Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

That has nothing to do with Vegeta being a good person or not, nothing to do with what Piccolo himself was arguing about, and Piccolo himself is actually proven to be 100% wrong, hence the SSGod ritual working at all with Vegeta taking part. :lol:

What you're talking about is something else entirely. :rofl:

No, no I get exactly what you're saying. The fact that vegeta can't except the truth in his heart amongst other obvious reasons is why vegeta couldn't be chosen as a god. He's involved in the ritual because he's a saiyan and his heart is pure NOW because his intentions are good but that doesn't alleviate his *******ness.

...I am intrigued as to how he comes across his god power later on in the series though

That has nothing to do with Vegeta being a good person or not, nothing to do with what Piccolo himself was arguing about, and Piccolo himself is actually proven to be 100% wrong, hence the SSGod ritual working at all with Vegeta taking part. :lol:

What you're talking about is something else entirely. :rofl:

No, no I get exactly what you're saying. The fact that vegeta can't except the truth in his heart amongst other obvious reasons is why vegeta couldn't be chosen as a god. He's involved in the ritual because he's a saiyan and his heart is pure NOW because his intentions are good but that doesn't alleviate his *******ness.

...I am intrigued as to how he comes across his god power later on in the series though

Rep for that term, "****boiness" :lol:

But remember that Vegeta does accept the "truth" during the fight with Kid Buu, acknowledging Goku as being the superior of the two, and even saying that Goku's the one of them that could defeat Buu and that he'd (Vegeta) be destroyed. And afterwards Vegeta keeps training because he's still a competetive person and wants to surpass Goku, but he really hasn't been showing the same arrogance. When King Kai said Goku was defeated by Beerus, Vegeta was completely thrown off, finding it to be unbelievable and didn't hold any hopes of him doing any better.

Within the realm of Battle of Gods there's honestly no reason that Goku had to be the one that was made into a God. The terms of the ritual don't state which of the Saiyans it has to be, and only that all of them be righteous. It could've therefore realistically been Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, or Goten. It was Goku for the same reason that Goku was the one who fought Frieza in Resurrection, because he's the face/main hero of the franchise and Toriyama has a problem letting anyone else shine. :rofl:

Rep for that term, "****boiness" :lol:

But remember that Vegeta does accept the "truth" during the fight with Kid Buu, acknowledging Goku as being the superior of the two, and even saying that Goku's the one of them that could defeat Buu and that he'd (Vegeta) be destroyed. And afterwards Vegeta keeps training because he's still a competetive person and wants to surpass Goku, but he really hasn't been showing the same arrogance. When King Kai said Goku was defeated by Beerus, Vegeta was completely thrown off, finding it to be unbelievable and didn't hold any hopes of him doing any better.

Within the realm of Battle of Gods there's honestly no reason that Goku had to be the one that was made into a God. The terms of the ritual don't state which of the Saiyans it has to be, and only that all of them be righteous. It could've therefore realistically been Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, or Goten. It was Goku for the same reason that Goku was the one who fought Frieza in Resurrection, because he's the face/main hero of the franchise and Toriyama has a problem letting anyone else shine. :rofl:

I agree with this lol sometimes I feel like we get so into this that we forget that much like Gohan, Vegeta is a victim of poor plot writing

The SSJ God transformation is easily the worst of the whole series. No training required or power ups. Just a damn kumbaya session.

:lol: at Shenron being shook of Beerus.

Also, what the hell is Whis? I know he's not a god but a servant to Beerus but he's shown himself to be more powerful. Can anyone shed light?

The SSJ God transformation is easily the worst of the whole series. No training required or power ups. Just a damn kumbaya session.

:lol: at Shenron being shook of Beerus.

Also, what the hell is Whis? I know he's not a god but a servant to Beerus but he's shown himself to be more powerful. Can anyone shed light?

I'm only accepting SSG as a means for them to reach the next level. A stepping stone. Because of it they're were able the plateau that were written into.

As for now we only know that whis is the one who has trains the God of destruction and keeps them in check. That's all we know for now.

Eh. I don't mind the no training to become ssj god. Something different from needing people to die first before ascending to another form.

I like the whole transformation tho. Gotta give them that. Way better that the movie portrayal.

I didn't like Super Saiyan God when I first heard about it and I don't like it anymore now. SS4 remains the better transformation to me.

Dragon ball super could've been a great way for them to undo the awful holding hands transformation into SSG but Toriyama kept EVERYTHING from the film. I'm really curious as to where they go with it from here and how Goku and Vegeta reach the "Super saiyan god super saiyan" transformation against frieza but at the snails pace this series is going we won't see that for another 2 years :smh:

I'm mostly interested in what happens between the gap of the 2 movies. I really want to see if my theory about the SSG form is stronger than the form we saw in the frieza movie.

I'm mostly interested in what happens between the gap of the 2 movies. I really want to see if my theory about the SSG form is stronger than the form we saw in the frieza movie.

I remember you posting about that theory and I've been thinking about it but I don't know if I agree. The name of the transformation nullifies the theory by being called "super saiyan god super saiyan" but at the same time goku couldn't sustain nor retain the power of god mode in BOG for long so I'm assuming the same will happen in super and I can't picture them doing the ritual any time some ish goes down AND doing the ritual for vegeta as well for them to train in that mode and find a way to ascend... It's definitely going to have something to do with training with Bills and Whis

I remember you posting about that theory and I've been thinking about it but I don't know if I agree. The name of the transformation nullifies the theory by being called "super saiyan god super saiyan" but at the same time goku couldn't sustain nor retain the power of god mode in BOG for long so I'm assuming the same will happen in super and I can't picture them doing the ritual any time some ish goes down AND doing the ritual for vegeta as well for them to train in that mode and find a way to ascend... It's definitely going to have something to do with training with Bills and Whis

Well there's a couple reasons why I think my theory is correct or has some validity. Firstly from what I remember goku and vegeta both had described the transformation as "tapping into the power of a god", that coupled with the fact that both vegeta and goku would absolutely hate having to rely on something other then their own strength to become stronger. Also, in the scene where beerus first wakes up during goku and vegetas training, goku explains that he had to rely on whis to get back and forth to the planet because he couldn't sense beerus's godly ki, which wouldn't make sense if he had mastered the God form as it was presented in the first movie and improved upon. Also I remember AT making a big deal about how the new form was designed to be slimmer and look younger, chi chi even marvels on how much slimmer and younger he looks in the latest episode. while this new form completed gets rid of that and returns to "bulk" of the original super Saiyan state. I kind of think that the entire reason they have to go super sayain while tapping into the God ki in general is to sort of bridge the gap in power using the super sayain multiplier, which in theory is much stronger now because according to Toriyama goku and possibly vegeta have been working to master the super sayain state, eliminating the need for further transformations like ss2 and ss3.

Just my theory though.

just another thing that im guessing is that having transformed into the original SSG from BOG and internalizes the power just makes there base form stronger but did not leave them with godly ki or the ability to sense it. Just seems like their are too many differences between the forms for one to be a further evolution of the other. i think its more like a branched transformation.

i also think we'll be seeing vegeto again. fusion was so heavily hinted at i would be shocked if they didnt incorporate him

Last edited:
im surprised no one brought up Videl having a super saiyan moment in this weeks episode
View media item 1705919

Yup. Pan energy inside her womb made her become ssj as they held hands. Hopefully this means they will let Pan turn ssj in future episodes making her the first female. And what happened with Bulla? Did Toriyama completely eliminate Vegetas daughter b? She was there at the end of dbz and is two years older than Pan.

Last edited:
Just finished ep 7. Glad its finally deviating from the movie.

lol at 18, Tien, and Piccolo trying to take Beerus after Gotenks and Majin Buu were just sonned :lol:

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the fat beerus will have something to do with Vegeta tapping to his SSJ god power.

Just a gut feeling

Last episode was the best yet IMO. It feels like the old DBZ. :lol: @ Goku getting back at Beerus from what he did to him on kaio's planet

Last edited:
I liked how Buu was still all banged up from his *** whupping from Beerus.

What the hell is the point of Lord Pilaf an co? There's enough comic relief from Whis, and the other regular characters.

Last edited:
Pilaf's crew will be part of the regular characters. It seemed like it.

They're annoying as **** now.

Back
Top Bottom