Stadium and is the gateway to the field for opposing teams' players as they leave the locker room. DraftKings players will gain access and opportunity to cheer, and even high-five, NFL stars as they charge through the tunnel to take the field. The Lounge will also be open to select suite and club ticket members.

"DraftKings and the Cowboys share the same passion for football, sports and business, making this a natural partnership," said Dallas Cowboys Executive Vice President / Chief Sales & Marketing Officer Jerry Jones, Jr. "The daily segment of fantasy sports is exploding, with more fans joining every day. DraftKings has established itself as the pre-eminent service in daily fantasy sports. Their commitment to providing its customers with the best experience possible is unrivaled, which should be a tremendous benefit to our fans as they experience all DraftKings has to offer at the new fantasy lounge."

Gillette Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone at Gillette Stadium, located on the main concourse in the south end zone, will feature a variety of menu options, a wide selection of beers and beverages curated by DraftKings, as well as an impressive array of HDTVs so fans can keep tabs on every NFL game and all of the day's NFL news and fantasy football action. The Fantasy Sports Zone will be open to the general public during all Patriots games.

"We love partnering with New England-based companies and are proud to be one of the first to pledge our support of DraftKings, a Boston-based startup that has quickly become a leader in the daily fantasy sports industry," said Murray Kohl, Patriots Vice President of Corporate Sponsorship Sales. "DraftKings is unrivaled in their ability to create games that complement the experience of a live game. Creating a specially-branded space at our stadium showcases our belief in the viability and longevity of daily fantasy sports. There is tremendous potential for collaboration, both now and in the future."

Arrowhead Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Penthouse provides spectacular views for all Kansas City Chiefs games and includes premium indoor seating, HDTVs and an all-inclusive food and beverage package with each ticket. Fans will be able to win access to this exclusive space through DraftKings contests throughout the season. The space is located on the press level of the stadium, which is shared with media, coaches and the visiting owner's suite.

"DraftKings and the Chiefs both have a vision for providing the best in engagement, entertainment and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for Kansas City fans," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "DraftKings has an intuitive sense of what sports fans want most, and we believe this partnership and their presentation of the DraftKings Fantasy Sports Penthouse furthers that mission in a meaningful way. Our partnership will create new opportunities to bring Chiefs fans closer to the team and players they love."

Today's news brings the total number of DraftKings-branded lounges at major sporting arenas to five. STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and Madison Square Garden in New York City will be home to lounges for fans attending games and events at both facilities, and will open this fall."

[COLOR=#red]Big players don't get much bigger than the teams/leagues themselves. On the other hand, I don't see any way that CFB is still offered next year. It honestly feels kinda weird that they are able to use the actual player names too considering the whole fallout from 2K & NCAA football.[/COLOR]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-became-pro-sports-newest-addiction-machine/

"Daily fantasy site DraftKings said this week it had received a $300 million investment from Fox Sports, Madison Square Garden and the national leagues of baseball, hockey and soccer. Its chief rival, FanDuel, pocketed $275 million earlier this month from NBC Sports, Time Warner's Turner Sports and other investors (including Google and Comcast)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/sports/football/draftkings-fanduel-fantasy-sports-games.html?_r=0

"The Patriots, owned by the Kraft family, an early investor in DraftKings, have built the DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone in Gillette Stadium, the team’s home in Foxborough, Mass. The lounge on the main concourse looks like a Nevada sports book, with a high-tech sports bar and 37 high-definition televisions tuned to out-of-town games so fans can track their fantasy teams.

The Jacksonville Jaguars have taken the concept further in their alliance with FanDuel. This season at EverBank Field, the team opened FanDuelVille, a space where up to 3,000 fans can watch games, check fantasy football statistics, sip signature cocktails and dance to music spun by a disc jockey. Fans can win “premium hospitality experiences” and be voted “the mayor of FanDuelVille,” which entitles them to use one of the spa cabanas at the stadium. At the end of each Jaguars home game, FanDuelVille is turned into the FanDuel 5th Quarter, a postgame party."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...o-kick-off-the-football-season-300133579.html

"BOSTON, Aug. 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DraftKings, Inc., a leading skill-based daily fantasy sports destination, today announced the opening of DraftKings-branded fantasy sports lounges at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys; Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots; and Arrowhead Stadium, home of the Kansas City Chiefs. All of the facilities will open at the start of the football season.

With this announcement, DraftKings establishes exclusive multi-year partnerships with the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs.

"What better way to kick off football season than by partnering with the most recognizable, storied franchises in the league to create our newest fantasy lounges," said Jason Robins, CEO and co-founder of DraftKings. "Our lounges will give Patriots, Cowboys and Chiefs fans enhanced game-day experiences that will bring them closer to the action. We look forward to providing even more exclusive once-in-a-lifetime experiences for DraftKings users through these partnerships."

AT&T Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Lounge will be located at the field-level in AT&T Stadium and is the gateway to the field for opposing teams' players as they leave the locker room. DraftKings players will gain access and opportunity to cheer, and even high-five, NFL stars as they charge through the tunnel to take the field. The Lounge will also be open to select suite and club ticket members.

"DraftKings and the Cowboys share the same passion for football, sports and business, making this a natural partnership," said Dallas Cowboys Executive Vice President / Chief Sales & Marketing Officer Jerry Jones, Jr. "The daily segment of fantasy sports is exploding, with more fans joining every day. DraftKings has established itself as the pre-eminent service in daily fantasy sports. Their commitment to providing its customers with the best experience possible is unrivaled, which should be a tremendous benefit to our fans as they experience all DraftKings has to offer at the new fantasy lounge."

Gillette Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone at Gillette Stadium, located on the main concourse in the south end zone, will feature a variety of menu options, a wide selection of beers and beverages curated by DraftKings, as well as an impressive array of HDTVs so fans can keep tabs on every NFL game and all of the day's NFL news and fantasy football action. The Fantasy Sports Zone will be open to the general public during all Patriots games.

"We love partnering with New England-based companies and are proud to be one of the first to pledge our support of DraftKings, a Boston-based startup that has quickly become a leader in the daily fantasy sports industry," said Murray Kohl, Patriots Vice President of Corporate Sponsorship Sales. "DraftKings is unrivaled in their ability to create games that complement the experience of a live game. Creating a specially-branded space at our stadium showcases our belief in the viability and longevity of daily fantasy sports. There is tremendous potential for collaboration, both now and in the future."

Arrowhead Stadium
The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Penthouse provides spectacular views for all Kansas City Chiefs games and includes premium indoor seating, HDTVs and an all-inclusive food and beverage package with each ticket. Fans will be able to win access to this exclusive space through DraftKings contests throughout the season. The space is located on the press level of the stadium, which is shared with media, coaches and the visiting owner's suite.

"DraftKings and the Chiefs both have a vision for providing the best in engagement, entertainment and once-in-a-lifetime experiences for Kansas City fans," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "DraftKings has an intuitive sense of what sports fans want most, and we believe this partnership and their presentation of the DraftKings Fantasy Sports Penthouse furthers that mission in a meaningful way. Our partnership will create new opportunities to bring Chiefs fans closer to the team and players they love."

Today's news brings the total number of DraftKings-branded lounges at major sporting arenas to five. STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and Madison Square Garden in New York City will be home to lounges for fans attending games and events at both facilities, and will open this fall."

[COLOR=#red]Big players don't get much bigger than the teams/leagues themselves. On the other hand, I don't see any way that CFB is still offered next year. It honestly feels kinda weird that they are able to use the actual player names too considering the whole fallout from 2K & NCAA football.[/COLOR
]

:lol: Wow. And yet sports gambling isn't legal across US.

Well now we know why :smh:

I will say DFS shouldn't be involved in college sports. I try not to play but I'd feel somewhat guilty making money off of a kid in college.

I need to go in on the multipliers and 50/50s. I like playing tourneys because of the high upside, but if I put my best lineups in those games I'd be doing it. I haven't come out of a tournament with more than $45 anyway.

Any sleepers this week?

Colts are terrible against slot receivers, Cecil Shorts is out and Nate Washington may be too so Chandler Worthy may be a good min salary play

Steve Sr. is out so Kamar Aiken may see an uptick in touches. His ownership will be higher than you think since he had a decent game.

McFadden will have a chance at more carries with Dunbar out but I can see Randle getting the Lion's share. Ultra sleeper would be Christine Michael - I wouldn't risk it.

Karlos Williams is in the concussion protocol so we'll know later this week but I'd definitely play Boobie Dixon in a GPP simply because of guaranteed touches + minimum salary.

I have Keshawn Martin in a few lineups; something tells me he'll quickly be a top option soon for Brady - Texans just suck at player utilization.

Not a huge sleeper but Gates and Bryant are getting love from me this week, Gates more than Martavis.

Hankerson has made himself the clear #2 and the Diplomats are excellent against the run so I wouldn't be surprised to see a better performance out of him. Andre Johnson is hella risky but the revenge angle may give him some juice. He's not cost prohibitive anymore either so I'd risk him in a tourney

Last edited:
Anyway these promo codes good for anything?

My homie doing fanduel but doubt anything came from it

:lol: so many people want to see DFS get banned because they suck at it. It's hilarious man. (Not in here, referring to tweets I see regarding this whole scandal). Like A-friend posted earlier, DFS has way to much of the higher ups invested in it. But they need to shore up their own employees ruining for everybody else. If you work for FD/DK, you shouldnt be able to play imo.

Value plays this week: Dion Lewis (DK), Gurley (DK), Spiller (both), Josh McCown (Both), Barnidge (both), Snead (Both, 3k on DK), Clay (Both), Giants D (FD, Aiken (Both), Kendall Wright (FD, only 5.9k is a steal), James Jones (FD), Hurns (both), Alex Smith (both), Maclin (6.9k on FD is money against the Bears D, 6k on DK is nice as well), Owen Daniels (Matchup is gold and hella cheap), Mike Evans (Both, he won't be this cheap again all year after he goes off Sunday.) Top value play IMO will be Kendall Wright in FD and Lewis on DK.

In cash I'm going Pats stack and not looking back + Charles in every LU. I trust them to produce due to having high floors all together

I'll think of more later

Last edited:
What do you guys think of Antonio Gates or Owen Daniels? I heard Owen semi-hurt and could be a trap hit? I really like Gates for the Rivers Gates combo. 

Maclin or Edelman? Game script could cause them to not do as well?

Dion Lewis and Gurley? Will they get their touches again?

so how does draft kings match your deposit ?I do not see anything
They don't really. 

As you play, and accumulate play points, they release $1, for every so many points. It's next to impossible to unlock all of the matched money unless you play heavy. 

They don't really. 

As you play, and accumulate play points, they release $1, for every so many points. It's next to impossible to unlock all of the matched money unless you play heavy. 
isn't that considered false advertising?

Back
Top Bottom