sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Em CANNOT be touched. Best verse on Compton by FAR

Other than those, Compton is trash

what is "west coast" supposed to sound like? DJ MUSTARD?

Mustard is that Bay sound. West Coast in its true essence is LA gangsta music. Like bobbing your head in a old school 64 type music.

That Justus guy sounds like Young Wun in Talk About it.

darkside is my fave. I Just can't help myself
I actually just got done listening to that......1st track I had to replay 
pimp.gif

Edit: First spin's complete.....absolute fire.....no skips at all......and Em on Medicine Man? 
sick.gif
  disgusting...

Last edited:
Lol dre didnt do any of these beats and he doesnt rap.

Jay z wrote still dre, royce da 5'9 wrote most of 2001.

Snoop n cube did his earlier verses and now k.dot is doing the work plus prolly em and still royce.

Dude was my idol until i found out what he really does nowadays

Lol dre didnt do any of these beats and he doesnt rap.

Jay z wrote still dre, royce da 5'9 wrote most of 2001.

Snoop n cube did his earlier verses and now k.dot is doing the work plus prolly em and still royce.

Dude was my idol until i found out what he really does nowadays

You just found this out?

It's Dre who cares it's like Diddy

i like dre's verse on talk about it .... :nthat: that beat was hittin too.
all in a days work was dope
Gone was dope
deep water
for the love of money for the sample
animals was cool
medicine man

keep the rest...

This album definitely sounds West Coast to me. I need to play it a few more times, don't like that they have Dre doing that fast rap. I'm sure Em and Kendrick wrote all his ****, should have slowed that **** down. I'll play it some more. This got me in the mood to listen to Chronic and 2001.

Album is cool, nothing special tho. Doesn't really sound west coast to me.

He had to made it modern. Not everything can be a West Coast beat. That is why the young kids will like this too.

I didn't say it couldn't sound modern and I didn't say everything has to be a west coast beat. Kids won't care about this in week or two. The project just sounds like dre didn't do much on it but rally up the features. It doesn't sound like he had a hand in anything, just had some young cats pick the beats and write verses for him to recite so he "sounds" appealing to the younger crowd. There's definitely some good songs on here and I don't think it's trash but I don't feel anything listening to it which will make it forgettable.

The project just sounds like dre didn't do much on it but rally up the features. It doesn't sound like he had a hand in anything, just had some young cats pick the beats and write verses for him to recite so he "sounds" appealing to the younger crowd. There's definitely some good songs on here and I don't think it's trash but I don't feel anything listening to it which will make it forgettable.

I feel you on this

No one should write for Dre unless they get his laid back aggresive flow down like Dre Day and The Watcher

Its from Dre so im gonna support no matter what but I felt he should have went along this route... this should have been the 1st song after the intro! this is how you write for Dre

A source said that Kendrick was sending subliminal shots at Drake in "Deep Water"..

pretty solid album by Dr. Lamar 

people reaching on this EM verse IMO... it was good, but not on some OHHHHHHHHHH **** 

it was some real **** tho, he definitely had some emotion behind those words...... minus the part about the rape, could have done without that 

"Talking to My Diary" is my favorite Dre verses.... "For the Love of Money" is still my favorite song overall -- Jon Connor ate that track up 

Mustard is that Bay sound. West Coast in its true essence is LA gangsta music. Like bobbing your head in a old school 64 type music.

That Justus guy sounds like Young Wun in Talk About it.

What I'm saying tho, is that sound changes. Like the south sound back in 02-04 is different from now. Same with the west coast sound. It's not going to be the same from 2000-01.

A few observations after another spin...

1.  Everyone really does sound angry as hell on this joint.  
laugh.gif
  There's a lot of yelling on it and just wild aggressive flows.  I could        use a few more smooth, toned down tracks.

2.  I don't love how Dre morphs into whoever is writing for him.  Like it's just kinda TOO obvious.  He does pull it off well though (which he always has), so this isn't a huge deal.  His mic presence is still commanding as ever.  

3.  That Em verse is dope but nothing earth-shattering like a lot of folks are making it out to be.  

4.  The production on here is damn near flawless.  It sounds so crisp, clean and polished.  Dre (and his team 
laugh.gif
) still has it.

5.  I'm not even mad at the updated West Coast sound.  Of course I'd love to hear some G-Funk sounds, but it's 2015 now--can't live in the past.  I think this record is a nice progression from the past.  

All in all, this joint jams.  It'll probably never be a classic in my eyes, but after waiting this long for new Dre, nothing could.  But I like it for what it is.  I'll be purchasing a copy to support Dre's cause.  

Back
Top Bottom